IGNORED

What are you currently watching?

8 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Or, create a new character that fits the representation you want to see???  How hard is that?  This is the problem people (including myself) are having with all this so-called "woke" casting and "representation."  Why not just create new stories and new characters instead of trying to mould existing ones into something they are not in order to fit into your current world view?  Why do already existing characters have to be changed into something they are not?  Just create new woke stories and woke characters and leave the old stuff alone and then everyone is happy!!!

That's not fiction, bud!  That's the whole problem: every story now has to fit a stereotypical New York population... why?  Why can't fiction be fiction?  Why do you feel like fiction must reflect what our world is?  Fiction should be the opposite: made up fantasy of what our world isn't.  It sounds like what you want is non-fiction.

Think about this: so it's totally okay to put a bunch of black, Asian and other races in Rings of Power, even though it's based on medieval English/Northern European folklore or whatever; well what if an African author created a medieval fictional world set long ago in Africa and then it became a best seller, and then they made a TV series and had a bunch of white, asian, etc people representing the medieval Africans in the story?  That would be pretty jarring - pretty glaring - it would take most people right out of the story every time one of those people walked on the screen.  Do you see what I'm getting at?  Are you beginning to understand why so many people are complaining?  Why all movies and TV shows made for the rest of eternity have to reflect a New York street???

Crazy how “New York streets” are the only place where non-white/non heterosexual people exist!

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
22 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yup.

And it was vilified for daring to have a female cast, 100%.

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Change can be nice.  We have a million male Bond films.  Stretch those wings.

I really dig Ghostbusters 2016 but would honestly not care to see a female James Bond.  The new female Pinhead was good though.  Probably the best Hellraiser since Hellraiser in space. 

I suppose I can't really articulate why it's okay in some instances but not in others.  Maybe I'm not okay with a female Bond because the character is inherently masculine with so many socially redeeming qualities, a manipulative alcoholic womanizing narcissistic murderer.  You know, everything I strive to be. 

Whereas gender isn't really a trait that's required of the Ghostbusters.  And I fully tied the Pinhead character to the original actor (similar to Freddy).  There were two awful actors that replaced him and I was ready to completely be done with Hellraiser.  But the new girl Pinhead was great.  And I guess the character was written as androgynous to begin with.

41 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Crazy how “New York streets” are the only place where non-white/non heterosexual people exist!

Who said that?  Is this the best you can do?  😛

EDIT - And who said anything about sexual orientation?  Are you bringing your own shit into this?

Edited by Dr. Morbis

I said this:

54 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Why do all movies and TV shows made for the rest of eternity have to reflect the racial make-up of a New York City street???

And you responded with this:

43 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

So I ask again: who said that and is this the best you can do?

And in case you missed the edit I had just made to my previous post, I'll repost it here:

EDIT - And who said anything about sexual orientation?  Are you bringing your own shit into this?

Just now, MrWunderful said:

Why not instead of “New York street”, you say “small mountain one stoplight town in Cor’ d’ leane, Idaho? Because we all knew what you meant. 

EXACTLY - that's the point of an example: so that you would know what I meant.  If I had said a town in Idaho, that would have been a very poor example, so I used an example that pretty much anyone anywhere would understand, including you... 😒

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I said this:

And you responded with this:

So I ask again: who said that and is this the best you can do?

And in case you missed the edit I had just made to my previous post, I'll repost it here:

😂😂😂 I see you rage about “woke” shit all the time.

People ok with equality=\= people who complain about “woke” or even use such a stupid word in that context. its a glaring red flag bro

Nice try with the insult, but it wont work. 

well all know what you meant, implying that anything that reflects the racial make up of a new york street is inherently bad. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

My overall point @MrWunderful is that now because of all this woke nonsense, if they made a fictional movie about that town in Idaho, it would feature a largely multicultural cast, in spite of the fact that the town (according to wikipedia) is 93.8% white...

Who is “they”? And the rest about what “they” might do is nothing based in actual fact, just your conjecture. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

When it's ridiculously anachronistic, yes.

At least you admit it, we can end this back and forth and let the thread continue.

Just expect that your complaints about that terrible equal representation and Fox-news-esque “woke” tirades will still get called out in the future. 

1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:

Who is “they”?

Whoever ended up making the movie.  Come on man, read for comprehension!

2 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

At least you admit it, we can end this back and forth and let the thread continue.

Just expect that your complaints about that terrible equal representation and Fox-news-esque “woke” tirades will still get called out in the future. 

The next time you're goint to try and argue with someone, instead of putting words in their mouth and labelling them with buzz words and all your endless insinuations, see if you can come up with an actual argument to counter what the opposing side has put forth!!!!

K'Thanks Bye 🙂

Social Team · Posted

I keep hearing woke being thrown around and it's not exactly well defined.... UNTILL RECENTLY!!!  The Florida governor's general counsel has finally properly defined it!  Woke is, "the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them."  

So now is the Lord of the Rings TV series woke???  I really missed how they covered systemic injustices in American society.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Whoever ended up making the movie.  Come on man, read for comprehension!

