IGNORED

Pro Wrestling thread

CodysGameRoom

Agreed that Bray Wyatt "fiend" belt is atrocious. 

Keith Lee sending Adam Cole over the guardrail on NXT was amazing. (despite stealing it from... some indy wrestler... can't think of his name. But he did it from inside the ring and sent a guy right to the floor, it was insane)

They need to do this spot on a PPV. 

Or from inside the ring to the floor (where there's a group of wrestlers to catch Cole, obviously.)

There was two rows of plants and Lee still sent him almost over them all. The way Cole kicks his feet up over the guardrail is incredible timing as well. Should have been a high jumper. 

Keith Lee is astounding, as so is Cole. Cole vs. Pete Dunne at SS was wild. The Canadian Destroyer on the ring apron was nuts. 

Also, I absolutely LOVE Bray Wyatt and the "Fiend" character. I honestly don't even think of them as the same person as I'm watching, that's how good it is. Wyatt in the firefly funhouse/interviews is so neat/creepy to watch. Although, booking Fiend as so unstoppable is a little odd.... how's he going to lose? Dude got hit with like 80 (7???) stomps, got blown up, and still didn't sell anything in his title win against Rollins. Soooo.... he's indestructible?

Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, and Bray Wyatt are the reasons to watch WWE right now. KO has the best move set in the company.  

5 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Yeah, maybe its feeling different these days. But how many billionaires pushing products on all of us have ever taken a bump off a cage just to put a smile on our faces? Just sayin. 

I'm probably drawing a blank, but when did Vince take a bump off a cage? I know Shane has done plenty of crazy spots in cage matches, but I can't think of Vince doing any.

7 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Keith Lee sending Adam Cole over the guardrail on NXT was amazing. (despite stealing it from... some indy wrestler... can't think of his name. But he did it from inside the ring and sent a guy right to the floor, it was insane)

Also, I absolutely LOVE Bray Wyatt and the "Fiend" character. I honestly don't even think of them as the same person as I'm watching, that's how good it is. Wyatt in the firefly funhouse/interviews is so neat/creepy to watch. Although, booking Fiend as so unstoppable is a little odd.... how's he going to lose? Dude got hit with like 80 (7???) stomps, got blown up, and still didn't sell anything in his title win against Rollins. Soooo.... he's indestructible?

Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, and Bray Wyatt are the reasons to watch WWE right now. KO has the best move set in the company.  

I agree that bump over the guardrail was pulled off beautifully, my mouth dropped lol.

As a huge sucker for gimmicks like the Fiend, I'm worried that I'm already desensitized to the draw factor on him.  For the reasons you stated it's twisting us into this realm of trying to think he has superhuman powers or something and I just don't think they are rolling it out very well.  It started off as the best thing since sliced bread, but after the ridiculous caged stomp-a-thon and then the slightly-better title win...I'm underwhelmed for some reason when he now makes appearances.  The firefly fun house is just weird.  Hope they can pull me back in.

I like your list at the end there...but Sami?  I know it's his character, but I find him super annoying (great mic skills tho).

23 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

There seems to be a lively debate on Twitter as to who would be on the Mount Rushmore of wrestling. I would have to go Hogan, Flair, Austin and HBK. I really thought about Macho Man and CM Punk, but you only get to pick four. Okay, now it's everyone else's turn!

I would swap out Undertaker for HBK.   

While I wasn't a big fan of Austin either, he was huge for the whole Attitude Era.

23 hours ago, B.A. said:

I read the rock and roll express won the NWA tag belts. Now I love me some old school wrestlers, but doesn't it kind of hurt their credibility having guys in their 60s as champs?

I the NWA is really going for the retro look with retro wrestlers. The WWE's over the top gimmicks are easier to accept than having senior citizens as your tag champs.

12 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I the NWA is really going for the retro look with retro wrestlers. The WWE's over the top gimmicks are easier to accept than having senior citizens as your tag champs.

