IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

9 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

haven't drank yet since I have been off.  Still got stuff to do as you could see in my previous post 😉  

Well you have accomplished your goals and its time for a t-giving vaca whiskey. Pissed I have to work all day tomorrow. Every year I say Im going to clear that day next year and never think about it when scheduling shit. And shit piles up because all the thurs/fri judges try to squeeze a big wed docket to make up for it. Bitching aside, my sobriety did help me get a better score...

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Well you have accomplished your goals and its time for a t-giving vaca whiskey. Pissed I have to work all day tomorrow. Every year I say Im going to clear that day next year and never think about it when scheduling shit. And shit piles up because all the thurs/fri judges try to squeeze a big wed docket to make up for it. Bitching aside, my sobriety did help me get a better score...

did you read that listing, i got more to list 😆

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

As a lawyer, aren't you setting a bad example if you play racing games hammered? 😂

14 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

As a lawyer, aren't you setting a bad example if you play racing games hammered? 😂

I said my score was low because I was sober. And it really does help for chase hq. Its fast as shit and little margin for error. I added a million to what I was getting saturday night on a buncha bud lights

Just now, NESfiend said:

I said my score was low because I was sober. And it really does help for chase hq. Its fast as shit and little margin for error. I added a million to what I was getting saturday night on a buncha bud lights

I haven't played it lately. I couldn't finish course 7 for some reason when I tried it out. It seems like it's way tougher than the others. 

26 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

a lot

wanna get another listing.....what systems do you collect for?  snes/nes/wii/wiiu/gba/ds/n64?

Nes/snes/64 in that order 

Edit: and nes cib has been where my bigger purchases have gone lately. Other 2 mostly cart only 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@Bearcat-Doug little bit of practice for ya, you can see this........

@NESfiend is this fun now?

This game is rough on a keyboard btw, but i think im getting the hang of it, or do i already have the hang of it?  🤷‍♂️

JKlfGMv.jpg

You appear to be getting the hang of it at least. The "Bearcat Slayer" part might be a bit of a stretch though.

53 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

I am coming up with the list of games for the next round.
I will post them Friday.

The winners of brackets 1 to 4 will get the privilege to pick the game to play in the top 8.

If I win, my reward is to play @Dr. Morbis at a game of his choosing? That should be interesting.

Score: 64,550

KeroKeroKeroppinoDaiboukenscore.jpg.df9bf0faca863464294705ce8aa39874.jpg

Yeah, I didn't bother with the bonus stages. If I mess up even once in the bonus stages, the game doesn't go back to the stage select screen. Not sure if it's an emulation issue or not.

Anyway, I had fun. It is a cute game and the music is pretty good; I think I'll download and save the NSF to my SD Card, and listen to it on my GameCube via FCE Ultra GX. I'd like to add this game to my collection of imports and play it on my NES sometime. Seems to be fairly cheap on eBay, even with the box and manual.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MegaMan52 said:

Score: 64,550

Yeah, I didn't bother with the bonus stages. If I mess up even once in the bonus stages, the game doesn't go back to the stage select screen. Not sure if it's an emulation issue or not.

Anyway, I had fun. It is a cute game and the music is pretty good; I think I'll download and save the NSF to my SD Card, and listen to it on my GameCube via FCE Ultra GX. I'd like to add this game to my collection of imports and play it on my NES sometime. Seems to be fairly cheap on eBay, even with the box and manual.

Yeah that has to be an emulation issue. It should kick you back to the stage selection screen. It's a shame because it's where you get the most points. When I was testing the game before it arrived, I know FCEUX wouldn't work at all. Bizhawk did and I would imagine Mesen would work as well. 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Yeah that has to be an emulation issue. It should kick you back to the stage selection screen. It's a shame because it's where you get the most points. When I was testing the game before it arrived, I know FCEUX wouldn't work at all. Bizhawk did and I would imagine Mesen would work as well. 

might be the rom as i believe it kicked me back to the stage selection and i use fceux

my rom is also in japanese so that might be why????