IGNORED

Members who are MIA

austin532

Yeah they're around, I got my N64 ultra modded too before VGS was up and running, or at least before I was aware of it at least.  They do I believe also use atari age and a few other places on top of that shmup board mentioned so they do get their hands full with those group mod bundles and the rest.

Administrator · Posted
14 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

True story: I need glasses and haven’t wore them since middle school...I’m approaching 20 years of not looking like a nerd (ignoring my game collecting, dressing, social life, life goals, and ability to not dance)

Contact lenses.   I've been wearing them for almost 27 years now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Contact lenses.   I've been wearing them for almost 27 years now.

I've been wearing my contacts for almost the exact same amount of time.  I was in 4th grade when I started wearing them.  I started wearing glasses in 2nd grade and I was by far the earliest in my class, and therefor the only one wearing glasses.  My parents very rarely splurged on things back then, and I was extremely surprised they were willing to pay for contacts, but I was always thankful because to this day, I HATE wearing glasses.  

On 7/12/2020 at 11:16 AM, ThePhleo said:

Joel hasn’t made it over, or Dain 😞

In all seriousness though, I think B.A is missing, and I haven’t seen @Bronty post in a while except in a few select threads.

Id say about a third of the active community is MIA, but in reality moved over mostly to Instagram and partially to Facebook.

Shame really, I can tell GoCollect really just wanted to make a business out of the ordeal and didn’t realize the community was very tight knit...I personally place all blame on Dain himself for the splintering of the NA community and the loss of the NA Database, it’ll take a decade to replace just the Brazilian and Pirate section of the NES database alone.

GoCollect might have disrupted things, but they’re just a business. I have no idea why Dain decided to piss in everyone’s cheerios.

Dan is pretty heavily active in a few Facebook groups, some of which I think were both in. 😉 

Moderator · Posted
6 minutes ago, The Count said:

Did Euripides ever make it over? That guy was the best.

I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this, but (sob) Euripides has been dead for almost 2,500 years.

Anyhoo, it says on NA he’s visited a couple of times since the handover, so I’m sure he’s aware of this place.

On 7/12/2020 at 10:37 PM, Jeevan said:

is this the shmup board guy?  if so i am getting one from him as soon as the ultras ship.

Yeah man he's on the shmup board. The batch I was in had people from shmup, reddit, NA, and Facebook. They do excellent work btw. I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. 

Also @LaytToTheParty seems to have ironically letf the party early as well. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of it just has to do with a lot of us are all grown up now and priorities are changing.  I know I myself don’t collect as much anymore, saving up to buy a house and get married now.  Also I think the collecting landscape has changed a lot.  Hunting for games isn’t as fun or easy as it used to be.  Most everything moved to Facebook groups, which I don’t really like the format to deal with buying things, and you’re lucky if you find anything for a good price on eBay these days.  I’m gonna hold off for another 10 years when nobody cares about NES and Gameboy anymore and get things cheap.  We have nothing but time in essence. 😂

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

What an idiot.

Heh.

On a related note, I think the NA forums are officially done. You can't log in or post there anymore. Not that there was any sort of actual membership left, but the fact that the two most active posters were obnoxious trolls might have had something to do with it.

3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Heh.

On a related note, I think the NA forums are officially done. You can't log in or post there anymore. Not that there was any sort of actual membership left, but the fact that the two most active posters were obnoxious trolls might have had something to do with it.

Awww man, maybe I'll message Jeffers and see if he'll reconsider.

5 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Heh.

Look, I've tried to be a good step dad to him but it's that's the case he will not be getting any presents this year for Christmas.

34 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Good luck. The dude made like two posts about a year ago regarding the purchase and then never responded to any questions or complaints since.

Apparently I was the recipient of the only PM he ever sent on NA.   Maybe I should have gotten that thing graded!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Apparently I was the recipient of the only PM he ever sent on NA.   Maybe I should have gotten that thing graded!

That’s cool and all, but can you make @The Sage speak? I am responsible for half of his written wisdom.

In all seriousness, The fact that Dain never reached out to you guys, and the fact that I still see his face in other high end collectors photos at dinner tables tells me that no matter how much money you offered him the answer would have been NO.

Theres more to the sale of NA than just the sale of NA and some of Dain’s rare collectibles and integrity as a community leader.

• Like 1