IGNORED

What are you currently watching?

Administrator · Posted

I've been watching some movies while doing AFK stuff on Runescape for the last day or so. Watched a couple I've already seen, and a new one:

• Reservoir Dogs (seen)
  • Immortals (seen)
  • Lord of War (new)

Reservoir Dogs I've seen many times, always love it.

Immortals I'd seen once when it came out back when just about every movie released really wanted to be the next "300". I was curious if it was as I'd remembered, not that great a movie. It was not that great a movie.

Lord of War was on my "to watch" list, and I decided to knock it off of that list. I really liked it a lot. I'm not really big on giving reviews so I'll stick to simply - I really liked it a lot. Probably not one I'll watch again but it's had a positive entertainment impact on me such that I will recommend it to others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm watching the final few episodes of Walking Dead... I haven't liked the show in a long time... but I made this far, might as well finish it.

Also watched:

Dahmer (definitely not for everyone)
GoT: House of the Dragon... not as good as S1-5 Game of Thrones , but slightly better than S6-8 Game of Thrones.
Weird: The Al Yankovich Story (recommended!)
Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal (recommended!)

11 hours ago, avatar! said:

I actually really enjoy "scary movies" although sadly, they're rarely scary.

My #1 pick for "best scary movie of all time"...

I'm pretty much in the same boat, with only a tiny number of incredibly realistically done, nearly-too-true-to-life movies bothering me even a little.

With that said, The Exorcist never really bothered me, even as a kid.  While I had plenty of jumps and scares when I was young from all sorts of different movies, the one that sticks with me t hat I've virtually always enjoyed the best has to be John Carpenter's The Thing.  Some may argue that it's "sci-fi," but the Thing's origins don't take away from the fact that it's a fantastic psychological horror movie, leaving first time viewers second guessing everything and everyone, never knowing for sure where the next hard turn in the story is going to come from, or go.

• Like 1

Netflix release a new film adaptation of All Quiet on the Western Front that's worth a watch, especially on Armistice/Veterans day. They made some additions and subtractions that add to the viewing experience but I think take away some of the impact of it's message.

(aka the book was better)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's a completely different tone but I've started rewatching Knight Rider, which I've not watched since it was on syndication decades ago.

The YouTube algorithm suggested a video on a channel call The Knight Rider Historians, and thought it's not super-exciting, the guys who are working hard to record and recover as much as they can from this TV show is amazing.

Anyway, I figured if I was going to watch the channel, I should probably familiarize myself with the show.  It's good stuff, too!  Yes, it is an early-80's action series, so there's a certain level of believability that needs to be suspended, but I'd say it holds up well.  My 9 and 11 year old kids love it.  Anyway, that's what I'm watchin now.  I'm on season 2 and half way through all of them.

Oh, and early this year I came back to Startgate SG:1 and finished the last season and a half seasons I missed.  It got pretty bad there at the end, but that last episode actually did get me in the feels.  I'll not spoil it just in case that's on anyone's backlog.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Knight Riders was my favorite show as a kid.  While everyone was watching GI Joe/Thundercats/He Man, I was riding with the Hoff haha.  That actually sounds like a really cool youtube show I'm gonna check out.

Here's the channel.  It's a bunch of different content.  The main guy is restoring the trailer that was used in the action shots that K.I.T.T. pulls into from time to time.  It was the same trailer through out the series.  These guys have been watching this show for decades and know every nut, bolt, board or piece of sheet metal that was ever used.

https://www.youtube.com/c/KnightRiderHistoriansOfficial

Here's the last big episode--the guy outlines every screen used, known vehicle for kitt.  The amount of work that went into pulling this together is obviously insane.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 10:19 AM, Aguy said:

Netflix release a new film adaptation of All Quiet on the Western Front that's worth a watch, especially on Armistice/Veterans day. They made some additions and subtractions that add to the viewing experience but I think take away some of the impact of it's message.

(aka the book was better)

Don't have Netflix, so I can't watch the new one, but the Richard Thomas / Ernest Borgnine version from 1979 is really good.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted

Two episodes in and I'm enjoying it.  Kinda early to tell if the story and world building will hold up but I can say for sure that the actress for Wednesday is knocking it out of the park with her acting.  Also the dialog/script for her I'm really loving.  I hope they don't fuck this up because it's got a lot of great potential.

Spoiler

FPmlRmV.jpg?width=800&height=676

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Don't have Netflix, so I can't watch the new one, but the Richard Thomas / Ernest Borgnine version from 1979 is really good.

They're all good, although this one is my favorite version. That said, the book is better than any movie adaptation in case you have not yet read it 🙂

• Agree 1

I don't really watch TV or movies anymore, but I have been watching a playthrough of Resident Evil 6. The only Resident Evil I played through and beat was Gaiden on Game Boy Colour, but I do enjoy watching the other games online. I've never seen RE 6 before, but I know going into it that it's very polarizing to most fans. Only just started it up last night, so I haven't gotten far into it yet.

The polarizing entries in game series tend to fascinate me the most, as it's a sign that a series is trying something unique.