IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

14 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I been busy!

Doing stuff!

and things!

And doing more stuff and things!

Also, i always do that, so now to figure out what brasilia time is so i can get super super close to that time.

No problem with stuff and things. Issue lies with that policy at the end. Contests more fun if scores are being put up throughout rather than all action coming in last 5 min. I get its less strategic, but its an NES competition. Fun > strategery

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

No problem with stuff and things. Issue lies with that policy at the end. Contests more fun if scores are being put up throughout rather than all action coming in last 5 min. I get its less strategic, but its an NES competition. Fun > strategery

you take all the fun out of my strategy!  😒

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Its cool, Jeeves. You do your thing. And itl be good this week. Doug vs jeeves most anticipated 1st round matchup. Itll be an awesome reveal if I can get the end time right this week. Also, Brazil doesnt do DST? How?

🤷‍♂️

neither does arizona and indiana used not to do it, i wish we still didn't

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

What? So for 6 months of the year the time is different there than all the surrounding states? And your tv programming is an hour off for your time zone? Sounds ridiculous 

sounds amazing actually.  I would rather not do it because I grew up not doing it

We are right on the border surrounded by both time zones here in indiana so it was a change either way on tv programming.

11 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

What? So for 6 months of the year the time is different there than all the surrounding states? And your tv programming is an hour off for your time zone? Sounds ridiculous 

More and more countries around the world are stopping DST on account of, you know, the fact that it's completely and utterly pointless and just makes hundreds of millions of people change their clocks and sleeping habits for no good reason...

We just had a public vote on it a month ago and DST won by 50.1% to 49.9%, so it's only a matter of time before I don't have to do that twice-a-year bullshit ritual where I live... 🙂

15 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

More and more countries around the world are stopping DST on account of, you know, the fact that it's completely and utterly pointless and just makes hundreds of millions of people change their clocks and sleeping habits for no good reason...

We just had a public vote on it a month ago and DST won by 50.1% to 49.9%, so it's only a matter of time before I don't have to do that twice-a-year bullshit ritual where I live... 🙂

Yeah, its already getting dark here at like 4:30. I dont need it to be 3:30 and dark 

Wait a minute. I have it backward. It would get dark at 5:30. I totally reverse my position. Screw DST!

Edited by NESfiend
  • Angry 1

On 11/23/2021 at 7:24 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

it's completely and utterly pointless

It's point is to provide earlier daylight so that as the year grows colder and darker, THIS GUY will be more likely to get up and dutifully report to...   work, instead of pulling an "Office Space" and deciding: Fuck My Stupid Boss.  From Now On I'm My Own Boss.  (starts new employment by rolling over for a few more winks) 😉 

Edited by PII

42 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Played 12 hours that day. Still cracking me up 

Since I knew ahead of time that I might not get a chance to play during the week, I didn't have much of a choice. At least I should have a solid path worked out for the overhead section so my attempts take less time.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, NESfiend said:

@JeevanI ultimately agreed with you on DST and still get an angry emoji? You drinking early with all that time off work?

you said you changed your mind, i thought it was because you wanted it again.  Also, haven't drank yet since I have been off.  Still got stuff to do as you could see in my previous post 😉  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

you said you changed your mind, i thought it was because you wanted it again.  Also, haven't drank yet since I have been off.  Still got stuff to do as you could see in my previous post 😉  

I need to find a way to play your turkey game and try to win a gift card. I use them to buy my dog boxes of fortune cookies which are his favorite treat for some reason. He goes nuts for the things!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I need to find a way to play your turkey game and try to win a gift card. I use them to buy my dog boxes of fortune cookies which are his favorite!

just do what @MegaMan52 did if you can't figure it out by downloading the player for new grounds.  I would assume it would work that way too.