IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

This kind of garbage is part of why everyone's Wata orders take for-goddamn-ever by the way:

image.png

Who the fuck decided to slab a 5 cart-only Earthbound?

To be fair, the time to grade a cart is minimal.  It's the 5.0 CIBs that really slog down the system, hence why Wata raised the price of CIB grading ("temporarily") to $170 per game.  Cuts out a lot of riff raff pretty quickly.

6.0 Stadium Events cart went for $9.6k on Comicconnect. 3 SEs for auction at once, lowest grade, smallest market, summer, investors aren’t interested in incomplete/randomly rare games, etc. Still interesting to see it at basically 2017 prices after the absolute madness of the past few years. The two on HA should be interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

6.0 Stadium Events cart went for $9.6k on Comicconnect. 3 SEs for auction at once, lowest grade, smallest market, summer, investors aren’t interested in incomplete/randomly rare games, etc. Still interesting to see it at basically 2017 prices after the absolute madness of the past few years. The two on HA should be interesting. 

This is encouraging for my future CIB hunt, although I suspect the HA ones will go for significantly more.

• Like 1

Comic connect auction for 9.6 Zelda 2 rev A round went for $15.7k. Last two exact same grade and variant sold on HA for $38.4k in April and $30k in November. Market signal or just unique to comic connection? Really would have thought this would have gone for more.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/919265

Edited by Xjwebb1982

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I was an underbid at $9424 and would’ve gone higher, but was golfing and forgot. I think it’s more about using Comicconnect for the lower prices than anything. 

Yeah, it's interesting but I think comicconnect having no buzz and a terrible site has gotta play into it. It'll be super interesting to see where HA and certifiedlink auctions end.

I'm guessing a small number of things will go super high but quite a lot will underperform, but who knows.

5 hours ago, AdamW said:

Yeah, it's interesting but I think comicconnect having no buzz and a terrible site has gotta play into it. It'll be super interesting to see where HA and certifiedlink auctions end.

I'm guessing a small number of things will go super high but quite a lot will underperform, but who knows.

Erm... Weren't you supposed to be cataloguing copies of Super Mario Bros for us?! 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha! Sorry!

There turned out to "only" be 8. certifiedlink doesn't have any. comicconnect had 4, two of which are still up for offer:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/864980 (6.0 CIB second print, highest offer $3500)
https://www.comicconnect.com/item/919092 (9.2/A sealed 9th print, priced at $150k, no offers yet)

The other two sold:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/912001 (6.0/B 10th or 11th print, $7600)
https://www.comicconnect.com/item/919370 (9.4/B I think 5th print, $225,000)

That last one is a pretty big fish! Surprised there hasn't been more mention of it.

HA has four too:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/a/7261-28053.s (6.0 CIB first print (test market), current bid $8250)
https://comics.ha.com/itm/a/7261-28054.s (5.5 CIB first print (test market), current bid $1900)
https://comics.ha.com/itm/a/7261-28055.s (9.0/A 7th print, current bid $75,000)
https://comics.ha.com/itm/a/7261-28056.s (9.6/A+ 10th or 11th print, current bid $50,000)

• Thanks 1

The 6.0 Mario has the "wrong" manual ("Year"). The 5.5 is uglier but has the correct/earlier manual (No Year). Both are pretty rekt, neither even still have the sticker which is like... the thing you're buying right! I'll be surprised if the later one sells for $1000s more based on eye appeal in the same low grade, since the only reason to buy one of these at all is to say you have the earliest, and the 6.0 isn't the earliest. Then again I won't be surprised because nothing matters anymore.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The 6.0 Mario has the "wrong" manual ("Year"). The 5.5 is uglier but has the correct/earlier manual (No Year). Both are pretty rekt, neither even still have the sticker which is like... the thing you're buying right! I'll be surprised if the later one sells for $1000s more based on eye appeal in the same low grade, since the only reason to buy one of these at all is to say you have the earliest, and the 6.0 isn't the earliest. Then again I won't be surprised because nothing matters anymore.

