IGNORED

Members who are MIA

austin532

Haven't seen @Nostalgic Machine in almost a year. I remember he made the Mega Man 2 is overrated topic on NintendoAge (which I appreciated) and we talked a little, but then he left, then came back, and then NintendoAge...well, you know. I know he joined Video Game Sage and remember him posting last year, but haven't seen him in quite a while.

I also remember Bert/Nert and Loxx...didn't really get along with the latter on NintendoAge.

Graphics Team · Posted
21 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Haven't seen @Nostalgic Machine in almost a year. I remember he made the Mega Man 2 is overrated topic on NintendoAge (which I appreciated) and we talked a little, but then he left, then came back, and then NintendoAge...well, you know. I know he joined Video Game Sage and remember him posting last year, but haven't seen him in quite a while.

I also remember Bert/Nert and Loxx...didn't really get along with the latter on NintendoAge.

I'm still here mang 😁 just changed my name

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Generic said:

I always think about @Bronty. I would chat with him here and there in regard to comics and comic art (mostly through messages at NA and CGC). He popped into VGS earlier this year to ask a question, then he slipped back into the shadows……

He's pretty active in the art group on Facebook if you have that.

25 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Bert/Nert is now Bort, and Loxx got banned from here pretty early on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, RH said:

There was also @GoldeneyeGamer.  Looks like he joined in April last year and his last appearance on the site was almost a year ago in June.

He seemed like a cool guy, and I think I might have traded with him a few times.

36 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I remember liking him.

Lol, I ISOed myself.  Looks like I asked the same question back in October.  I think primarily remember him because he had one of those Trade Up threads.  He started with a cheap game and wanted to trade up to something super expensive.  Maybe it was Stadium Events but I feel like it was for the SNES.

@CZroe very sorry to hear about the hardships you and you bro are facing! Genuine sympathies for both of you! 😢

I will always be grateful for the work you did for me on my two babies...

received_454786788634694.thumb.jpeg.751bdb3ff607dcea81e68fdea9d4b4c5.jpeg

I do my best to honour you by playing them both as often as I can! 😊

Here's to better fortune for you both moving forward, fuck 2020 AND 2021, eh! 😉

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 7:07 PM, Hammerfestus said:

I think it’s made kind of sad by how immediately they made their intentions clear.

I still don't know what they got out of it. A ruined website with frozen database? A tarnished web domain? I have no idea what the jewel was in that purchase. Or did they really want to buy the site and then run it on a new platform, thinking everybody would just go along with...whatever they had to offer (I honestly still don't know).

This has me curious too if anyone has a guide to the various other forums in which people discuss classic games. I don't know anything about Facebook or other social media, but I hear lately about people making transactions on FB marketplace or elsewhere that are much more amenable than those seen on online marketplaces.

44 minutes ago, koifish said:

I still don't know what they got out of it. A ruined website with frozen database? A tarnished web domain? I have no idea what the jewel was in that purchase. Or did they really want to buy the site and then run it on a new platform, thinking everybody would just go along with...whatever they had to offer (I honestly still don't know).

This has me curious too if anyone has a guide to the various other forums in which people discuss classic games. I don't know anything about Facebook or other social media, but I hear lately about people making transactions on FB marketplace or elsewhere that are much more amenable than those seen on online marketplaces.

They said they wanted the information to help identify variants, understand populations/rarity of games, gaming trends, etc.  Honestly I think the main thing they were after was Dain's entire physical game collection.  From what I understand, NA was just tossed in on top of everything else as an after thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

They said they wanted the information to help identify variants, understand populations/rarity of games, gaming trends, etc.  Honestly I think the main thing they were after was Dain's entire physical game collection.  From what I understand, NA was just tossed in on top of everything else as an after thought.

Correct. Dain didnt want to have to deal with it anymore, he stopped caring about games and got really into running. Perfect clean break for him. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Shags said:

I am not I sold off a lot of my collection in 2012, still collecting famicom, just at a much slower pace

That is something I can understand. I am doing something similar with Dragon Quest. Just nothing tied to the Famicom or Super Famicom eras, as my earliest pieces are GBC😅

And I also wish you luck. 1,053 licensed titles (I guess includes package variants) is not a small task to tackle! 🍺🙂

1 minute ago, FenrirZero said:

That is something I can understand. I am doing something similar with Dragon Quest. Just nothing tied to the Famicom or Super Famicom eras, as my earliest pieces are GBC😅

And I also wish you luck. 1,053 licensed titles (I guess includes package variants) is not a small task to tackle! 🍺🙂

It's really not but if you go at it with smaller goals i.e. publisher/developer collections it makes it seem not so overwhelming

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shags said:

It's really not but if you go at it with smaller goals i.e. publisher/developer collections it makes it seem not so overwhelming

I cannot agree more. The grading end of my collection went from me wondering what series to get next to wondering which of the remaining Dragon Quest titles I own should be graded. And I am finding that a feeling like that is far better than just collecting for the sake of collecting. 🙂

Graphics Team · Posted
4 hours ago, koifish said:

Speaking of, I haven't seen you, bort, in what feels like forever. Was worried you had dropped off too. Glad to see you here! I do miss your old user icon though 😄

Thanks! Yeah just been trying really hard lately to get a new job. Also was spending a lot of free time finishing the home page for VGS. I try to pop in once in a while though. I'll be more active once I do find a job 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

I didn't realize Dain had sold them his collection too, or is that just a joke?

• Like 2