IGNORED

Pro Wrestling thread

CodysGameRoom

11 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Right?! I always wondered that about theft. If the item is recognizable, who would buy it, knowing they can get caught easily. 

I hope Harper does well, wherever he goes. Very talented. And when WWE see that, they can beg him back. 

AEW could use Harper. Maybe he could join the Dark Order and make that interesting. He's almost 40 so he needs to maximize whatever opportunity he can get because the WWE totally dropped the ball on the guy. Maybe he could go to New Japan? I don't know what it is with wrestlers getting their titles stolen although I think Jericho actually left his at Longhorn Steakhouse then someone took it. Jericho and Hurricane Helms got arrested for being drunk in a cab here in Cincy a few years back, so maybe he had a little too much of the bubbly. I'm surprised @SuperJimtendo hasn't gotten a bottle since Jericho is selling his own champagne now.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

57 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

AEW could use Harper. Maybe he could join the Dark Order and make that interesting. He's almost 40 so he needs to maximize whatever opportunity he can get because the WWE totally dropped the ball on the guy. Maybe he could go to New Japan? I don't know what it is with wrestlers getting their titles stolen although I think Jericho actually left his at Longhorn Steakhouse then someone took it. Jericho and Hurricane Helms got arrested for being drunk in a cab here in Cincy a few years back, so maybe he had a little too much of the bubbly. I'm surprised @SuperJimtendo hasn't gotten a bottle since Jericho is selling his own champagne now.

Lashley and EC3 went to impact, and were used well. Let's hope Harper gets the same treatment. 

4 hours ago, DarkTone said:

So is it better to leave and never come back, or leave and come back bigger?

Based on recent memory, it seems like guys that leave and do better should stay where they were. The ones that leave and come back seem to just get lost in the shuffle and never get major pushes.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:41 PM, SuperJimtendo said:

In the same day that the nWo is announced for the hall of fame. They release a table for 3 with Jeff Jarrett, Sting and Aj Styles discussing tna. Is that an odd coincidence of timing or a weird flex by Vince showing "hey look at my last competition " to ol aedubs?

They tape those in advance so I wouldn't read into it. I don't believe Vince ever took TNA seriously as competition because they never were, even when they brought in Hogan and Flair trying to go head to head with the WWE.

@Bearcat-Doug

Last PPV of the year is kind of a throwaway usually, but there might be a few highlights:

Need to find out how the RooRoo/Lana/Lashly love triangle plays out

Man/Queen vs Kabuki Warriors should go all out and be a riot

Wyatt vs Miz has had a good build and interested to see what happened to Daniel Bryan

Edited by fox

Time   for an old geezer story!

When I was in high school I used to play in a lot of chess tournaments.  A lot of those tournaments were held in a large meeting room situated in the elegeant (well that might be exaggerating a tad) Calhoun Beach Manor which, not surprisingly perhaps, located on the sparkling (a bit, well a lot, more exaggeration here) shores of Calhoun Lake in the marvelous (you know what goes here don't you - the big E) city of Minneapolis.

Located on the top floors of the Calhoun Beach Manor were the studios of WTCN channel 11 - the independent  tv station in the area..  One of its big time attractions were the AWA televised matches - which were recorded in the Calhoun Beach Manor.  Part of the deal were really cheesy ads for Verne Gagne's Gera-Speed.

Between rounds (and depending when they  were recording) we would go up and join in the rowdy audience (this was free since they needed bodies to fill the audience).  The funny thing was that some of the wrestlers would come down and watch the chess matches when they were done recording.  Unlike our rowdy antics up there they were very quite and well behaved.

Just an odd little nugget from the Tellurian archives.

Edited by Wandering Tellurian
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fox said:

@Bearcat-Doug

Last PPV of the year is kind of a throwaway usually, but there might be a few highlights:

Need to find out how the RooRoo/Lana/Lashly love triangle plays out

Man/Queen vs Kabuki Warriors should go all out and be a riot

Wyatt vs Miz has had a good build and interested to see what happened to Daniel Bryan

Yeah it sucks, but I power through them for the guys in this thread that actually want to here my inside take on them.

23 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Best and worst 2019 Wrestling moment?

I would have to go with AEW Dynamite debuting as the closest thing there's been to a true WWE alternative since WCW for the best moment. For the worst moment I'm going with the current Rusev/Lana/Lashley storyline. I don't know what the payoff is supposed to be since they already had a match at TLC and there's a Lana/Lashley "wedding" now, but this storyline has been so bad, I just wish it would end.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, fox said:

Yes.  Unclear if the title is on the line or what would happen if he won, but he will be #1 in the rumble

My guess is that Lesnar makes it to the final two and gets eliminated by the winner to set up a feud since he's never around enough to build up a storyline. Anytime I try to apply logic to the WWE I usually end up being wrong, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the Rumble and tries to use that as a reason not to defend the title at WrestleMania only to be put in a match against a last second opponent without any real build to make the match interesting.

On 12/29/2019 at 5:10 PM, MaarioS said:

Has anyone played WWE 2k20?? Not that I care for new games anyway, however as I could see this looks completely like abysmal and is full of errors, even after 40GB+ update apparently. This is just absurd that anything like this can even see the official light of day in (almost) 2020, just what's going on

Funny enough, WWE 2K19 was literally the worst game I've every bought for Switch.  It was legit unplayable, no idea why they released such a horrible product, froze constantly and everything was slowed down like it was not tweaked/calibrated/tested for Switch.  Sold it to Loxx for $20 shortly after last year.  Was really tempted to get WWE 2K20 for the PS4, but sounds like a redbox weekend at most...

56 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

My guess is that Lesnar makes it to the final two and gets eliminated by the winner to set up a feud since he's never around enough to build up a storyline. Anytime I try to apply logic to the WWE I usually end up being wrong, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the Rumble and tries to use that as a reason not to defend the title at WrestleMania only to be put in a match against a last second opponent without any real build to make the match interesting.

Bingo - I'm pulling for Braun but guessing they are on different brands (I never remember to watch Smackdown I think Friday nights are a terrible spot).

Edited by Boosted52405

17 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Bingo - I'm pulling for Braun but guessing they are on different brands (I never remember to watch Smackdown I think Friday nights are a terrible spot).

Since there usually isn't anything else on Friday nights, that's how I remember to watch it. I'm not sure what days it's on, but they do air replays on FS1. If I miss it live I just read the results the next day since both shows are barely worth watching.