IGNORED

The 3DS Thread

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

The same thing happened to Wii U selects at the end of the life span. Pikmin 2 selects was selling for $40-60 while other selects were still on the shelves. 

No idea where you got my quote from, but I most certainly have no daughters...

I think I remember that about Pikmin 2, glad I just have the GC game and held onto it.

She's going to get a bit distracted a bit.  Her GBC sold on ebay last night, combined with Mario Picross, and the cash on hand, she had her 1/2 towards what she has been saving slowly all year for -- Switch Lite, and I found one locally at retail.  I'll keep an eye out for it still, just the pressure is off a bit.

Administrator · Posted
59 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I think I remember that about Pikmin 2, glad I just have the GC game and held onto it.

She's going to get a bit distracted a bit.  Her GBC sold on ebay last night, combined with Mario Picross, and the cash on hand, she had her 1/2 towards what she has been saving slowly all year for -- Switch Lite, and I found one locally at retail.  I'll keep an eye out for it still, just the pressure is off a bit.

Keep an eye on Best Buy if she wants a specific color; they've been coming into stock on their site fairly regularly.

I'm going regular Switches for my kiddos.   They wanted Lites but I'm afraid of them getting stick drift and being worthless vs. just swapping out a joycon.

• Like 1

Thanks, it was taken care of.  She hit her goal and I did some local digging and was able to come up with both the turquoise and coral colors, she wanted the first.

Stick drift I have no concern with, even if it may happen they're easy to swap out and very cheap.  She has some issues anyway, so having the full size one would be more than one bad idea I won't go into.  She chose Pokemon Sword, and I got her a glass screen protector and the leafy looking matching color switch lite case for it as well.

Pretty slick, it's her first new game system and video game she ever bought and earned on her own.

...and on topic, here I sit wondering if I'm being given the ebay run around or fedex tracking is garbage using the virus as an excuse as it wasn't updated an hour ago, now it's showing my New 2DS XL turquoise/black model with MK7 pre-installed is on the way.  It was tagged as a CA start point, seller on ebay is Oregon, and now it's showing movement there too and says Friday delivery.  Can't wait.  She can Switch dabble if she doesn't lose it, and I can pick away at those few games I've got on the shelf my recent grabs.

Edited by Tanooki

Administrator · Posted
10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

...and on topic, here I sit wondering if I'm being given the ebay run around or fedex tracking is garbage using the virus as an excuse as it wasn't updated an hour ago, now it's showing my New 2DS XL turquoise/black model with MK7 pre-installed is on the way.  It was tagged as a CA start point, seller on ebay is Oregon, and now it's showing movement there too and says Friday delivery.  Can't wait.  She can Switch dabble if she doesn't lose it, and I can pick away at those few games I've got on the shelf my recent grabs.

Any tracking (Fedex, UPS, USPS) is a free-for-all these days.  I've had stuff just get an acceptance scan and then not another one until delivered.

• Like 2

No doubt.  I just had another one bounce.  I have a stack of magazines coming that jumped a whole 6 days sooner, and a handheld game that bumped up a day.  We'll see if that actually happens as I've seen them slide after they decided to try and warn me of sooner delivery dates.  I've also sworn off so far after what happened to a game out of Japan taking two months to stop importing until mail returns to actually trying to do their job properly.

I saw one that's amusing.  I bought on ebay a game from someone in another part of the state.  They're claiming a delivery of the 29th.  Unless they hired the old man in the walker from the beginning of Office Space, I don't see that happening.

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I saw one that's amusing.  I bought on ebay a game from someone in another part of the state.  They're claiming a delivery of the 29th.  Unless they hired the old man in the walker from the beginning of Office Space, I don't see that happening.

I think ebay pushed their expected delivery dates way out after a mix of complaints and $5 vouchers for "late arrivals".   I had buyers bitch about stuff not being received by ebay's promised date, even though I got it out in the mail the same day or next morning.    Priority was actually worse than First Class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I think ebay pushed their expected delivery dates way out after a mix of complaints and $5 vouchers for "late arrivals".   I had buyers bitch about stuff not being received by ebay's promised date, even though I got it out in the mail the same day or next morning.    Priority was actually worse than First Class.

I wouldn't be surprised.  That new-ish system of theirs is awful and having the mail act this way must be impossible to want sellers to stay in that trap of a plan where you're at the mercy of the USPS being on time or having to lose some money or worse over it.  I never signed up for it, wasn't worth the stress of best match with the two week returns and get there or else on X day policies.

At the moment I've got a small stack of media mail NP mags out, a brand new New 2DS XL, and a couple of stand alone cheap games too all competing with moving dates as my phone keeps beeping when ebay modifies it.  I'm waiting to see if the 2 items from the west coast (either or both) make it sooner than the stuff a state or two away.

Wow from seeing y'alls collection posts, I really need to play more 3ds. I have been getting into it recently after not using it much since getting it in 2015. I just finished playing through Pilotwings Resort. It was a lot of fun for a whole $5. Luigi's Mansion 2 may be the next game I play. 3 was fantastic but since 2 will be more of the same, I think the mission structure will be  a nice change of pace for short play sessions.

I also want to play Kirby Triple Deluxe. Planet Robobot was great, so I'd like to check out Kirby's earlier 3ds title. 

I got my New Nintendo 2DS XL in the mail today, also one game I had ordered on the side (Star Fox 64) showed up too for it along with what I had, one remains out that's new, and another was so cheap CIB(bonus version) I'm better off just selling the loose cart.  Wow the stylus is tiny on that, but it's just the right size it's comfortable as I can lean it along the inside of my pointer finger and just kind of use it like a finger on an iPhone basically with the tip just sticking off the end by sheer luck of its own size.  Do like the new design of it, very sleek and the full smooth single surface for the upper panel was a smart move.

20 hours ago, Craigly1234 said:

Collection update! I'm now 11 games away from my full set! Gonna wait to post a picture once I finish it but in stoked to share with you all because I should be able to get the final 11 soon 😄

Nice! Are you missing hard to find ones, or just normal titles you just haven’t picked up yet?

19 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I forgot I had these. Unsure of worth...

Is that like you forgot and want to use them or are you going to get rid of them?  You have some solid stuff, and I understand those two River City games were great but I never did end up owning either.  SMT4 I did, that was a fantastic game as was Code of Princess and those DQ conversions.

19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Is that like you forgot and want to use them or are you going to get rid of them?  You have some solid stuff, and I understand those two River City games were great but I never did end up owning either.  SMT4 I did, that was a fantastic game as was Code of Princess and those DQ conversions.

Don't know. Probably worth thinning out all the games I have, hardly enough time to play them all. On the other hand, maybe it's a good investment? I don't know...

53 minutes ago, avatar! said:

On the other hand, maybe it's a good investment? I don't know...

I think it may be more of strike while the irons hot. Sell on the rips and buy on the dips. Those SMT games are definitely the rips right now that most of the 3DS library is not seeing. 

Personally, I think that once the Switch rotates out and the 3DS becomes 2 generations old, most of the games will take a plunge. The Switch is just such a power house of a handheld console that it may end up over shadowing the 3DS too much.

Part of the jump 3DS games are selling is due to the fact that people are realizing the 3DS was as much of a precursor to the Switch as the Wii U was, and it turns out it has a much deeper library than the Wii U. 

In the future though I see 2 main paths for Nintendo handheld collecting which are Switch and Gameboy. Everything in between will be 2nd rate.

Edit: also, I'd be interested in Tetris and Puyo if you do sell 😅

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1