IGNORED

Potato Chips or Tortilla Chips?

G-type

Potato Chips or Tortilla Chips?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

Well without context it's tough to specifically say because on their own, but with seasonings, potato chips all the way.  I love Flamin Hot chips, Utz Crab chips, pickle flavored, barbecue and of course even classic regular are good.

I can eat plain tortilla chips by themselves, but if there's something else to snack on, I'll gravitate towards it.  However, tortilla chips are of course a must for salsa and guac, and Fritos simply belong in chili.  When you add that factor, I think I like them mutually.  Flavored tortilla chips are good too.  They now serve some with a "hint of lime" and that makes the plain ones much better on their own.  I guess Doritos are a tortilla chip.  It still doesn't skew my vote even though they are probably my favorite chip of all, but they are coated in cheese powder and wash down well with Mountain Dew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

depends on what I am eating.

This is how I feel. 

Stand alone chips with only the plain salted chips? Then there is a very specific brand of tortilla I would go with because its very thin and crispy. Otherwise potato. 

Pre-flavored then potato all the way

Any kind dip/chili/salasa/cheese tortilla all the way

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

This is how I feel. 

Stand alone chips with only the plain salted chips? Then there is a very specific brand of tortilla I would go with because its very thin and crispy. Otherwise potato. 

Pre-flavored then potato all the way

Any kind dip/chili/salasa/cheese tortilla all the way

kinda where im at

I don't really snack on either. Fresh out the fryer is the way to go in either case. Not a lot of places do fresh potato chips, though. Lots of bars and Mexican joints hook up the fresh tortilla chips, though.

There's a sandwich chain nearby called Wrap City that hooks up the fresh potato chips with every order. Really good stuff.

If I have to choose, I went with tortilla for my queso and not to mention spinach and artichoke dip.

For me, it's mostly about what I'm doing.  If it's a car trip, it's corn chips of one type or another all the way (plus pretzels!).  If I'm at home, just looking for a snack, then normally it's going to be potato chips.  As far as accompanying a meal, again, it's all about context.  For "south of the border" creations, it's going to be tortilla chips, but if it's a sandwich, hot dog, or even a burger, I'm going to side with some sort of potato chip.

Events Helper · Posted
20 minutes ago, G-type said:

chips

hmmmm......

If I eat a chip alone, maybe doritos, most kinds are ok, especially cool ranch and nacho cheese, "Dirty" Potato Chips Salt & Vinegar or anything Jalapeno flavored......So i can't vote because I like both kinds 😉  

12 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

hmmmm......

If I eat a chip alone, maybe doritos, most kinds are ok, especially cool ranch and nacho cheese, "Dirty" Potato Chips Salt & Vinegar or anything Jalapeno flavored......So i can't vote because I like both kinds 😉  

I'm kind of in the same boat, as it's contextual to me.  In general I like more kinds of potato chips than corn chips, but that's basically because there are far more varieties.  That being said, I don't really think that should tip the scales one way or the other since, again, it's totally contextual for me.

• Like 1