IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

8 minutes ago, Californication said:

That's Gulag Joe. He's been scanning ebay for Sealed Mario 64 for 20 years. His "collection" is off limits unless you haven't been keeping track of video game prices.

He's just another sports card tourist  duped by WATA/HA hype, by the seeming of it. Hopefully he'll make his money before the market corrects and he isn't left holding the bag on a bunch of worthless sealed PS3 and Xbox 360 games... 

11 minutes ago, OptOut said:

We have provided you with ACTUAL facts! There's CONFIRMED over a hundred graded Mario 64's between VGA and WATA, and there are members here who own sealed copies! There are PLENTY of raw sealed copies all over IG and FB and Reddit, and regular collectors who own it to!

In the face of this you stick to your own blind narrative of how unimaginably, IMPOSSIBLY rare this game MUST be, without providing ANY evidence of your own? How can you possibly stick to that position in the face of the evidence presented?

What is your reasoning? And WHY do you want it to be true so badly?

I already provided evidence. You can track everything through price charting and HA right now. There have been exactly zero facts provided other than "wishful thinking" numbers. I'm not the one here who's upset that Mario 64 is the first ever million dollar game. Don't get mad at me because it's rare to find such a copy in pristine condition. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Californication said:

That's Gulag Joe. He's been scanning ebay for Sealed Mario 64 for 20 years. His "collection" is off limits unless you haven't been keeping track of video game prices.

Its almost like he could back up his “knowledge” by showing that yes he has been collecting sealed games for a while or something. 

What does it really matter though? I am a cart only peasant with only two graded sealed NES games to my name. 

Just now, Gulag Joe said:

I already provided evidence. You can track everything through price charting and HA right now. There have been exactly zero facts provided other than "wishful thinking" numbers. I'm not the one here who's upset that Mario 64 is the first ever million dollar game. Don't get mad at me because it's rare to find such a copy in pristine condition. 

What the fuck? @jonebone's VGA numbers are from their inquiry function on their site, and the WATA numbers were scraped directly off their server! That is over 120 CONFIRMED sealed Mario 64's!

HA have only auctioned a TINY fraction of the WATA graded Mario 64's, that number is MEANINGLESS, and Pricecharting... Honestly... PRICECHARTING?! They have a TERRIBLE track record of accurately cataloguing sales, ESPECIALLY when it comes to condition. It'ss next to worthless.

So, AGAIN, let me ask you, WHY are you denying the FACTS and presenting your own fallacious argument? What exactly are you trying to prove? You are making yourself look like a fool.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

What the fuck? @jonebone's VGA numbers are from their inquiry function on their site, and the WATA numbers were scraped directly off their server! That is over 120 CONFIRMED sealed Mario 64's!

HA have only auctioned a TINY fraction of the WATA graded Mario 64's, that number is MEANINGLESS, and Pricecharting... Honestly... PRICECHARTING?! They have a TERRIBLE track record of accurately cataloguing sales, ESPECIALLY when it comes to condition. It'ss next to worthless.

So, AGAIN, let me ask you, WHY are you denying the FACTS and presenting your own fallacious argument? What exactly are you trying to prove? You are making yourself look like a fool.

How many of those are 9.8a++ or vga 90+?

And you think less than 200 sealed copies is a lot?! Lolololololol maybe back in 2010 when like 500 people collected video games. Hundreds of new collectors/investors are entering this emerging market every single day and alot of them have deep pockets. Prices will continue to rise. But hey, I don't mind being your punching bag. Keep hitting me!

2 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

How many of those are 9.8a++ or vga 90+?

According to @jonebone's figures there were 14 VGA graded 90+ or higher FIVE YEARS ago, and there is bound to have been more since then. We also know from the recent auction that there is at LEAST one other 9.8 from WATA based on what HA said in their promo.

Of course, we could easily turn around this question back on to you, and ask YOU how many there might be or may soon be as more and more people submit to WATA. You haven't that answer, but it will clearly be a GROWING number as more raw copies get graded.

5 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Hundreds of new collectors/investors are entering this emerging market every single day and alot of them have deep pockets. Prices will continue to rise. 

I don't doubt that, but that doesn't mean each individual item will continue to rise in value, and it also does doesn't mean that prices never go down, nor that they will increase indefinitely.

If you believe that this price is TRULY good value for money, or a sensible investment, it can ONLY be because you believe in the "bigger fool" principle of investment. Bigger fools may exist, but the higher the numbers get, the fewer remain next in line.

9 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

But hey, I don't mind being your punching bag. Keep hitting me!