Well supposedly the change to a Year manual happened so early in the Matte production, that's why neither is labeled an IMP.  I don't think the majority cares one way or the other at this point.  

6 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Well supposedly the change to a Year manual happened so early in the Matte production, that's why neither is labeled an IMP.  I don't think the majority cares one way or the other at this point.  

Yeah I don't know enough about correct pairing, I just think if you're going to blow $1,000s on an ugly matte Mario to check a box you might as well get the earliest everything in it, let alone if it's cheaper to do so. But I'm sitting here looking at IC and FDS date codes which are beyond what no one cares about monetarily, so my thought process is different than the average HA buyer.

9 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

That's my old matte SMB! I'm interested to see what it goes for.

• Wow! 2

• 2 weeks later...

The signature video game auction is ending in a few a days. Just going through current prices on some, I see a bunch of games sitting pretty cheap compared to what they sold for previously. I guess most of the action takes place during the live auction itself? Hoping I can maybe win a game or two for a good price 😆

4 hours ago, Caliboy24 said:

The signature video game auction is ending in a few a days. Just going through current prices on some, I see a bunch of games sitting pretty cheap compared to what they sold for previously. I guess most of the action takes place during the live auction itself? Hoping I can maybe win a game or two for a good price 😆

There's a 9.8 A++ Pokemon Emerald sitting cozy at $15.5k. lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caliboy24 said:

Prepare to get wrecked! (Actually sometimes 1-2 slip through the cracks and don’t sell for “HA prices” but probably not with a hundred eyes on this one). Whoever bids weeks in advance is probably bidding against the item owners, lol.

Let's take for instance Adventure Island WATA 9.8. First one that caught my eye and one of the first to be sold soon since it's in alphabetical order starting with "A." The last one (might be this same one) sold on Heritgae just this year April for $16,800. Currently, the game is sitting at around $2200 lol. I'd expect with just 3 days left, the bidding should be within around that 50% threshold of what it sold for previously if it were to match or come close to that price. 

I'm thinking now either the previous sale price was an outlier/possibly considered overpriced or this one would be sold at a bargain price. 

It also appears that most bidders are more focused on the sole "highest graded" games seeing that the bids they currently have are eye popping.  I dunno, we'll see but I'm still predicting that there will be a lot more bargain priced games to be had in this auction than in any other Heritage auction. 

Edited by Caliboy24

1 hour ago, Caliboy24 said:

Let's take for instance Adventure Island WATA 9.8. First one that caught my eye and one of the first to be sold soon since it's in alphabetical order starting with "A." The last one (might be this same one) sold on Heritgae just this year April for $16,800. Currently, the game is sitting at around $2200 lol. I'd expect with just 3 days left, the bidding should be within around that 50% threshold of what it sold for previously if it were to match or come close to that price. 

I'm thinking now either the previous sale price was an outlier/possibly considered overpriced or this one would be sold at a bargain price. 

It also appears that most bidders are more focused on the sole "highest graded" games seeing that the bids they currently have are eye popping.  I dunno, we'll see but I'm still predicting that there will be a lot more bargain priced games to be had in this auction than in any other Heritage auction. 

Which games do you think might be picked up at a bargain price in this auction?

3 hours ago, Caliboy24 said:

You should realize that the current price of an auction has no relation to the ending price. I've seen auctions where 90% of the bids happen in the last 10 seconds and others that have no bids in the last few hours. If I'm interested in anything, my bid goes in the last 5 seconds.

1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

You should realize that the current price of an auction has no relation to the ending price. I've seen auctions where 90% of the bids happen in the last 10 seconds and others that have no bids in the last few hours. If I'm interested in anything, my bid goes in the last 5 seconds.

This is 100% correct! These current prices will go way up in the last few moments of the auctions!