IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

Here is a auto msg I received from Wata, "Dear Wata Customer, You had recently placed an order with us that contains at least one game requiring a DVD-sized case (i.e. Wii, WiiU, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360, or PlayStation 2). Unfortunately, we have run into shortages and delays for cases that accommodate your games. We are expecting that these issues will be resolved the week ending August 27th. Please know that your game(s) is/are graded, and safely stored in protective crates at our warehouse. As soon as we receive the cases, we will finalize the games and ship them back to our customers. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your continued patience. Please note, if you have other questions, you can send us an email to info@watagames.com. If you already sent us an email on this matter, it will be closed for you. Thanks, The Wata Team"

I placed an order back in Apr, I wouldn't call that "recently."

Then I asked Wata CS when they will be including Xbox One games to the submission page and there response was, "I know we do plan to do it, but I'm not sure when. Follow us on social media and sign up for our newsletter https://www.watagames.com/learn/newsletter. We use those channels to let our customers know when we expand our capabilities. Thanks, The Wata Team"

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

Here is a auto msg I received from Wata, "Dear Wata Customer, You had recently placed an order with us that contains at least one game requiring a DVD-sized case (i.e. Wii, WiiU, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360, or PlayStation 2). Unfortunately, we have run into shortages and delays for cases that accommodate your games. We are expecting that these issues will be resolved the week ending August 27th. Please know that your game(s) is/are graded, and safely stored in protective crates at our warehouse. As soon as we receive the cases, we will finalize the games and ship them back to our customers. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your continued patience. Please note, if you have other questions, you can send us an email to info@watagames.com. If you already sent us an email on this matter, it will be closed for you. Thanks, The Wata Team"

Then I asked Wata CS when they will be including Xbox One games to the submission page and there response was, "I know we do plan to do it, but I'm not sure when. Follow us on social media and sign up for our newsletter https://www.watagames.com/learn/newsletter. We use those channels to let our customers know when we expand our capabilities. Thanks, The Wata Team"

Don't worry,  everything will happen soon at some undisclosed time and your games are safe in some crate in some unidentified warehouse 😂 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they try and hit you up for more "insurance" money too. "Oh the games have increased 100% since we graded them and couldn't find you a case to put them in, that will be an extra $200 please."

Money GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Live feed WATA warehouse security cam:

accident fail GIF

That is hilarious but sucks for the employee. This reminds me of a incident I witnessed a long time ago in a galaxy far far away....While shopping inside of a Bestbuy store, I noticed a employee in the tv section using a forklift putting away bluray players on the high out of the reach shelves (3 or 4 levels high) like in the gif. The next time he went up, he forgot to stop and the forklift hit a very large pipe. Releasing what it looked like black water or sludge and it poured onto him like a waterfall. The smell was terrible, all the shoppers had to exit the store as it was immediately closed. I heard from a friend who worked there that the black water or sludge flooded the back half of the store (spanning across 3 depts) and everything that came into contact with it had to be thrown away. The store was closed for a week and the estimated damage was over $100K. Unfortunately, the employee was terminated. Not sure if he was billed for anything. 

Edited by AnimalHouse
  • Sad 1

More confirmation on the DVD cases. We'll see if they ship the other non DVD games out before they get those cases in. 

A shipment of parts we needed for encapsulation of all DVD sized games (Wii, Gamecube, Xbox, PS2) was unexpectedly delayed, and has not arrived yet. Unfortunately, that means that your games, while graded, are not encapsulated and ready to ship. As soon as the shipment arrives, we'll be encapsulating as many games per day as we can and  processing them in the order they were received. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll have your non-DVD sized games out as soon as we can!

9 hours ago, epiczail said:

More confirmation on the DVD cases. We'll see if they ship the other non DVD games out before they get those cases in. 

A shipment of parts we needed for encapsulation of all DVD sized games (Wii, Gamecube, Xbox, PS2) was unexpectedly delayed, and has not arrived yet. Unfortunately, that means that your games, while graded, are not encapsulated and ready to ship. As soon as the shipment arrives, we'll be encapsulating as many games per day as we can and  processing them in the order they were received. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll have your non-DVD sized games out as soon as we can!

This is a similar copy/paste response I rec'd and posted here on Monday. I hope the shipment they receive isn't depleted soon or we'll have another looooooooonnnnnnngggggg delay.

Side note: can anyone guess where these plastic prison cases are made from and what could be causing the unexpected delay? (i.e.: Midwest forest fire, covid fear, quarantine, etc.)

2 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

This is a similar copy/paste response I rec'd and posted here on Monday. I hope the shipment they receive isn't depleted soon or we'll have another looooooooonnnnnnngggggg delay.

Side note: can anyone guess where these plastic prison cases are made from and what could be causing the unexpected delay? (i.e.: Midwest forest fire, covid fear, quarantine, etc.)

There have been typhoons over here in Asia recently, not sure if that may have delayed some shipping? 

3 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Allegedly it’s port politics and container backups. Some guy on Facebook claimed as much anyway. I can believe it though since there’s been tons of overseas and domestic manufacturing issues since last year. It’s real bad in some industries, like steel.

11 minutes ago, mlbfan10 said:

They are all Turbo. At the time estimate was 60 business days but I should have paid for Speed Run looking back.

Yeah unfortunately unless you pay for Warp Zone estimates are way off. My Turbo order from Jan 10 went into Post Grading about 2 weeks ago. My last order I received was in Post Grading for 6 weeks, so I'm hoping I get my Jan 10 order back by Sept 10 (So 8 months turn around).

• Thanks 1

Unless something happens I should be getting back my first two CAS orders tomorrow. I can only guess that games are more a 'Tier 2' for them than a 'Tier 1'. But even with delays I ended up getting them back in less than 6 months! 😅

EDIT: I just got an email stating that my photos are up for both orders. They are not thanks to an error on their end, while the grades turned out to be 85 for both games.

Edited by FenrirZero

1 hour ago, Nintegageo said:

Well, except 'rare' games to grade they have those in droves.

Oh you mean the games that they'll ask for an unknown amount of money for before sending back to you graded? The ones that have all significantly shot up in value in the year that WATA has had them sitting around collecting dust? lol

Moderator · Posted
20 hours ago, oracleoflosangeles said:

For prototypes, Wata claims to have a 'prototype label' shortage and admits that the protos are done and just being held up for that reason. Shouldn't they have more than one supplier?

I don’t know their specific issue, but I know that raw material supplies have been an issue for nearly every industry since Covid started.