IGNORED

Pro Wrestling thread

CodysGameRoom

10 minutes ago, Estil said:

For Rocky's sake I hope wrestling IS fake!! >_<  It's a good thing by this point Rocky is really rich because at 4:47 he's gonna need a DAMN good chiropractor!!!

They should have had a Hulk Hogan vs Rocky match before that Hogan/Zeus match from No Holds Barred. WCW had Robocop save Sting from the Four Horsemen so it couldn't have been any worse.

Unfortunately I am completely off the wagon. I'm not even following what happens online anymore. For years all I watched was NXT and some PPVs and then AEW grabbed my attention but over the last two months I've just stopped altogether. I will be watching the Royal Rumble though for traditions sake.

17 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Unfortunately I am completely off the wagon. I'm not even following what happens online anymore. For years all I watched was NXT and some PPVs and then AEW grabbed my attention but over the last two months I've just stopped altogether. I will be watching the Royal Rumble though for traditions sake.

If I miss a show I just read the recap. I'm not sitting through of 2-3 hours watching it on demand. I still wish they would take Raw back to 2 hours. I watched it up until the main event to see who the mystery partner was and when it was the Big Show, I turned it off.

6 hours ago, Boosted52405 said:

Bingo - I'm pulling for Braun but guessing they are on different brands (I never remember to watch Smackdown I think Friday nights are a terrible spot).

If I got a say he would be eliminated by entrant #30 CM Punk. Punk finally gets his WrestleMania main event and the Heyman guy vs Heyman guy storyline writes itself. Make Paul torn as to which guy to back. Will he back Lesnar, then cost him the title to join back up with Punk? It writes itself. If only the WWE would give me a job. I'd do it for free and make wrestling fun again.

Oh hai fellow marks. I've been a big wrestling fan on and off for many years, tho I've been keeping up for last couple years pretty well.

I really dig AEW vs NXT. Wednesday is far and away the best pro wrestling anywhere imo, even with the 5+ star rated matches NJPW regularly puts out.

Also really been enjoying NWA Powerrr, though it's legs really got kicked out from underneath it by Old Man Cornette. Thankfully it's seemingly bounced back and arguably improved with the addition of Wade Barrett Stu Bennett.

Y'all's picks on who is going to finally dethrone Chris Jericho as Le Champion of AEW?

10 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Vince didnt like Joe because he was overweight (despite being incredible in the ring). If this guy gets called up and gets different treatment, that's bollocks. 

Joe also has been injured a ton and slowed down a lot.  He is still one of the best mic workers and he was even ok on commentary.  Seems he is on the verge of a face turn and the crowd are always behind him.  Feels like they see him as a solid upper mid-carder.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Vince is a body guy. Unless there are rare exceptions like Yoko. Cant see this keith guy going far.

I agree with you. Vince loves bodybuilders. Even Yoko only lasted a few months, his last couple years he wasn't doing anything. Bray Wyatt will probably get blamed for the current fan apathy and be done soon. Fat guys never get anywhere in WWE.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I agree with you. Vince loves bodybuilders. Even Yoko only lasted a few months, his last couple years he wasn't doing anything. Bray Wyatt will probably get blamed for the current fan apathy and be done soon. Fat guys never get anywhere in WWE.

You just reminded me. Wyatt and Owens were champs at the same time. The roly poly era.

6 hours ago, fox said:

Joe also has been injured a ton and slowed down a lot.  He is still one of the best mic workers and he was even ok on commentary.  Seems he is on the verge of a face turn and the crowd are always behind him.  Feels like they see him as a solid upper mid-carder.

This. Vince tends to looks unfavourably towards wrestlers who are "injury prone" then he does those who are "too short" or "overweight". Also doesn't mean they don't see the value in him otherwise he would just get outright ignored.

5 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Vince is a body guy. Unless there are rare exceptions like Yoko. Cant see this keith guy going far.

To an extent. Again, plenty of exceptions and frankly I see overall size/height getting further then whether they're a bit chubby... and Keith is pretty tall lol

15 hours ago, B.A. said:

Umm...what about the GOAT Sexual Chocolate?  Didn't he pull in Hogan ratings...wait a minute maybe not.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:51 AM, DarkTone said:

True. But they are given opportunities. Brain has a great physique so he gets pushed, but he lacks something meaning main event status but no title. Joe has a poor physique so hes looked down on by management. Despite being a beast in the ring. 

And so has Joe. He's challenged for the top title several times, and pretty consistently been in the main event scene. The only argument for him being "burried" at all is that weird streak where he kept getting pinned via roll-up by like, everyone lol. Even then he was still consistently being featured.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, Boosted52405 said:

Umm...what about the GOAT Sexual Chocolate?  Didn't he pull in Hogan ratings...wait a minute maybe not.

🙃 Oh yes ofc (real talk his "retirement" angle and Hall of Pain were pretty great)

3 hours ago, DarkTone said:

The new favourite to win. 

20200114_094234.png

Definitely. Will go on to squash Lesnar at mania 😂

2 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

My buddy asked me who in my opinion was the most popular of all times. He said he had to be Hogan. I think stone cold was more red hot than Hogan was. Hard to say really. Shoot them opinions.

During his peak? I think so, Nowadays not so much. Though its tough as the height of Hulkamania and the Attitude Era were very different beasts, though NWO Hollywood Hogan was also pretty good too. Honestly between the two I'd say neither and present the Rock, who is still ultra stupidly popular, and has undeniably transcended Pro Wrestling.

3 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

My buddy asked me who in my opinion was the most popular of all times. He said he had to be Hogan. I think stone cold was more red hot than Hogan was. Hard to say really. Shoot them opinions.

I would say Austin personally I'm pretty sure I read somewhere some raw numbers on how much each drew and whatnot and even accounting for inflation Austin still pulled ahead.

On a side note Anyone else watching NWA? I think it's my show of choice at this point. Low key and short enough for a quick watch. Interesting they brought Scott Steiner in.

I still haven't watched any nwa. Got a customer that's all about it.he wears a nwa title pin on his hat and is a big cornette fan/advocate. Tells me every time that they never should let corny go. 

I haven't been watching much Anything lately but got tickets to aew in March pretty excited for that and also having a rumble get together. 

Got a couple weeks to catch up on. 

Its absolutely Hulk Hogan.  Period.  I was and still am a huge Austin fan, but most people who dont watch wrestling will know Hulk Hogan but not Austin.  Anyway I love the NWA.  I can't imagine Aldis not being the champ.  He looks like a world champ.  Ric Flair 2.0.  Ric is better on the mic and more entertaining (my personal fav) but I get strong 85/86 vibes from Aldis that I really dig.  And I wasn't even watching wrestling then, I was 2 yrs old haha.

I'd say Austin was more popular over a short period of time and helped WWE reestablish a level of dominance, but Hogan's popularity I am not sure can be matched as it was a revolutionary type of craze back in the day that laid the foundation of what WWE and most of it's competitors are today.  I just think we are desensitized to Hogan as he's hung around and has been used for decades in various capacities diluting the perception of his popularity.

Just my thoughts...and for most popular group would we go with DX?