IGNORED

The 3DS Thread

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Don't know. Probably worth thinning out all the games I have, hardly enough time to play them all. On the other hand, maybe it's a good investment? I don't know...

I'd sell high on SMT stuff.  Unless it goes higher when 3 and 5 come out next year.  Who knows.

Or keep and play them because they're awesome games.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 2:37 PM, avatar! said:

Don't know. Probably worth thinning out all the games I have, hardly enough time to play them all. On the other hand, maybe it's a good investment? I don't know...

The way I've always looked at it is if you don't need the money from the games you have, and you wouldn't miss the money if your games drop say 50%+ on value, don't sell. 

The exception to this is if you have doubles, don't care about the game anymore, or you think there's a temporary big spike in price and the price might go back down soon.

22 minutes ago, Craigly1234 said:

It is! Bought it from a nice Canadian and he got it here for me safe and sound! I'm pretty sure this, disney violetta, and winx club were all canada only (but I'm not 100% sure )

I can definitely say that Disney Violetta has many and many copies around in Brazil. It's very easy to find and even a couple weeks ago I found a store selling sealed copies for US$4. 

SO there's something special about Barbie there?  I saw that game case with the game stolen at a goodwill sitting on the rack for weeks last month until they pitched it.  I was going to buy it from my daughter as she loves pet based games and I was pissed some dickless wonder walked off with a little kids game.

32 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

SO there's something special about Barbie there?  I saw that game case with the game stolen at a goodwill sitting on the rack for weeks last month until they pitched it.  I was going to buy it from my daughter as she loves pet based games and I was pissed some dickless wonder walked off with a little kids game.

Are you sure it was that one and not Dreamhouse (fairly common)?

56 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Are you sure it was that one and not Dreamhouse (fairly common)?

Nah I held the thing, twice even just in case the game was found an popped back in there.  I remember that stupid looking poodle along with just the general dog art placement, colors, etc.  The game wasn't alone there were four other DS titles that couldn't be worth more than $1-5 either that also were stolen with the case/manual left behind.

29 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Nah I held the thing, twice even just in case the game was found an popped back in there.  I remember that stupid looking poodle along with just the general dog art placement, colors, etc.  The game wasn't alone there were four other DS titles that couldn't be worth more than $1-5 either that also were stolen with the case/manual left behind.

Might be the regular DS version. I believe it has the same cover 

Just now, Mr. CIB said:

Might be the regular DS version. I believe it has the same cover 

Why is it so hard to believe what I said exactly?  It was in a white case, the front said 3DS in red/black, not a black case that says DS.  It stood out, the others with the games stolen were DS black cases.  Look I'll be back there tomorrow on my way to get the kid, if it's still there, I'll snap a picture.  I think it was pitched, but it could have been I missed it as some of those DS cases were still there but moved.

If it's all that rare I'll just take it to the counter and play dumb, see if I can keep the empty case as they'll just throw it out anyway with the game gone.

21 hours ago, Galdius said:

I can definitely say that Disney Violetta has many and many copies around in Brazil. It's very easy to find and even a couple weeks ago I found a store selling sealed copies for US$4. 

Did it have other languages on the case or just English? Curious about that one now since you've found it locally 

• 2 weeks later...