With pleasure pal! I consider enlightening the ignorant something of a personal calling! 😘

• Love 1

Just now, CodysGameRoom said:

You didn't say "tag me when you find all these sealed red label Mario 64 games that are 9.8a++ or vga90+"

You said "tag me when you find all these sealed red label Mario 64 games".

So I did.

@Gulag Joe be moving the goalposts like a damn PRO up in here! 😉

Remember when he said this Mario 64 was a 1 of 1! I damn near shit myself, lol! 🤣

1 minute ago, Gulag Joe said:

Yea and it turned out to be a 1/2? Dang I was wayyyy off! Lololololol

Man, you know what dude, actually you must be right! If there truly ARE enough people such as yourself so blinded by greed and marketing hype to believe the AUCTION HOUSE SHILLING FUCKING PRODUCT over the facts laid out and presented bare before you, then yeah have at it!!!

You asked how many VGA 90+ there are, there were 14 five years ago probably more now. You asked how many graded sealed Mario 64's there are, and to begin with a dozen sounded impossible to you. Then 30 no way there was more than that, then no more than 60. Now we tell you for a FACT there are at least 120 and you say 200 would be too few?

You are just desperate to rationalize and justify this valuation, but you have nothing tangible to go on. The word of knowledgeable collectors, you know ACTUAL fucking game enthusiasts and collectors, means nothing to you. The official numbers from your beloved grading companies aren't cherry enough, so you deny them. You really have got nothing, apart from the hype. That's all you have.

As I said before, you and your ilk are WELCOME to it. Have a ball, make your money, please do. It's hilarious, and only getting more so. And I'll tell you, if this is act 1, I cannot WAIT to see how fucking hilarious this gets before the final curtain.

Just now, OptOut said:

Man, you know what dude, actually you must be right! If there truly ARE enough people such as yourself so blinded by greed and marketing hype to believe the AUCTION HOUSE SHILLING FUCKING PRODUCT over the facts laid out and presented bare before you, then yeah have at it!!!

You asked how many VGA 90+ there are, there were 14 five years ago probably more now. You asked how many graded sealed Mario 64's there are, and to begin with a dozen sounded impossible to you. Then 30 no way there was more than that, then no more than 60. Now we tell you for a FACT there are at least 120 and you say 200 would be too few?

You are just desperate to rationalize and justify this valuation, but you have nothing tangible to go on. The word of knowledgeable collectors, you know ACTUAL fucking game enthusiasts and collectors, means nothing to you. The official numbers from your beloved grading companies aren't cherry enough, so you deny them. You really have got nothing, apart from the hype. That's all you have.

As I said before, you and your ilk are WELCOME to it. Have a ball, make your money, please do. It's hilarious, and only getting more so. And I'll tell you, if this is act 1, I cannot WAIT to see how fucking hilarious this gets before the final curtain.

Look, the people want answers as to why somebody is paying 1.5 million dollars for a pristine video game. I'm here to provide those answers with thorough research and plenty of evidence. And it all points to N64 being the superior console of consoles.

• Haha 3

Administrator · Posted

I'm just waiting for someone to pop up all like "Yo I have a sealed shipping box of these". You see boxes of sealed games pop up for older systems, and Mario 64 ain't uncommon at all. It's not unfathomable to think there's a box or two lying around somewhere.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm just waiting for someone to pop up all like "Yo I have a sealed shipping box of these". You see boxes of sealed games pop up for older systems, and Mario 64 ain't uncommon at all. It's not unfathomable to think there's a box or two lying around somewhere.

Can I get an Atwood?

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

There are ten copies from vga in 90+ from their own DB. Two from wata that are 9.8 A++.

That's twelve copies. And that's only the ones at the top tier. It's not speculation to say there are many more sealed copies out there, of which five just entered the market today.

2 minutes ago, inasuma said:

There are ten copies from vga in 90+ from their own DB. Two from wata that are 9.8 A++.

That's twelve copies. And that's only the ones at the top tier. It's not speculation to say there are many more sealed copies out there, of which five just entered the market today.

12 is still very, very few. As for the VGA pop report, where does one find that info? I've emailed them a few years back looking for info with no success at getting actual numbers for certain games, let alone full grade outs.

16 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

12 is still very, very few.

I thought your reasoning for the high price was that there was only 1 were only 2 though. That's 600% increase. 

Anyway as you seem to be in the know (even though not too many people seem convinced here yet), I'm still looking for an explanation why Mario 64 specifically - what makes that the most valuable game in history by a long stretch? Again I know any other collectibles market poorly but it seems equal to someone paying $10M for Superman #164 from 1963 in pristine condition and arguing they just really really wanted the one of few really mint copies. 

Edited by Aatos