IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

Hey guys, looking to see if any of you have sent anything in to be graded recently. I know WATA got caught up on orders but have heard from a few that since this Covid ordeal, they have gotten pretty far behind again. Was just wondering (if late) how late has your recent orders been or have they been on time? Thanks.

I don't know if people watch the little 4 icon progression thing like I do on the website (waiting/opened/grading/something else?), but I was wondering if anyone knew expected times from the "grading" category. Seeing as how things are behind, I'm assuming the answer will be no, but even getting estimates based on what people have already experienced might be helpful.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 3:06 PM, a3quit4s said:

No personal experience but the higher level tiers still have asterisks staying the times are estimates. The standard tier says 180 days! Someone posted here not that long ago that they had paid but they never received the where to ship to email. 

It was me. They finally contacted me . It appears they had a bug in the system but i finally was able to ship. My new order was placed june 18 i paid for Turbo. It still in "scanning" status 

1 hour ago, Mijael said:

It was me. They finally contacted me . It appears they had a bug in the system but i finally was able to ship. My new order was placed june 18 i paid for Turbo. It still in "scanning" status 

Is that still within their SLA or are they behind? Was the turbo service an extra up charge?

edit: a better way to word that question - is turbo an expedited service?

Edited by a3quit4s

17 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Is that still within their SLA or are they behind? Was the turbo service an extra up charge?

edit: a better way to word that question - is turbo an expedited service?

Turbo is like a stardard time . 30 business days they say . I paid $75 for each CIB game 

Edited by Mijael
  • Confused 1

I sent a bunch of games turbo on friday 7-17, they received and scanned them in on monday 7-20. Now the wait begins 😪

Edit: I forgot to add I got an email from them yesterday 7-22..... So theres that 

Dear Wata Subscribers...

We are currently integrating a series of new systems and stations into our process in order to better serve your needs moving forward and improve the process for all of our customers. As such, we may not be able to honor the guaranteed / posted turnaround times during this transition. Turnarounds will be completed based on priority as orders will continue to be processed and completed respective to their submission tier. 

Please bear with us while we make these necessary improvements.

As always, we thank you for your patronage and patience while we expand so that we can support you better.

Sincerely,
The Wata Team 

Edited by Calan87

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 6:01 AM, Calan87 said:

I sent a bunch of games turbo on friday 7-17, they received and scanned them in on monday 7-20. Now the wait begins 😪

Edit: I forgot to add I got an email from them yesterday 7-22..... So theres that 

Dear Wata Subscribers...

We are currently integrating a series of new systems and stations into our process in order to better serve your needs moving forward and improve the process for all of our customers. As such, we may not be able to honor the guaranteed / posted turnaround times during this transition. Turnarounds will be completed based on priority as orders will continue to be processed and completed respective to their submission tier. 

Please bear with us while we make these necessary improvements.

As always, we thank you for your patronage and patience while we expand so that we can support you better.

Sincerely,
The Wata Team 

Edit: today (8-12) pre grading photos have been uploaded. Keeping this up to date for anyone wondering if they’re behind. 

Edited by Calan87

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, hopefully this is a good report.  I shipped out my very first game for grading around 12/4 or 12/5.  They've received it and it's in "Grading" status.

@3rdStrongestMole Has asked the same question I have now, how long might it sit in the Grading status before it's finished and shipped?

I say this might be good news because if that typically takes a week or two at that point in the process, then I have been rather lucky.  I used the bottom-tier turn around time because I'm in no rush to get this thing fast.  However, I was surprised to see it was in the "Grading" phase.

That, or is this the status it sits in while it's on the shelf in inventory, waiting to be picked up in the queue.  Oh well, if that's the case, then I might be waiting another 3-4 months.  I am fine with that, but I'm hoping their back log might be emptying a bit considering that all mail seems to be going super-slow now for they past 2 months.  Maybe that means there's been a slow down in games to grade and they are catching up?

Anyone have any thoughts or experience to contribute on this?  This is new territory for me.

@RH 

If you chose select, you're looking at 6 months + likely on turnaround time.  They may have scanned it in accidentally.  Turbo is taking about 60 business days with maybe a few extra days for finalization and shipping.  Speed runs are pretty on point for 15 business days with maybe one or two extra days to get into a FedEx truck and on its way I've found the last few.  Warp Zone, I'm sure they are always on top of given the high dollar amount.  

I personally am happy to see them halt to re-evaluate their processes and hopefully simultaneously get caught up a little bit so they can get everything squared away for the new year.  I am also hoping they can permanently open up the DS / 3DS category soon too as I know I've seen a few pop up here and there but it is so short lived.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, acidjaguar said:

@RH 

If you chose select, you're looking at 6 months + likely on turnaround time.  They may have scanned it in accidentally.  Turbo is taking about 60 business days with maybe a few extra days for finalization and shipping.  Speed runs are pretty on point for 15 business days with maybe one or two extra days to get into a FedEx truck and on its way I've found the last few.  Warp Zone, I'm sure they are always on top of given the high dollar amount.  

I personally am happy to see them halt to re-evaluate their processes and hopefully simultaneously get caught up a little bit so they can get everything squared away for the new year.  I am also hoping they can permanently open up the DS / 3DS category soon too as I know I've seen a few pop up here and there but it is so short lived.  

Is that so?!  I think I saw that it was open a while ago (over a year) and I was about to pull the trigger on my copy of Solatorobo.  I don't know why I didn't.  Maybe other people were submitting to many large or odd shaped boxes and they had to return them, and that would have been expensive refunding all of those and paying shipping to return them.

7 hours ago, RH said:

Well, hopefully this is a good report.  I shipped out my very first game for grading around 12/4 or 12/5.  They've received it and it's in "Grading" status.

@3rdStrongestMole Has asked the same question I have now, how long might it sit in the Grading status before it's finished and shipped?

I say this might be good news because if that typically takes a week or two at that point in the process, then I have been rather lucky.  I used the bottom-tier turn around time because I'm in no rush to get this thing fast.  However, I was surprised to see it was in the "Grading" phase.

That, or is this the status it sits in while it's on the shelf in inventory, waiting to be picked up in the queue.  Oh well, if that's the case, then I might be waiting another 3-4 months.  I am fine with that, but I'm hoping their back log might be emptying a bit considering that all mail seems to be going super-slow now for they past 2 months.  Maybe that means there's been a slow down in games to grade and they are catching up?

Anyone have any thoughts or experience to contribute on this?  This is new territory for me.

I sent an order back in May. Went the slow route too- 180 business days. From the date they checked it in, it wouldn't be due back to me until early February. Status still remains as "scanned". I'll be surprised if it comes sooner, but they did stop accepting new orders until January, so there's hope it may come sooner, but I'm not counting on it.

From the looks of things, it sounds like they made an error.  I'm gonna sit on this one a bit and hope I get lucky. I mean, I'm fine if I don't see this until July/August 2021 but I won't complain if it arrives before February.

I also wonder if they slightly bump it up if you buy extra features. I opted for the light cleaning and prestige (or whatever it was called) option. It's a PS1 game in excellent shape so I didn't mind the splurge to see what happens.