IGNORED

Members who are MIA

austin532

5 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

https://www.watagames.com/learn/blog/post/the-carolina-collection/

Um, that might be the only time I link that site. So enjoy.

Wow, I guess money really is the root of all evil! 😄

Also, this is the first time I've seen this website (heard the name before), and whoever it was that wrote this article, he really seems like he's up his own ass. I agree, no need to go someplace like that!

• Love 3

2 hours ago, koifish said:

Wow, I guess money really is the root of all evil! 😄

Also, this is the first time I've seen this website (heard the name before), and whoever it was that wrote this article, he really seems like he's up his own ass. I agree, no need to go someplace like that!

Unironically called himself “The Evil Overlord” since before I joined the site.

Honestly we should have seen it coming 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not exactly sure that I would call Dain one of the fathers of video game collecting. Yeah he started a site and built a database, but the users ultimately filled it in. He was asking for scans back in the day for the project from other users of various forums while still using the Giskard name. So while he did contribute towards things, he will never be a true pioneer or what not compared to folks like Mike Etler, imo anyways.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

I'm not exactly sure that I would call Dain one of the fathers of video game collecting. Yeah he started a site and built a database, but the users ultimately filled it in. He was asking for scans back in the day for the project from other users of various forums while still using the Giskard name. So while he did contribute towards things, he will never be a true pioneer or what not compared to folks like Mike Etler, imo anyways.

He did little for the database outside of NES, I did a majority of anything Japanese for the database, and I know a few other people really helped with filling in other consoles.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Shags said:

He did little for the database outside of NES, I did a majority of anything Japanese for the database, and I know a few other people really helped with filling in other consoles.

I really appreciate the effort you had put in 🙂

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...