IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Getting back into Astral Chain.  It's the same every time with Platinum games.  I play them at launch, and they don't really click, then I come back to them later and start a new file and things are much easier and I'm able to have fun.

Combat's really fun, but I could do without the police work investigation missions.

This has me thinking that it would be a good idea to revisit The Wonderful 101.

I'm also trying to beat Solar Jetman for the first time.  Going through it very slowly, I play it like once a week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wyansas said:

Getting back into Astral Chain.  It's the same every time with Platinum games.  I play them at launch, and they don't really click, then I come back to them later and start a new file and things are much easier and I'm able to have fun.

Combat's really fun, but I could do without the police work investigation missions.

This has me thinking that it would be a good idea to revisit The Wonderful 101.

I'm also trying to beat Solar Jetman for the first time.  Going through it very slowly, I play it like once a week.

woah, funny enough I STARTED Astral Chain for the first time last night. It was one of those games that looked fairly cool to me (I like cyberpunk settings), but was always on my "maybe someday" list, and randomly grabbed it used last week. I only had time to do the opening mission so far, so I don't really have an opinion on it yet, but it LOOKS cool.

Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS. It's great!

Visible mobs and Quick Save alone make the game so much more dynamic to play since it eliminates the need to back track to churches to save (and thus getting into 100 random battles on the way there). Now it feels fun to go explore off the patch and look for treasure chests and what not because you can actively avoid the mobs.

They added a sidequest where you take various pictures for rewards and that work super well because you do this as you're playing the game normally. 

They added new playable party members too so I can't wait to try them out once I get to them.

3 games rolling at the moment:

Earthbound- never played it before, and it is as good as everyone has made it out to be. I haven't laughed at a game's dialogue this much since Golf Story on Switch!

Mortal Kombat Armageddon: This is where it's at as far as MK goes so far. The switching back between two fighting stances is a big improvement over the three fighting stances of Deadly Alliance and Deception. It simplifies it just enough to really perfect it. While the end scenes are just a couple paragraphs over the chosen character shadow boxing, it's cool how they managed to ram so many characters in here. The story mode is okay. Just a button masher in the style of dynasty warriors with a couple classic MK fights mixed in as boss battles, but the story itself is intriguing. I'd love a remake of this for some online brawling in this style.

Final Fantasy Crisis Core: only a couple hours into it so far, but really digging it  so far.

Would anyone other than maybe fcgamer believe I'd actually be messing around with a Timetop Gameking, and I got 2 new 4in1 carts in the mail today to toy with.  Just a good and rotten little handheld at the same time, audio beyond amazing expectation, solid controls and stuff, yet the LCD matrix of a Pokemon Mini but wider basically.  Very weird, yet strangely nice.

• Love 1

Just started Doom Eternal last night with the next-gen update. If you've never seen accurate real-time reflections in a pool of blood, now is your chance.

I only played the opening level, but so far it picks up exactly where Doom 2016 leaves off. Earth is overrun by demons and you need to murder them all in a shower of blood and guts. I legitimately believe the recent Doom reboot is one of the greatest FPS of all-time, so I can't wait to dig into this one even more.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

I've been playing Doom 64 on my PS4. It is a really cool game, and I wish I had given it more of a chance back when it was new on the Nintendo 64. I really like all the little enhancements and additions they made to the original Doom engine, and I'm really digging the level design as well. Appreciate the modern controls and HD graphics too.

✅ Would recommend to a friend

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing Ghosts n' Goblins on the Nes. I am a huge fan of the series and embarressed to say until last week I was stuck at level 2.5. I really put some time in and realized that the enemies are less random then I thought, but react to your movement. Was stuck on 3.5 for a bit, but finally beat the boss with the axe. Blew through level 4 on the second or third try. And am now on level 5!

20210721_093541.jpg

Edited by Californication
  • Like 3

Recently tried to play f-zero gx, and I'm surprised that my controller is still intact and not smashed to pieces on the wall. The story mode ridiculously impossible to finish.

