IGNORED

The 3DS Thread

Just now, RegularGuyGamer said:

That's actually a good, playable game. What an oddball title to have in the cart slot lol

I thought so too considering the seller had some younger kids, but said it was her 15 year olds system.  Also some interesting pictures left on the SD card too which made me check the other red one I got the week earlier and it was loaded.  Nothing great or interesting, but you'd think people would erase the pics of their kids off something they're selling.

I'm aware of CoP, had it before on there years ago, solid game and found it more fun than the Switch re-release too.  Like I said, need to find the missing bits.  Also a nice matching blue stylus for that 2DS too seeing that my kid attitude standing still seems to want to hold onto that crystal red one I found first.  I'll need to get a stylus and a 2nd oem power supply for it as I'll sell it to cover keeping the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I thought so too considering the seller had some younger kids, but said it was her 15 year olds system.  Also some interesting pictures left on the SD card too which made me check the other red one I got the week earlier and it was loaded.  Nothing great or interesting, but you'd think people would erase the pics of their kids off something they're selling.

I'm aware of CoP, had it before on there years ago, solid game and found it more fun than the Switch re-release too.  Like I said, need to find the missing bits.  Also a nice matching blue stylus for that 2DS too seeing that my kid attitude standing still seems to want to hold onto that crystal red one I found first.  I'll need to get a stylus and a 2nd oem power supply for it as I'll sell it to cover keeping the other.

I always assumed a factory reset was standard when people sell electronics.  It's kind of scary to think of the personal information people are leaving on their electronics. 

• Like 1

Agreed entirely.  One of them had a small amount of images, the other one I've had for a time had a lot.  In both cases loaded with exclusively pics and video clips of kids I'm guessing between 3-10 years of age boys and girls too.  Dumb what people don't clear out.

1 hour ago, zeppelin03 said:

I always assumed a factory reset was standard when people sell electronics.  It's kind of scary to think of the personal information people are leaving on their electronics. 

Buying at yard sales is always a mystery what you find lol. On eBay or online, it’s much more likely to be factory reset in my experience.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 10:11 PM, PapaStu said:

You're missing the redo of the Selects Animal Crossing New Leaf;  Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo!  It was a full new release with updated code to the cart and new packaging and product code.  I'll need to check my big boxes to see if anything there was/is missing.

Been a while since I've logged into the site but was checking in randomly and saw the 3DS thread at the top so figured I should share the 3DS wall.  Full US set. Slow chasing all the Canadian (and any other North American) variants.  A few things aren't in the picture either because this is a few weeks old or because they got misplaced when I was first loading up the wall, but they're around somewhere.  I'd post just a picture, but imgur is currently down, so you get my few weeks old twitter pic instead.

Amazing collection! I'll be part of the full set club soon too. 20 games away!

2 hours ago, Craigly1234 said:

That’s cool. Any pictures? 

I’m currently at 185 after a couple arrivals today. I have most of the big box releases and heavy hitters outside of Barbie. Wasn’t sure if I was going to go for a full set, but considering there are still titles I want to pick up I will probably continue to slowly move towards a full set and make it a long term goal as I also focus on several other systems.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DeuceGamer said:

That’s cool. Any pictures? 

I’m currently at 185 after a couple arrivals today. I have most of the big box releases and heavy hitters outside of Barbie. Wasn’t sure if I was going to go for a full set, but considering there are still titles I want to pick up I will probably continue to slowly move towards a full set and make it a long term goal as I also focus on several other systems.

No Current pictures. I think the last picture I took was when I was around 350ish, I'll post it if I can find it! I'll definitely share a celebration post when I get groom and glam pups too! Whenever that happens 😞 lol

19 minutes ago, Craigly1234 said:

No Current pictures. I think the last picture I took was when I was around 350ish, I'll post it if I can find it! I'll definitely share a celebration post when I get groom and glam pups too! Whenever that happens 😞 lol

Seems a lot of us are still after Barbie. That’s the scary thing about the 3DS collection. I’m sure hoping more copies find their way to the market. Right now it’s not even a matter of money, it’s a matter of actually finding one more so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeuceGamer said:

Seems a lot of us are still after Barbie. That’s the scary thing about the 3DS collection. I’m sure hoping more copies find their way to the market. Right now it’s not even a matter of money, it’s a matter of actually finding one more so.

Barbie was already tough as nails to find but when the guy mentioned it in the Guinness world book of records video for “largest game collection in the world” it became impossible to find. GameValueNow doesn’t even have it listed. Luckily, I picked it up before the price took off.

@PapaStu did you have to get Barbie Gloom from Canada? That’s where I found my copy and most of the listings I saw were Canadian sellers.

Edited by Mr. CIB

4 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Barbie was already tough as nails to find but when the guy mentioned it in the Guinness world book of records video for “largest game collection in the world” it became impossible to find. GameValueNow doesn’t even have it listed. Luckily, I picked it up before the price took off.

@PapaStu did you have to get Barbie Gloom from Canada? That’s where I found my copy and most of the listings I saw were Canadian sellers.

Mine came off of eBay and was from a Canadian seller.  I bought it back in the very beginning of 2017 based on the emails I'm seeing. It wasn't common then when I got it either.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Craigly1234 said:

Thanks.  That's the full set, and another ~250+ Selects and other kinds of variants, so the regular cases are eating up 1/3 more space than they'd normally do on the wall. And as you can see the big boxes just eat a ton of space and at some point I'll rezone it all again and make everything be in one area, rather than split.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PapaStu said:

Thanks.  That's the full set, and another ~250+ Selects and other kinds of variants, so the regular cases are eating up 1/3 more space than they'd normally do on the wall. And as you can see the big boxes just eat a ton of space and at some point I'll rezone it all again and make everything be in one area, rather than split.

