IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Rad Racer 2!

BeaIank

1 hour ago, RH said:

I see that other game. I'm there too.

Ha, I tried it after too many bud lights last night and got nowhere. I was hoping to clear rr2 today and check it out some tonight, but haven't been able to get there. Headed out to golf this afternoon, so probably wont get to Battletoads until Monday 

I'm so late into this, and holy shit does it start out harder than the first one.  I haven't even beat first level yet.  I think the idea with this game is that it was intended for (the many) people who had the first Rad Racer, therefore you are already expected to be good right away and jump right in.  I gotta take it easy on these curves.  Participation I think

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Krunch said:

I think the idea with this game is that it was intended for (the many) people who had the first Rad Racer

Definitely.  It's Faster, Rougher, And Literally Edgier.  There's more to account for in exercising caution as well.  At one point, dealing with an aggressive racer in a later stage I began to feel like I was taking on an end of level boss.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krunch said:

I'm so late into this, and holy shit does it start out harder than the first one.  I haven't even beat first level yet.  I think the idea with this game is that it was intended for (the many) people who had the first Rad Racer, therefore you are already expected to be good right away and jump right in.  I gotta take it easy on these curves.  Participation I think

I had trouble beating the first race as well.

Be sure to hold down when you start the race to use your turbo boost. You can use it whenever you're at a complete stop.

9 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I had trouble beating the first race as well.

Be sure to hold down when you start the race to use your turbo boost. You can use it whenever you're at a complete stop.

Hey thanks yeah I did find out the turbo shortly after posting that and it's a great design feature but sadly its still not gonna help me much.  I'll prob just put up my Level 2 score and call it a day, I've never ever placed in Rad Racer 1 so I don't see how im magically gonna pick this one up.  Starting too late in the week generally bites me in the ass like this.

9 hours ago, PII said:

Definitely.  It's Faster, Rougher, And Literally Edgier.  There's more to account for in exercising caution as well.  At one point, dealing with an aggressive racer in a later stage I began to feel like I was taking on an end of level boss.

A more clinical approach is needed for sure.  The jury's still out on whether that's what you want in a racer.  I love the first game, it was one of my family's few NES games.  When I'm flying in Rad Racer I can just FEEL it, ya know?  A great atmosphere.  I won't judge RR2 too hard cause I'm not playing on equal setups here, I remember playing it on a cooler setup once and thinking it was about equal.  I no longer think it's equal; a solid sequel, but we all know follow-ups hardly ever top those perfect classics.

And on a last note cause I guess im a spam poster now is that I would find it funny if this game actually was added to the roster because of my suggestion in that suggestion thread, or if it was already slated.  Competitively speaking, this selection was totally NOT advantageous or rad for me in any way 😜

Don't have time this week to really sink my teeth into this game, although I will say it's actually pretty good for what it is.  But man, that last leg of Las Vegas is a real killer.  Oh well, I guess that's why you're supposed to study the map it shows you before the race...

Stage 5, final leg, right near the end 😞

Rad Racer II.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis

i have yet to make it to the third leg of stage 7..... im only i  for maybe 10 trys so far. i might get a couple more runs in.

FUN GAME.

just as good as the original imo. maybe better. im buas with nostalgia though as while i was playingbrealized this wqs a child hood rental. stage 2 made the light bulb and fuzzies fo off 💪🏻🤘🏻

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

this game feels easier than the first imo. although i beat the first game and have yet to beat rr2. i put 10x as much time into beating the first game though. i feel like one more day i can beat this one.

Maybe it's easier to beat (I don't know) but it definitely gets harder earlier on.