But honestly, great game. It really exceeded my expectations, and I expected quite a lot.  Only thing I wish is that it had the soundtrack from f-zero x on the n64.

I've been on a Pokemon kick last few months

Trying to collect all the Pokemon games between Gen 4 and current Gen I missed without spending all my savings on it lol (which if any of you have been following Pokemon DS prices recently... you will know that's a challenge)

I have all the 3DS games now, and got Platinum and Soul Silver (previously had Diamond, Pearl and Heart Gold for Gen 4, only White for Gen 5).

Beaten Ultra Moon, X, and working on Platinum currently. Even had gotten Let's Go Pikachu and beaten that lol

BTW anyone got Black 2 and/or White 2 and be willing to sell them, let me know lol

Well at first I didn't like it but it grew on me: SaGa Frontier Remastered.

The game includes a quest log which is the most useful thing this game could have. Definitely makes it easier to get the plot moving instead of just wandering around forever. It isn't a walkthrough either. You'll know where to go, but you'll still have to figure out how to progress through that section.

15 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I uninstalled pubg, again, a few days ago so I'm hoping to start playing some of my recent NES pickups this week. Dragon Fighter, Kid Klown, Power Blade 2, and some of the other of the 10 games I was missing from the loose set. 

You should start with all the Meh games and then play Dragon Fighter. 🙂

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 4:32 PM, cj_robot said:

I've been playing Doom 64 on my PS4. It is a really cool game, and I wish I had given it more of a chance back when it was new on the Nintendo 64. I really like all the little enhancements and additions they made to the original Doom engine, and I'm really digging the level design as well. Appreciate the modern controls and HD graphics too.

✅ Would recommend to a friend

I just sold my copy. I think they put a lot of work in it, but there is something awkward about it compared to the N64 version. The speed of the fireball from the basic demon is really annoying too.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Just started Doom Eternal last night with the next-gen update. If you've never seen accurate real-time reflections in a pool of blood, now is your chance.

I only played the opening level, but so far it picks up exactly where Doom 2016 leaves off. Earth is overrun by demons and you need to murder them all in a shower of blood and guts. I legitimately believe the recent Doom reboot is one of the greatest FPS of all-time, so I can't wait to dig into this one even more.

It was amazing.

Playing things I can pick up in small bursts since I've been low on time as of late. Playing through Art of Balance on the Switch (fantastic eshop title, would highly recommend), Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on Steam, and Sonic Drift 2 (3DS virtual console- people don't like this but after learning how to play it I don't find it that bad). 

I finally decided to try out and see if I like Witcher 3, juries out at this rate.  The camera and control are a little strange, but I'm slowly warming to it, seems the consequence of death is a small amount of coin (it's not half is it??)  I need to figure out a few annoyances with item repair without finding in some military area a smithy, among of a few more things like the alchemy that looks confusing.

Oh and Cali it's not so much the length, it's the size that'll get ya.

Edited by Tanooki

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I finally decided to try out and see if I like Witcher 3, juries out at this rate.  The camera and control are a little strange, but I'm slowly warming to it, seems the consequence of death is a small amount of coin (it's not half is it??)  I need to figure out a few annoyances with item repair without finding in some military area a smithy, among of a few more things like the alchemy that looks confusing.

Oh and Cali it's not so much the length, it's the size that'll get ya.

I played all three games (yup, the original on PC too)! My opinion, the weakest of all three. A bit too grandiose for me with incredibly repetitive enemies and many boring/repetitive quests. With some exceptions. A few of the quests were amazing, and the first DLC - Hearts of Stone, is fabulous - easily the best part of the entire Witcher 3 game. Witcher 2 is my favorite of the three, followed by the original Witcher, and then the overrated Witcher 3. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good game, particularly when you consider all the DLCs that came with it, and it is worth playing. Nevertheless overrated with some other hiccups, but I think you'll end up really enjoying the game if you enjoy RPGs. 

• Like 1