IGNORED

The 3DS Thread

On 1/23/2024 at 1:20 AM, greenthunder said:

And I hear you regarding keeping track of/hunting down US/Canadian/South American variants. I'm surprised to hear there's Canadian variants of non Nintendo published games, but as you said some of them are uncommon/rare and it's such a niche thing to collect. It definitely sounds rough trying to go for all these variants with barely a hint of their existence.

Honestly, there were far far far more Canadian variants than I thought there would be.  A huge percentage of the 3rd party library got something that was created to sell north of the border. 

What I've done a few different times is go game by game and scroll through EVERY listing on eBay (and eBay Canada) looking for the obvious marks of a Canadian variant (typically dual line ESRB logo, and sometimes a dual line 3D warning).  I compare based on what I've got, and if it's new, I note it down and watch/bid on games as budget allows. Thankfully, in a bunch of cases, publishers just did a single case that had dual languages as the only thing so they didn't need to print two separate runs for the different markets.

I then note stuff I didn't find that didn't have a dual ESRB and either save search it, or peek back in every little bit. At this point I've only got about a dozen titles on searches.  It's probably time to do another deep search on the Nintendo stuff. I've got a few One side got another revision that the other didn't get and those were normally in lock-step on both sides of the border.

**Edit to add**

I got my shipping notice for the 'basic' edition of Fragrant Story: Papayas Path today.  I had the CE/Signed CE in a separate order so I expect that one to pop soon as well.

Edited by PapaStu