IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

58 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

He's welcome to be here just like anybody else that can behave themselves.  

I know, I know, I'm not bashing or trolling and we're being civil. I just seriously would appreciate some open dialog even if it's a few years late.

As much as I dislike the way he handled things towards the end, I can set aside my strong personal feelings and negative opinions if there was just some better explanation other than he got tired of it all. Between the community we could have paid Dain ourselves for the website to keep it running, and I'm sure his collection would have been an easy sell on the very platform he started.

I idolized @Dain_ for the longest time, and I felt like something was ripped away from me when NintendoAge went dark. Like all of our collective knowledge, and discussion was just an asset to be sold, and not a living network of people.

I can only imagine that the people there before me were even more heartbroken and I think we as a community, deserve at least some closure, no?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, ThePhleo said:

I know, I know, I'm not bashing or trolling and we're being civil. I just seriously would appreciate some open dialog even if it's a few years late.

As much as I dislike the way he handled things towards the end, I can set aside my strong personal feelings and negative opinions if there was just some better explanation other than he got tired of it all. Between the community we could have paid Dain ourselves for the website to keep it running, and I'm sure his collection would have been an easy sell on the very platform he started.

I idolized @Dain_ for the longest time, and I felt like something was ripped away from me when NintendoAge went dark. Like all of our collective knowledge, and discussion was just an asset to be sold, and not a living network of people.

I can only imagine that the people there before me were even more heartbroken and I think we as a community, deserve at least some closure, no?

Meh, best to just get over it like the rest of us did and move on.  

• Agree 9

In the end Dain didn't exactly owe anyone in the end, it was his property to do with as he wished.  Signing on there had a TOS and I'm betting clearly laid down who owned or controlled what and so on.  Getting salty or worse over it that's kind of one of those YOU issues, not his issue.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

In the end Dain didn't exactly owe anyone in the end, it was his property to do with as he wished.  Signing on there had a TOS and I'm betting clearly laid down who owned or controlled what and so on.  Getting salty or worse over it that's kind of one of those YOU issues, not his issue.

Wait. What?

I didn't stutter.  I meant it.  I know it may not be a popular comment and accept that, but getting furious at him and lashing out feels like me watching or listening to another rSlash episode covering r/EntitledPeople really.  Yes it was a long standing and popular site, and a community developed around it, but in the end it was Dains property to do with as he wish...burn it down, keep it going, whatever.  The fact that the community didn't croak and kept going HERE, that says more than enough.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

46 minutes ago, broncofantd793 said:

I can't follow this thread anymore.  It needs a tldr every 10 pages.

Might also need a table of contents on the first page, we have moved from general HA auctions, to 1mil Mario 64, Karl Jobst and now Dain return/memory lane.

Edit: Looks like Tanooki has fired back and we're wait patiently for ThePhleo's response. I'll get my popcorn ready. We need a commentator in here.

George-Costanza.gif.295188d95988c991ac8cb39c83f324a6.gif

Edited by Shmup
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I didn't stutter.  I meant it.  I know it may not be a popular comment and accept that, but getting furious at him and lashing out feels like me watching or listening to another rSlash episode covering r/EntitledPeople really.  Yes it was a long standing and popular site, and a community developed around it, but in the end it was Dains property to do with as he wish...burn it down, keep it going, whatever.  The fact that the community didn't croak and kept going HERE, that says more than enough.

Who are you talking to? Weren’t you banned from NA anyways? Aren’t you the reason some people won’t come HERE ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

Who are you talking to? Weren’t you banned from NA anyways? Aren’t you the reason some people won’t come HERE ?

I don't know of anyone who's not here because he is. 

As I've said - clean slate. @Tanooki has been a totally fine member of VGS as far as I've seen. What's past is past and he's entitled to his opinion whether you or I or anyone disagrees or not.

That's the beauty IMO - he should be able to express his opinion even on this without fear of being banned for that opinion. He's certainly not hurting anyone by having an unpopular opinion, and I personally feel that it livens the place up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Agree 6

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Ozzy_98 said:

To quote the video, 

"this entire deal happened between two men that were or are directly involved with the company" I'm not sure what context that changes. Also not sure when the collection was sold, just stating what I saw. 

He clearly says "were or are". 

I know that with how quick this thread is moving this is ancient history by this point, but I do agree, I never said I disagreed with that point. I just figured people who were very invested in this topic would've appreciated knowing about those posts, and now of course he's back here properly anyway.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I know that with how quick this thread is moving this is ancient history by this point, but I do agree, I never said I disagreed with that point. I just figured people who were very invested in this topic would've appreciated knowing about those posts, and now of course he's back here properly anyway.

Bro you're quoting something from 3 hours ago. May as well try chatting with the Mayans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

@Dain_

Dude, besides this weeks drama it really is aggravating to see you show up NOW of all times after abandoning the community and not even giving the people who built it for you a chance.

I want to be civil so I'll keep it simple.

Just... why did you do things this way?

22 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Meh, best to just get over it like the rest of us did and move on.  

To be honest, I agree with both of these posts. I think many people would indeed appreciate hearing Dain's side of that whole thing, myself included, but it's entirely his choice and he's under no obligation to do so. The guy doesn't owe us a damn thing, and pretending otherwise is very silly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1