IGNORED

What are you currently watching?

I watched Spider-Man No Way Home. It made me realize how much I miss Spider-Man 1 and 1. Heck, I even liked Andrew Garfield better than Tom Holland in this. I felt bad for Garfield. The Amazing Spider-Man movies weren’t great, and he burned a bridge with that franchise, but he’s a much better actor.

• 1 month later...

I watched Network for the first time. Overall, I thought it was a very good movie. I think it hits things right on the nose for the most part. It would have been great had I not thought the character of Max was uneven and had moments where I was thinking this just seems illogical for this character. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I have never seen any Friday The 13th, A Nightmare On Elm Street, nor Halloween so while I'm on vacation this week I decided to get started. I started with Friday The 13th and I just started number 5 a few minutes ago. Don't spoil anything for me.

Jason did it.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Administrator · Posted
30 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I have never seen any Friday The 13th, A Nightmare On Elm Street, nor Halloween so while I'm on vacation this week I decided to get started. I started with Friday The 13th and I just started number 5 a few minutes ago. Don't spoil anything for me.

Is there a reason you started with 5?

Editorials Team · Posted
43 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

It gets 

Spoiler

much worse

On 4/18/2022 at 9:32 AM, RH said:

This weekend I watched Invaders from Mars.  Man, I loved this one as a kid.  Wasn't bad but just kind of bland.  I was hoping for something that was bad in an awesome way.  Oh well, maybe this weekend I'll watch The Last Starfighter to fill that void.  I haven't watch it in probably 20 years.

If you haven't seen it you might want to track down the original 1953 version. It is really good if you like films from that era.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Insomnia for the first time the other night. I thought Pacino was good but it honestly felt like it should have been longer to flesh it out more. It seemed like Nolan was forced to make the movie a certain length and he usually needs that extra time to develop his worlds.

I also watched Mad Max Road Warrior and Thunderdome. The series is just so entertaining despite only giving you small glimpses of life in the post-apocalyptic world.

Edited by ICrappedMyPants

• 1 month later...
Editorials Team · Posted

I've been using the library this year to watch a lot of movies that I've never seen before.  I have this idea in my head that I'll watch every movie of note from the 80s and 90s (and other decades to a lesser extent), so this has greatly helped that.  I multi-task while I'm on my Switch or doing the SNES project:

Off the top of my head I've watched all of these, which I hadn't seen before (or at least not all of it): The Shape of Water, Room, Doctor Sleep, Parasite, Legends of the Fall, Out of Africa, Fletch, After Hours, The Big Chill, Prizzi's Honor, Spider-Man (the one with Mysterio), old Dune, new Dune, Crimson Peak, that Legend of the Five Rings marvel movie, Captain Marvel, No Time to Die, American Underdog, Swiss Family Robinson, The Big Sleep, Romancing the Stone, Last Night in Soho, Ghostbusters Afterlife, Driving Miss Daisy, Mystic Pizza, Stranger than Paradise, and whatever other movies I can't seem to remember right now.

Uncharted on Netflix. I was avoiding watching it but since it’s on streaming I figured I’d give it a go. It’s not that I don’t like Tom Holland but I dunno he doesn’t have the Nathan Drake look. Even though they were going for the younger look I don’t think he still resembles the character I’m used too. Mark Wahlburgers as sully makes even less sense but whatever maybe it’ll help drive the video game to movie stigma out of the way so we can get a Metal Gear Solid movie lol. Haven’t finished it yet, had to cut it early last night but will finish tonight or tomorrow. The plot seems very related to a thief’s end. 

image.jpeg.e2850f9dee89c8161dbc13ed92562606.jpeg

I'm currently watching Season 3 of The X-Files. The third episode of this Season is sort of video game-related, and features an Arcade. I used to watch this show a lot on TV, and I've watched the movies (which I have on Blu-ray in one package).

image.jpeg.d128e30a4f9f3e671f1de4356133d866.jpeg

image.jpeg.8b8bc17d5b8a01776302968ea0182263.jpeg

image.jpeg.e1c2940723244c41c5a3aafd950c80b0.jpeg

image.jpeg.1407ba614978e88aacbc6746f63a7dc2.jpeg

Not sure what show I'll watch after X-Files. Maybe The Three Stooges, which I bought still sealed fairly recently. Or maybe The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends (I've had the complete series on DVD for a while) and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (which I bought on Blu-ray earlier this year). Really like retro cartoons. Or maybe I'll watch Season 1 of Game of Thrones, which I bought on Blu-ray last month.

image.jpeg.27b35cc65610dee9addb4a1ae2db856c.jpeg

image.jpeg.37b9c802a6a0f3ce67862438665f8ef6.jpeg

image.jpeg.7f0407449c96365c46e3a5a6c162db68.jpeg

image.jpeg.7d5970a03ca1f9ccc9f510fff8f83a68.jpeg

image.jpeg.df2a3c603358b46960c3819df2c07c1b.jpeg

As for movies, I'm not focusing on any series in particular and just watch whatever. I watched Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Top Gun: Maverick at a Theater. I'd like to re-watch some movies that have been in my collection for over a decade, such as the Indiana Jones movies (probably going to pick Temple of Doom; re-watched Raiders of the Lost Ark a few months ago). I've watched/re-watched all of the Harry Potter movies this year, except Deathly Hollows Part 2 (the only Harry Potter movie I don't have). Last month, I bought Hoosiers and Dodgeball on DVD sealed and also watched them. I also bought a sealed copy of Terminator: Salvation on Blu-ray last month and haven't watched it yet (a little behind on the Terminator series...only watched the first three and Dark Fate).

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Wow! 2