IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

What in the holy hell? Someone paid $180 USD for a 7.0 condition Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt cartridge.

Screenshot_20230810_223255_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230810_223319_Chrome.jpg

Weird! maybe bidders thought the box was some original rarity? I did, before seeing it said it's a reproduction 🙂

Edited by avatar!
  • Confused 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:18 PM, Gulag Joe said:

Submitting a mint reproduction box is a great way to bring up low graded carts and manuals.

They really should not grade the repro box. And that's what I meant, if you're just quickly looking at the auction without reading any details, you might not even know it's a repro box, maybe that's why it was sold for far more than it's really worth.

On 8/11/2023 at 1:02 AM, avatar! said:

Weird! maybe bidders thought the box was some original rarity? I did, before seeing it said it's a reproduction 🙂

On 8/11/2023 at 7:23 AM, MrWunderful said:

What do they say about fools and their money? So stupid lol

10 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

they say they grade anything (for money), so that's what they do. keep giving them business!

they can only pump what they have dupes of so i guess you could say things have de-escalated quickly

20 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Call of Duty- the first full PC version of the game. Same grade. Same grading company. The one on HA sells for $2,000 more dollars than the one on eBay. Is it buyer stupidity, someone who doesn’t watch eBay, or both?

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

PC is speculative.  I sold a raw that was probably about 80+ a couple months back at auction for $350ish?  $400-$500 is fair value of an 80+ yes.

2 minutes ago, jonebone said:

PC is speculative.  I sold a raw that was probably about 80+ a couple months back at auction for $350ish?  $400-$500 is fair value of an 80+ yes.

I think either people get excited at Heritage auctions, or the buyers in those auctions are simply a different demographic and have no time to waste on peasant eBay auctions.

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

I think either people get excited at Heritage auctions, or the buyers in those auctions are simply a different demographic and have no time to waste on peasant eBay auctions.

Heritage is not indicative of fair market value, ebay is a better pace of that.  HA is just much more volatile with more uninformed bidders.  All collectors use ebay.  Many collectors do not go after HA items and it is more reflective of speculators and investors. 

Just now, jonebone said:

Heritage is not indicative of fair market value, ebay is a better pace of that.  HA is just much more volatile with more uninformed bidders.  All collectors use ebay.  Many collectors do not go after HA items and it is more reflective of speculators and investors. 

i think someone has done an in depth youtube video about it

cant remember his name....

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

The one on HA sells for $2,000 more dollars than the one on eBay. Is it buyer stupidity, someone who doesn’t watch eBay, or both?

the answer is...... Comparison 'sales' are not known if they're paid for or not

the only known comps are that of your own ACH bank deposits

Edited by CIB_Wholesale

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

Make more money selling through HA than eBay.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

I mean you have gross sales of $1,000,000 lmao

correct. terms like profit, revenue, gross sales, sales, refferal fees, and commissions are being  misused

terms like expenses, advertising fees, costs, marketing, parent company are being  omitted

dont forget the sage advice from the great oracle: it only takes 2 people to determine a price

6 hours ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

correct. terms like profit, revenue, gross sales, sales, refferal fees, and commissions are being  misused

terms like expenses, advertising fees, costs, marketing, parent company are being  omitted

dont forget the sage advice from the great oracle: it only takes 2 people to determine a price

HA > ebay

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

For sellers yes, for buyers not so much who get to pay a premium just for the privilege of buying overpriced games

We don’t have to care about those buyers because they choose to be uninformed. Buy from eBay, sell on HA

Edited by Gulag Joe

12 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Last year it was a value of at least 10k, not sure if it’s changed since then.

what perverted investments, get the gunk games, and puke and ian get wrong is that the sealed market is very very small. most of it is owned by rb and anything that happens to the market would also happen to rb

all you have to do is ask him. 'did you get 10x offers from years previous in the last 5 years?' the answer might surprise you

sort of like saying: lets talk about basketball in the 90s but dont mention the bulls at all

let me draw you a picture

asdfasdfasdfasdvvbasdfewerasr.png.3961c989468704e4405ffa48b46cdf46.png

• Haha 1