I enjoy collecting the big box releases, but I do wish they were more uniform. Would make it so much cleaner to display. 

17 hours ago, joehalford01 said:

Ok,  got my 3ds and played a couple games. Anything out there on how we're preserving game patches when Nintendo eventually abandons it? I know xbox 360 and ps3 have the updated files online for use with hacked systems.   Anything similar for 3ds?

Overall, I don’t think there were nearly as many updates released for the 3DS titles. I feel like it was fairly uncommon for games to get updated on 3DS but I’m sure there will end up being something.

15 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I can't think of anything game breaking but I'd definitely want updates for Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Smash, Mario Maker and possibly other RPGs. I know there are a decent amount of games that prompt an update the first time they're launched. 

Yea, there are definitely games that had updated but from memory they are uncommon when viewing the entire library whereas I feel like the overwhelming majority of PS360 titles had updates on day one. Also as you mention, I don’t recall any updates being nearly as big of a deal as the frequen PS360 updates that made the game nearly unplayable without the updates.

I do feel like there was a game breaking bug in one of the Pokémon games and I know there were several updates for Smash, but not sure if that was to add new characters and balance the game, or if it was to fix bugs in the game. 

Either way, I’m sure the collectors,  modders, and gamers will figure out a way to patch updates, if they haven’t already.

Edited by DeuceGamer

16 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I can't think of anything game breaking but I'd definitely want updates for Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Smash, Mario Maker and possibly other RPGs. I know there are a decent amount of games that prompt an update the first time they're launched. 

The big one that sticks out to me that got a bunch of updates over it's lifetime is Shovel Knight. It took them several years to get all the bonus content updated for plague knight, Specter knight and king knight. The latest update is version 4.something, so yea, that game had tons of updates. 

Is it the virus, or what's going on exactly with second hand 3DS games?  I've noticed a large amount of them at least online with ebay, amazon too, are just being grossly overvalued and some are biting on that dumb bit of bait.  Is this something that has been up for awhile or just since April?  I didn't pay attention as I got out of it, but now due to things changing I'm looking again and it doesn't seem right seeing these prices, especially on a near dead/dead system as it is now basically.  One set of random examples, Nintendo Selects the 19.99 games you can still kind of find at retail here and there as store chicken out saving space for the stuff, they're up on ebay for like 50-100% higher of the sticker price.  My daughter fell in love with the Tomodachi Life demo on that 2DS I handed her, and it's like $30+ on ebay and amazon...what the hell?  This is when games should have been in the process of bottoming out, not rising.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Is it the virus, or what's going on exactly with second hand 3DS games?  I've noticed a large amount of them at least online with ebay, amazon too, are just being grossly overvalued and some are biting on that dumb bit of bait.  Is this something that has been up for awhile or just since April?  I didn't pay attention as I got out of it, but now due to things changing I'm looking again and it doesn't seem right seeing these prices, especially on a near dead/dead system as it is now basically.  One set of random examples, Nintendo Selects the 19.99 games you can still kind of find at retail here and there as store chicken out saving space for the stuff, they're up on ebay for like 50-100% higher of the sticker price.  My daughter fell in love with the Tomodachi Life demo on that 2DS I handed her, and it's like $30+ on ebay and amazon...what the hell?  This is when games should have been in the process of bottoming out, not rising.

Maybe because Switches are a bitch to find but 2ds/3ds systems can be found fairly easily?

14 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Maybe because Switches are a bitch to find but 2ds/3ds systems can be found fairly easily?

I don't know.  Can they?  All the stores I hit this weekend I only saw a couple that even still bothered to even carry the system and only kept space for like 6 games at most gamestop aside.  At least around here the comment I get is that it's no longer being carried yet NIntendo claims and I believe them more so, that they're still in production.  I didn't see any Switches either, did see some Ring Fit that usually is missing and a lot of game variety on that system.  It just seems outside of normal.

6 hours ago, ChickenTendas said:

So the 3ds uses the proprietary .cia format. Games, updates, and DLC all use this format. The 3ds homebrew community has created an application known as FBI to install .cia files (lol) without the use of the eShop. I currently have the majority of first-party updates and DLC archived, and I'm working on collecting them for the entire set. I'll likely release it when Nintendo takes the eShop down and there is no other way to access this content.

Nice!

20 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

My daughter fell in love with the Tomodachi Life demo on that 2DS I handed her, and it's like $30+ on ebay and amazon...what the hell?  This is when games should have been in the process of bottoming out, not rising.

The same thing happened to Wii U selects at the end of the life span. Pikmin 2 selects was selling for $40-60 while other selects were still on the shelves. 

12 hours ago, ChickenTendas said:

I currently have the majority of first-party updates and DLC archived, and I'm working on collecting them for the entire set. I'll likely release it when Nintendo takes the eShop down and there is no other way to access this content.

You are the actual MVP.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

The same thing happened to Wii U selects at the end of the life span. Pikmin 2 selects was selling for $40-60 while other selects were still on the shelves. 

You are the actual MVP.

I think it’s the ever evolving collectors trying to stay one step ahead of the price increase. It seems the period where prices bottom out are almost nonexistent on Nintendo systems. PS3 on the other hand is still pretty low.

I do think COVID also played a role as those collectors trying to stay ahead of the curve had less option and were essentially forced to look online for a period of time.

• Like 1