IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

Has anyone shipped in a speedrun and turbo together and have only received the speedrun tiered games, but not the turbo ones yet?  Long story short because the games in these tiers were bundled up together and shipped, WATA placed them under a single order # and when I view the completed orders, that same order # says it's shipped.  Of course not everything is shipped because my turbos are still with them and when I asked if they can split those orders up and put them in a separate order # so it's not to be confused with the "shipped" status, they said they couldn't do it and that when there is new movement, they will automatically be placed in the open orders tab.  

It's concerning to me because I have not seen a single change since my speedruns were shipped months ago.  I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and wanted if WATA did in fact separate the pending ones from the shipped ones and maybe created a separate work order for them or have the same order # and just placed under the open orders tab. 

31 minutes ago, SAM-I-AM said:

Does anybody know what the current turnaround times are for SpeedRun? I am a little bit confused is there only a delay on DVD case games? Or is everything delayed right now. From what I've been seeing people on Instagram have been getting back their box games pretty quick.

Would estimate 5-6 months for speed run if you are sending in now. Mine are in post grading and sitting at 4+ months currently (non DVD games). My DVD game order actually shipped earlier than non DVD games.

• Agree 1

Hey everyone, just thought I should share my recent email response from Wata customer service,

"Thanks for expressing your concerns, and I'm really sorry about the long wait. We realize communication has been as far behind as our grading services, and I sincerely apologize for that. The extreme order volume has produced a lot of customer concern, and our customer service team is working our way through them as quickly as we can. 
To provide some clarity, I want to explain the cause of the delays and assure you your order is still safe and in line in the order it was received. We have been experiencing delays due to order volume, a concentrated effort to clear the backlog of Select and Turbo orders from the surge during Covid, and multiple shipping delays caused by the port backups. We know many other companies are experiencing the same delays due to ships not being able to get into port and being sent back before they reach the docks. Because of this, we have been periodically running out of the parts we need to be able to encapsulate games. This creates a backlog, which compounds our wait times. Your games are safely held at our facility while we do everything possible to resolve each of these issues, and we are processing as many orders as we are able in the order they were received, to try to keep everything fair to all of our customers. We are processing orders by tier, because of the cost of the priority service purchased, but all of our tiers are currently behind the estimates. We are informing customers as often and as accurately as we can, but we are proving unable to give accurate ETAs, since so much of this is outside of our control. To keep shipping running smoothly, we are unable to expedite orders or move anyone's place in line. Again, I'm very sorry for the wait, but I hope this information provides some clarity and assurance."

Do with this information what you like, just though it was worth sharing.

• Eyeroll 1

I had a gut feeling I wouldn't get my games back in Sept. Now it seems I won't be getting them back by X-mas.

This may seem unimportant right now but Wata should rename there service levels to match the TAT more accurately. SpeedRun - "when a collection can’t live without." They should rephrase this too. Next, add 2 more service levels. Finally, continue hiring new employees for every position.

Edited by AnimalHouse

On 9/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, Caliboy24 said:

Has anyone shipped in a speedrun and turbo together and have only received the speedrun tiered games, but not the turbo ones yet?  Long story short because the games in these tiers were bundled up together and shipped, WATA placed them under a single order # and when I view the completed orders, that same order # says it's shipped.  Of course not everything is shipped because my turbos are still with them and when I asked if they can split those orders up and put them in a separate order # so it's not to be confused with the "shipped" status, they said they couldn't do it and that when there is new movement, they will automatically be placed in the open orders tab.  

It's concerning to me because I have not seen a single change since my speedruns were shipped months ago.  I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and wanted if WATA did in fact separate the pending ones from the shipped ones and maybe created a separate work order for them or have the same order # and just placed under the open orders tab. 

Just to follow-up, WATA has placed that order into "open" now and is currently in post-grading.  Yippee!!! Another 6 months left to go.

So I just got another response from WATA, I had sent an email asking why they had allowed so many issues to get out of hand and they said this.

"I'm saying the situation is largely out of our control, but that we're working to resolve it, and that your order is safe and prioritized. Please watch your dash for updates.

Thanks,

The Wata Team"

I think its pretty amazing that they said the situation was out of their control when they decided to keep accepting submissions even though they clearly were already way behind over a year ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, SAM-I-AM said:

Has anybody received their WATA SpeedRun submission from May or June?

The healthiest thing I can suggest to you, again, is to stop checking consistently if your order has been updated and just give it time. I had 2 orders take over a year (they still have 1). If you forget about it, you can be surprised when the shipping email finally drops in your inbox. 

For something I had no control over whatsoever, it felt right to not spent any mental capacity on it. Just my 2 cents 🙃

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/8/2021 at 5:32 AM, SAM-I-AM said:

I had a dream last night WATA sent me a email saying all my games are going to arrive Monday October 11, 2021 I'll update you guys if my dream comes true LOL....

The probability is high that dreams are shattered on this particular thread. So the trick is not to dream.

• Agree 1