Honestly I was kind surprised how well they moved around for their age.  But that may be because I have grandparents that can barely walk around anymore let alone hop around and run their shoulder into a ring post like Robert Gibson was doing.  They won with a quick roll up so it wasn't like they really overpowered the other team

6 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Honestly I was kind surprised how well they moved around for their age.  But that may be because I have grandparents that can barely walk around anymore let alone hop around and run their shoulder into a ring post like Robert Gibson was doing.  They won with a quick roll up so it wasn't like they really overpowered the other team

They still get around well, but it's tough to take guys that old seriously. It's no worse than a 10 year old kid winning the tag titles with Braun Strowman at WrestleMania, not that either of those ideas were good.

15 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They still get around well, but it's tough to take guys that old seriously. It's no worse than a 10 year old kid winning the tag titles with Braun Strowman at WrestleMania, not that either of those ideas were good.

Eh, the 10yr old bothers me more.  At least the Rock n Roll has experience/history, and I like a feel good moment for some old guard once in a while. 

On a side note, my gf who hasn't ever watched wrestling other than  YouTube clips Ive shown her of old stuff, said she caught AEW the other night and thought it was horrible. She specifically mentioned their punches looked fake and all I could think was "jesus, I'm dating jim cornette"

50 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Eh, the 10yr old bothers me more.  At least the Rock n Roll has experience/history, and I like a feel good moment for some old guard once in a while. 

On a side note, my gf who hasn't ever watched wrestling other than  YouTube clips Ive shown her of old stuff, said she caught AEW the other night and thought it was horrible. She specifically mentioned their punches looked fake and all I could think was "jesus, I'm dating jim cornette"

Yeah the 10 year old thing was stupid when the WWE is basically burying the entire tag division saying Braun Strowman can win the titles by himself. I guess I never picked up on the fake looking punches since that's what they are, but I had a friend that doesn't watch wrestling say the same thing about how fake it looks one day when I had Raw on.

39 minutes ago, trj22487 said:

Weren't the New Age Outlaws the WWE champions not too long ago? And didn't I just see Billy Gunn make the AEW roster look like little boys last month?

That didn't make any sense either, making a career mid card/tag team guy in his 50s look like Andre the Giant.

I have no idea why people made a big stink over that kid winning the title.  The whole idea was it was a handicap match.  IIRC the kid didn't even do anything.  It was supposed to be a huge face move.  Then of course they'd have to take it off of him cuz he wasn't a real wrestler or something.  It was all to stick it to who ever forced Braun to pick a partner.  I think I got that right.

20 hours ago, DarkTone said:

New age outlaws were my favourite tag team, and I was pissed when they won. It seemed like the future looked poor with triple h in charge. In one show; NAO won the tag titles, orton was undisputed champion, and Batista won the rumble. 

Also, Del Rio lost his WWE title. 

I was never a Del Rio fan. I thought it was a terrible move to have him cash in his Money in the Bank contract on CM Punk when he was on his white hot run. Triple H didn't like Punk and ruined his push, especially with that follow up Kevin Nash storyline that never got a payoff match because Nash couldn't get cleared to wrestle.

3 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Is that official? I heard that from some guy online. Glad Luke Harper got his release. Who would steal from Walter?!

Yes, the WWE posted it right before I did. Hopefully Harper goes to AEW since they need some bigger guys. No idea what will happen with the Ascension or Sin Cara. I saw that the NXT UK Title was one of the things stolen which is really stupid since it's not like you can sell that and be slick about it.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yes, the WWE posted it right before I did. Hopefully Harper goes to AEW since they need some bigger guys. No idea what will happen with the Ascension or Sin Cara. I saw that the NXT UK Title was one of the things stolen which is really stupid since it's not like you can sell that and be slick about it.

Right?! I always wondered that about theft. If the item is recognizable, who would buy it, knowing they can get caught easily. 

I hope Harper does well, wherever he goes. Very talented. And when WWE see that, they can beg him back.