IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

43 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

I’m so confused by this. It says how-to-manual, but it isn’t a manual.  And it shows a dude about ready to do dishes in the back?

what is this even supposed to be?

who knows, HA doesnt even know what they are auctioning half the time 🤣

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

I’m so confused by this. It says how-to-manual, but it isn’t a manual.  And it shows a dude about ready to do dishes in the back?

what is this even supposed to be?

A money grab of less than a hundred bucks probably

24 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

who knows, HA doesnt even know what they are auctioning half the time 🤣

Who sent this in for grading and why 😂. Who said to themselves, “this Nintendo busboy gonna make all the panties drop once CGA gets their hands on it.”

im sure if I went to HA their description might shed some more light on what it is, but I feel like not knowing makes it more fun to speculate the circumstance around it. 

is the Catalina collection from Dain?

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

What are people's general thoughts on the auction results last night?

i am probably the wrong person to be giving my opinion on this, but is game collecting dead? i went through some ps1, n64, nes and nothing is standing out as crazy.  except the random sport title.  

i didn't go through everything, so i could have missed something.  

• 2 weeks later...

They invoiced me on 4/20 (nice), I paid on 4/23, was shipped on 4/28, delivered 5/1. This is the only item I've ever purchased from them so I don't have a lot of samples but there ya go.

I think there was a warning about paying with credit card, how it would delay delivery or something? How did you pay?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

So, I won a game from the auction that ended 5/25. I don't believe it has shipped yet. Anybody else waiting? How long does it usually take to ship?

Yes, for some reason the shipping was delayed from this auction for me as well. They shipped out yesterday though. 

I paid via ACH and even that was delayed. If yours still hasn't shipped, I'd call them. Their CS is very helpful & each to get ahold of.

Edited by retro.magnus
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I was just checking sold listings for this game and saw this.

Damn, anyone here got it? Such a deal, I would have paid at least 4 times that and easily twice as much for a CIB that nice. Anyway, I never check HA, but I'm looking for a VGA graded Air Fortress 85 or better 😛

image.png.55d8999f3c9d30f346e0fcf525d759db.png

6 hours ago, rondy said:

I was just checking sold listings for this game and saw this.

Damn, anyone here got it? Such a deal, I would have paid at least 4 times that and easily twice as much for a CIB that nice. Anyway, I never check HA, but I'm looking for a VGA graded Air Fortress 85 or better 😛

image.png.55d8999f3c9d30f346e0fcf525d759db.png

Yes I bought it cracked it and sold it for $1300ish on eBay?  I had it pegged at $1500+ value and wasn't too greedy.  Sold in hours.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, jonebone said:

Yes I bought it cracked it and sold it for $1300ish on eBay?  I had it pegged at $1500+ value and wasn't too greedy.  Sold in hours.

Haha awesome, any idea where this one came from originally? Like, is this another copy found in Mexico? I remember the first one had a yellow sticker and I think the box was a bit squished. And I know you had a CIB too and I remember another one from Chile or something, so I think I've seen two sealed, two CIBs and two cart+manual copies so far.

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

What's the benefit of opening it?

if it's not in a slab then it has the opportunity to appeal to a buyer willing to bid higher thinking it'll grade high enough to justify whatever price they pay.

kind of deceiving tbh. no offense to jonas. if its true value is that high then whatever it sold for on HA doesn't matter. lol

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

What's the benefit of opening it?

i was scratching my head over this as well. 

i've seen items sell on HA and then later listed on eBay with a huge markup.  which i'm sure happens all the time. 

actually, there recently was an item i was thinking of purchasing but i later learned the seller purchased it from HA for a fraction of what he was selling it for .  i said F it, i'll wait. i have patience 😆.

nothing against HA or reselling, but that was a psychological road block for me that prevented me from buying.

• 2 weeks later...