IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

29 minutes ago, Dain_ said:

Here's some context:

I left WATA in September, 2017 (legal papers were signed on October 18, 2017):

image.png.1b710a808bae72b9365c5904248a0e91.png

I sold NintendoAge in September, 2018

I sold my collection in March, 2019

Thank you for showing up and sharing the screenshot of your email so that we can now 100% verify that the sentence in Karl’s video “this transaction took place between two men who were or are a part of WATA.” is not a false statement. 

Care to share why you decided not to join WATA? It’s your business of course but I’m curious. 

Also curious if you’d share your overall thoughts on the video, specifically what you think about WATA, Heritage, their relationship, and their tactics.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, SealedWholesale said:

i dont understand why selling ur site and collection makes you a part of wata they seem like 3 different things

He was on the SEC filings for a time, so was tied to the company in like 2017, before the collection was sold. So it's basically like he wasn't at epstine's party when stuff happened, but he was there years before once for something unrelated. 

7 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I'm curious too... just did a quick search on ebay and found this... BUT, don't know how reliable this is 🤔

Screenshot-from-2021-08-26-20-40-37.png

you have to be careful of thinking those "last one" listings mean all the others sold for the same price, because they don't. the seller can adjust the price at any time. it seems to be a vaguely common tactic to sell a few for a reasonable price then jack the price way up and hope people think that because you sold some, the price must be an OK one.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

40 minutes ago, Ozzy_98 said:

Again, not taking sides, but he's more of a drama queen who's in another country so hard to sue.  When I left here I got into speedrunning (poorly) for a while, so I saw his stuff often. 

That said, I know Billy Mitchell's lawyer contacted him, but I don't think they were able to press anything on him. So he knows he has some protection. 

Billy Mitchell did sue him and lost.  Notch (The creator of Minecraft) has volunteered to pay his legal fees. If anyone from WATA or HA tries to go after him, he'll be fine. 

• Like 1

Just now, AdamW said:

He's a vaguely well-known journalist who got interested in the high-end game scene lately. He compiled some sales data on Atari and NES games and is selling it as part of a subscription thing, he then made the NES data free, it's around somewhere. He thinks it's gonna blow up the market with shock news like "there are lots of copies of SMB3", the market so far does not agree. Now, I'm sure it's a coincidence that he and this "Karl Jobst" guy showed up at the same time, but WEIRD COINCIDENCE, huh?! (no, seriously, it totally is a coincidence, heh).

He’s actually a disgraced conspiracy theorist. He’s known for writing long threads on Trump and alleging all these things that don’t end up being proven. Publications have stopped featuring his work because they don’t trust him anymore. He charges $5/month for his Substack and says he got interested in the sealed games market during Congressional recess but his data is thin.

Ok I said I’m out so I’m really out now.

• Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, Dain_ said:

Here's some context:

I left WATA in September, 2017 (legal papers were signed on October 18, 2017):

image.png.1b710a808bae72b9365c5904248a0e91.png

I sold NintendoAge in September, 2018

I sold my collection in March, 2019

I know I made that less than kind post on IG and you responded. No harm intended. Just upset about how the whole NA thing went down. I guess I just needed some sort of closure on the whole thing. I hope life is treating you well.

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy_98 said:

I never did see where it made it to court. What court did they file it in? 

He hasn't been sued yet. Bitchel hired a legal goon to try and threaten money out of him to the tune of $300K and that's when Karl got his own attorney, with help from Notch, to keep himself protected.

I literally only know this because it was in a video he posted today of one of Bitchel's cases being thrown out.

1 minute ago, BriGuy82 said:

Hey @Dain_, did you have your games graded while you were still part of wata? I understand that you are saying you sold them after you left. 

He never had the games graded. He sold them to Jeff, who had them graded. Both the sale and the grading happened more than a year after Dain left WATA, per the above.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozzy_98 said:

Everyone has to jump on the bandwagon, no one looks to see who's driving or where it's going. I'm not sure how sealed up the SEALED slabs are (All slabs I own are just cases, removable, and customs from VGC cause PC games don't come in standard sizes!) but this could have happened AFTER it was graded. I doubt they're water proof for very long even, if someone's basement flooded really bad. They may be fine submerged for a while, someone should test it. 

The box on the left is an old slab before Wata started making the circle red to indicate mold. That’s it. The listing says there is mold, it’s just not a red circle. 

I really am out now I swear.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dain_ said:

I have legal documents showing I left WATA, so you can spin this any way you want. I was legally done with WATA on October 18, 2017.

Thank you for responding to this thread. I know you didn’t have to. I’m sorry if it came across as me trying to spin things. That was not my intention. I apologize if it appeared that way to you. I was only trying to point out that the other SEC filings were not amendments so your statement saying that they were was technically not correct and that it isn’t evidence of you leaving WATA. I am not implying anything beyond that. I want to be clear that I am not calling you a liar, just letting everyone know what the forms actually represent. I do not know you, and I have no axe to grind with anyone. I wish you nothing but the best.

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, SealedWholesale said:

i dont understand if dain sold to jeff and dain doesnt grade anything then why are dain and wata related?

because of SEC filings, nothing more that i can see, but i dont know as i didn't come around here until the demise of the original website, or at least nearly 😉 

1 minute ago, SealedWholesale said:

i dont understand if dain sold to jeff and dain doesnt grade anything then why are dain and wata related?

He was on the SEC filings as a board member or some crud before the collection was sold, and then he left before then. 

I swear this thread is a cross between discord and a multiplayer notepad

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

This is where I’m out of the discussion and honestly offended that some people would even like or agree with this post. I have always been an honest and hard working person whether it was buying, selling or trading and my feedback received here and elsewhere reflects that. This kind of backlash just for being so dastardly to suggest that maybe Karl’s grand unifying theory of the Wata / HA conspiracy isn’t really a conspiracy is something I don’t need. I was hoping at least VGS would be a place where I could have a discussion without these kinds of personal attacks but I guess not. For the record, I got the same and worse for the same topic over on Reddit: 

C89786CC-6DE5-42B4-95EE-68F792A28D91.thumb.jpeg.dad577b7fd4fec7bc4600a080963ea93.jpeg

CC6124A6-3771-4467-9530-A3C67F802EA1.thumb.jpeg.fec070654b4ddc0cd1e30290533df498.jpeg

29E35C19-E1A3-4D14-B9C5-E79686E49F1C.thumb.jpeg.473cdf2b5edf613d5033e27119ee1877.jpeg

C90D9C79-D404-4163-A7D3-FB5E73BC32A4.thumb.jpeg.3b6833bafce218e56ef33a3026e7ebc3.jpeg

No thanks, I’m not entertaining this. I’m curious for @WalterWhiteJr. to school me on auction house regulations and whatever else but he might have to DM me. 

Also whoever it was that said anyone who doesn’t think Wata is being unethical or whatever must have been holding or selling graded games, I have never bought, sold or possessed a graded game, never even engaged the services of any grading company, I used to not like Wata or HA but I think they both provide a useful service and a decent business. 

Anyway I’m out.

lol you people kill me...."conspiracy theory". There's a literal paper trail. These aren't even "allegations" at this point.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, AdamW said:

no, but all this stuff is on the public record, between the video and this thread, if you're actually paying attention.

actually its not, because he could technically have had a few graded prior to selling, but maybe they were retopped with carolina collection after jeff bought them.  Regardless, I don't actually know anything about it, but he could have had some graded for funsies to see or show off how it looked........But if he sold it, then not his problem, i thought it said that the employees could grade but not sell.....link has it at a spot in the video that states that.......idk, either way, whatever lol

• Like 1