The next time you're goint to try and argue with someone, instead of putting words in their mouth and labelling them with buzz words and all your endless insinuations, see if you can come up with an actual argument to counter what the opposing side has put forth!!!!

K'Thanks Bye 🙂

Here is my argument:

People who complain about “woke”, only want to see white people. They believe that Things that only had white people in them, need to remain white only. Who fucking cares if a movie about Idaho has all pygmy vietnamese and maori people in it?

I sure don’t!

And I really don’t bitch about it online either. 

Your whole argument quoted above, was based on a movie that “they” never made about a town Idaho you thought was in Washington st.  
Those Damn woke New york racially diverse movie directors!

Seems legit. 

Hey you guys!  I got a great idea for a movie!!  It's a remake of SHAFT starring Woody Allen in the title role.  It's gonna be called WOODY.  It's not a comedy either.  It's a serious remake.

🎶He's a complicated man, who no one understands, but his mother...🎵    ..Woody!..

I smell a box office smash! 🤑

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Here is my argument:

People who complain about “woke”, only want to see white people. They believe that Things that only had white people in them, need to remain white only. Who fucking cares if a movie about Idaho has all pygmy vietnamese and maori people in it?

I sure don’t!

That's great that an all-Vietnamese cast in a movie about Idaho wouldn't bother you, and I mean that sincerely because it is more freeing for you to be able to enjoy a lot of modern movies like that a lot more.  What you don't seem to understand or appreciate is that some people do care and will care because they can't lose themselves in the plot of the movie when something like the casting is so glaringly innaccurate.

21 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Your whole argument quoted above, was based on a movie that “they” never made about a town Idaho you thought was in Washington st.  

Those Damn woke New york racially diverse movie directors!

Seems legit.

And here we have the part of your post that bothers me the most because, once again, you're setting up a straw man and then knocking him down and patting yourself on the back while you do it.  You brought up Idaho, not me.  "My whole argument is based on a movie that... yada yada,"  WTF, man?!?!  My whole argument was outlined in my large post way way up above your first mention of a small town in Idaho.  Seriously WTF?  If you had left your post at the end of the first part I quoted, then fine, you stated your argument with no labelling, no putting words in my mouth and no belittling; but you just couldn't help yourself and had to proceed to keep on typing and do all three.  As a result, my regard for you is tanking with every new post you make. 🥴

Now, I know you'll be responding to this post in your usual manner, so don't forget to check all the boxes: put words in my mouth, knock them down, and then label me as anti-equality (use a good buzz word like anti-woke, too)...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

42 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

That's great that an all-Vietnamese cast in a movie about Idaho wouldn't bother you, and I mean that sincerely because it is more freeing for you to be able to enjoy a lot of modern movies like that a lot more.  What you don't seem to understand or appreciate is that some people do care and will care because they can't lose themselves in the plot of the movie when something like the casting is so glaringly innaccurate.

And here we have the part of your post that bothers me the most because, once again, you're setting up a straw man and then knocking him down and patting yourself on the back while you do it.  You brought up Idaho, not me.  "My whole argument is based on a movie that... yada yada,"  WTF, man?!?!  My whole argument was outlined in my large post way way up above your first mention of a small town in Idaho.  Seriously WTF?  If you had left your post at the end of the first part I quoted, then fine, you stated your argument with no labelling, no putting words in my mouth and no belittling; but you just couldn't help yourself and had to proceed to keep on typing and do all three.  As a result, my regard for you is tanking with every new post you make. 🥴

Now, I know you'll be responding to this post in your usual manner, so don't forget to check all the boxes: put words in my mouth, knock them down, and then label me as anti-equality (use a good buzz word like anti-woke, too)...

No dude, you are really upset about black elves. Its showing.  You started the anti-woke tirade, not me. 

If you don’t like the casting choices for a movie,  don’t see the fucking movie then. its called the free market. It why certain movies arent made anymore. Its crazy that even has to be said. 

Hiding your racial bias behind “some people can’t get lost in the plot” is nonsense and everyone knows it. I personally don’t care how you feel about other races or “wokeness” just keep it off this site. 

If you weren’t complaining about the representation in movies, we wouldn’t have to be having this conversation.

For impact- Lets Change a few nouns in your quote (my changes in parenthesis) and it has a whole different feel:

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Why not just create new  (black school) and new (black restaurants) instead of trying to mould existing ones into something they are not in order to fit into your current world view?  Why do already existing (white schools and restaurants) have to be changed into something they are not?  Just create new (black schools) and (black restaurants) and leave the old stuff alone and then everyone is happy!!!

And yes, I did put words in your post there. Ill end with that, and 100% not respond to anything else you say about this exchange again in this thread. Its been hijacked enough. 

just Remember- don’t complain about equality here, and nobody will call you out!

Edited by MrWunderful

18 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

And yes, I did put words in your post there. Ill end with that, and 100% not respond to anything else you say about this exchange again in this thread. Its been hijacked enough.

Thank God; you've been beating up your own straw men for long enough.  You sunk yourself to an incredible new low with that last one, but we'll leave it there...   😬

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Haha 1