IGNORED

Members who are MIA

austin532

Well shit. I concede. 
VGS isn’t AS bad as other Internet forums... and not quiet the cesspool I might have made it out to be. My username was given to me by my sister when we were kids, so there’s that. I guess I just need to calm down a bit and not let stuff bother me. 
It is what it is I suppose. 

Now to get this thread back to where it was... What ever happened to that @empireguy? He still a mod ? He never posts. 

• Like 3

I vanished for a few months (nobody wondered lol) but mostly just devoted myself to work and have been buying lots of DVD boxsets. Just finished off Rick & Morty Season 4, and am about halfway through the series 'Review' from Comedy Central which is a way better show than I initially gave it credit for five years ago when it was airing

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

Is there a need for this? Everyone that joined VGS started off here with a clean slate... let's keep it that way.

Agreed. Others (including myself) have chosen to return with new account names. And probably did so as a way to have an anonymous clean slate. So while there was at least one ban that is tied to NA, everybody deserves a new chance. 👍

On 10/18/2020 at 11:35 AM, trj22487 said:

I vanished for a few months (nobody wondered lol) but mostly just devoted myself to work and have been buying lots of DVD boxsets. Just finished off Rick & Morty Season 4, and am about halfway through the series 'Review' from Comedy Central which is a way better show than I initially gave it credit for five years ago when it was airing

Hey, I noticed you were gone but I can never remember your user I'd, so I couldn't ask. And that's not a joke.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 9:20 PM, Tulpa said:

CZroe and Ichinsan were gone a fair amount of time before NA collapsed. In fact, I remember one of them, Ichinisan I think, being MIA for several months.

I only noticed because they were such prolific posters, and then one stopped posting one day, and then the other sometime after. No explanation, they just disappeared into cyberspace.

Thanks for thinking of us.

We had a series of unfortunate events even after the direct lightning strike in early 2019 that took out Ichinisan’s car and more. Everything from a summer with no AC to a basement flood to Fall with no heat to my dog nearly dying from undiagnosed diabetes that emptied our bank accounts and maxed out our CareCredit to a winter with no hot water and now a direct hit from the strongest part of an EF-4 tornado that ruined the house and carried off my car before crushing it under a tree and injuring me in the same deadly aftermath that claimed a neighbor’s life.

Ichinisan can’t even charge his car at the temporary home he’s been displaced to and our collection is spread out over multiple storage units, workshops, and homes... including the tornado-damaged one that is literally a revolving door of contractors and subcontractors. Even if they are honest, they’ve caused far more damage to the collection than the tornado did, including flooding my Neo Geo games when they demolished the bathrooms and then turned the water back on (!). What’s worse is that the landlord intends to sell once it is rebuilt and I literally have no safe place for my collection, so huge parts of it have to go... if not all. As soon as we got some lights and Internet in the new workshop we started listing things for sale only for that to grind to a halt when my dog was hit by a car at the end of May. It’s already cost me another $2,700 and the CareCredit has been maxed since his diabetic episode back in October.

Despite all the memes about 2020 being the worst, 2021 takes the cake for me by far. Every time it seems like we are making progress toward digging ourselves out something happens to set us back. I still have thousand of dollars of medical bills from the MRI and physical therapy and orthopedic surgeon and I still can’t use my right arm well enough to help move, install lights, set up the new workshop, etc.

I believe we originally took a short break from the forum to process the current round of UltraHDMI back then. I recall coming back and passing on a JoyTech Control Center to someone who was looking for a Pelican System Selector 2 (same thing) then being caught off-guard with the Nintendo Age transition or whatever that was. Not sure if I was posting or just dealing through PMs but I was there. I found the remote to his switch months later and had to track him down on another forum. I didn’t even know about GameSages for months and, even then, everything else happening meant I didn’t have time to sign up for more forums. :( Only reason I can justify it now is to let people know that the majority of my collection is slowly being listed for sale on eBay.

It couldn’t have happened at a worse time since we were in the middle of distributing the first 530 UltraHDMI HW2 kits when the tornado hit. That whole UltraHDMI group buy round has been almost totally paralyzed by every little setback and now N64Digital is right around the corner.

Yeah, it’s been an uphill battle. My last day off was spent trying to get tires for my brother’s car since his were down to the cords even though they only had 43k miles on them. They only had a 40k mile warranty (of course). Something is clearly wrong for the car to be doing that to his tires but we just have to get new ones and deal with that later. My day off ended I didn’t even get that done because we got a screw in the tire and got stranded. What luck! When my brother tried to get the tires a couple days later the dealer had already sold them to someone else.

Oh yeah: I haven’t even done my taxes thanks to the tornado ruining/losing my documents and bureaucracy with getting replacements. Can’t even tell if I’m supposed to get a refund after being on unemployment for the COVID-19 lockdown so I might owe with penalties for being late. ...and then there is the fiasco just before the tornado with a new roommate being a junky but I won’t go into all that.

• Wow! 3
  • Sad 3