IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'll be.  I got an email from Wata saying my standard game had been graded and was eligible for the "deep badge" upgrade.  That's nice.  I paid the agreed $8 upcharge when submitted.  I still can't see my grade though.

So, hopefully/maybe I'll have my copy of Riven back by the end of January?  Should I be hopeful?

5 hours ago, RH said:

Well, I'll be.  I got an email from Wata saying my standard game had been graded and was eligible for the "deep badge" upgrade.  That's nice.  I paid the agreed $8 upcharge when submitted.  I still can't see my grade though.

So, hopefully/maybe I'll have my copy of Riven back by the end of January?  Should I be hopeful?

I'd say you've got another good 4 months to go, unless you used WZ.

16 minutes ago, RH said:

Lol, no.  I used bottom tier available back in November 2020.  So, I guess I have ANOTHER year. Lol, 🙄

I honestly can't believe that WATA would take so long for anything, but I only use speed run. My PSA return is taking that long, but I only paid $9/card for PSA. WATA charges a lot more.

On 11/19/2021 at 2:13 PM, RH said:

Lol, no.  I used bottom tier available back in November 2020.  So, I guess I have ANOTHER year. Lol, 🙄

Sorry for the double quote. I just checked my order and all the DVD sized games did not ship, so only part of my order is coming back. Hopefully your game isn't DVD sized, if so it will probably be backed up even further 😞

15 minutes ago, epiczail said:

Sorry for the double quote. I just checked my order and all the DVD sized games did not ship, so only part of my order is coming back. Hopefully your game isn't DVD sized, if so it will probably be backed up even further 😞

It's a PS1 multi-disc cased game, so I have no clue.

25 minutes ago, Glyph said:

I have some SNES games at WATA.

Received by WATA middle of august, been in post grading for months, still not shipped.
Payed for SpeedRun !

yeah the sad reality is that speedrun is more like story/casual mode right now. mine was received in august as well, not expecting the order back until january at the soonest. 😞

for reference, my mid-may speedrun didn't come back until late september.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, tidaldreams said:

I honestly can't believe that WATA would take so long for anything, but I only use speed run. My PSA return is taking that long, but I only paid $9/card for PSA. WATA charges a lot more.

How did you pay 9 dollars for a PSA card grade'??? Id like to grade a few cards there but the cheapest option i see is 150$ usd for a card...

On 11/23/2021 at 3:19 AM, iLikePssys said:

how long did it take you? i got some GBC GAMES on "post grade" for a month already, bout the speed run service and the 45 days would run out on december 1st

How long did what part take? I submitted 2 Select orders in June of last year. Got one back in Sept and part of the second order back yesterday. DVD sized games are still with WATA. 

The order that fully shipped went into Grading on 7/12 & was shipped the next day.

The order that I only have part of went into Grading on 6/23 and moved to Post Grading sometime the week of 7/19. 

10 hours ago, iLikePssys said:

How did you pay 9 dollars for a PSA card grade'??? Id like to grade a few cards there but the cheapest option i see is 150$ usd for a card...

This was over a year ago lol. That was the bulk rate back then, and they increased it sky high after they reopened this year.

I also sent all mine to Z&G and his rate was slightly discounted I think.

Edited by tidaldreams

11 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Grading doesn't seem to be the long pole anymore, it looks to be encapsulation. I've had stuff in post grading for as much as 4 months on some orders. 

That's good at least (grading speed), hopefully the amount of cases they receive starts increasing soon. At least all my pending orders 3 turbo and 1 speed run are all in post grading so getting there. 

Edited by mlbfan10

On 11/27/2021 at 5:46 PM, inasuma said:

yeah the sad reality is that speedrun is more like story/casual mode right now. mine was received in august as well, not expecting the order back until january at the soonest. 😞

for reference, my mid-may speedrun didn't come back until late september.

Hopefully Wata's new overlord restructures the service levels and make them more robust or efficient to meet the current demand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2021 at 6:50 PM, mlbfan10 said:

Sent my first Speed Run order in less than two weeks ago and already in post-grading. 

While I'm personally glad for you, I think this may justifiably serve to further madden a lot of people since it seems that you absolutely jumped line with this.

Hear me out.  I get that that tier is exactly for that type of thing.  However, outside of the submissions which simply haven't been returned due to lack of materials from abroad (cases, inserts, etc.), how is it remotely fair that folks here and there are still reporting having sent stuff off last year and not received an update, their game(s), etc., while folks currently willing to pay top dollar can do so and get their stuff through the system in a much closer approximation of time than those who came far, far, far prior to them.

I know this has been discussed here and there, but seriously, WATA needs to just lock up the brakes on any new submissions until they totally get their shit together and get the whole warehouse cleared out, top to bottom.  Then periodically do the same thing when the influx of games far exceeds the outflow that they're capable of.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

While I'm personally glad for you, I think this may justifiably serve to further madden a lot of people since it seems that you absolutely jumped line with this.

Hear me out.  I get that that tier is exactly for that type of thing.  However, outside of the submissions which simply haven't been returned due to lack of materials from abroad (cases, inserts, etc.), how is it remotely fair that folks here and there are still reporting having sent stuff off last year and not received an update, their game(s), etc., while folks currently willing to pay top dollar can do so and get their stuff through the system in a much closer approximation of time than those who came far, far, far prior to them.

I know this has been discussed here and there, but seriously, WATA needs to just lock up the brakes on any new submissions until they totally get their shit together and get the whole warehouse cleared out, top to bottom.  Then periodically do the same thing when the influx of games far exceeds the outflow that they're capable of.

Top dollar? The difference is only $25 extra for Speed Run. I also sent my games 2 weeks ago and they're in post grading.

Your business model is to stop all in-flow of money? How would the investors feel about that decision?

16 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Top dollar? The difference is only $25 extra for Speed Run. I also sent my games 2 weeks ago and they're in post grading.

Your business model is to stop all in-flow of money? How would the investors feel about that decision?

I'm not intimately and librarically knowledgeable about their pricing and business model, so I looked it up.  Instead of having all speed levels as different tiers, WATA is now offering a "Warp-Zone" option as their actual highest tier offering, which adds $125 to whatever "Speed Run" option you chose ($85 for loose or $170 for CIB/sealed).

While The $85 loose option is only $25 more than the $60 "Turbo" option, if you read the fine print on the site, if you're submitting CIB/sealed games (which I believe everybody in this thread has been, but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), you have no choice but to submit it was "Speed Run," as there isn't any current option in "Turbo" or "Select" for CIB/sealed games, locking submitters into a $170 minimum committment which is $110 more than the previous tier at minimum or $235 more when requesting the highest processing speed.

As for investors in regard to how a service is operating in respect to the expectations they've set with their prospective and current customers?  Fuck them.  That's exactly how I feel about it.  Investors should have zero say or play in businesses actually executing on delivering the goods/services that they've promised to paid customers through their advertising and listings.  Fuck every investor who would slow down or stop the pipe for anyone except the people paying $295 + 20-25% of post-graded HA/"market" based value.

While most folks have been understanding, from a purely legal standpoint, a lot of the folks who have been waiting a year or longer despite having paid for whatever tier (based on the timeframe advertised at the time that they first paid and submitted their games) probably have fair case against WATA for fraud in regard to their truth in advertising, as well as whatever laws apply when someone unfairly and/or unnecessarily holds another's property and keeps it from them.

Businesses that don't actually deliver on their promises deserve to either go out of or be run out of business, period, regardless of how their "investors" feel about that.

4 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'm not intimately and librarically knowledgeable about their pricing and business model, so I looked it up.  Instead of having all speed levels as different tiers, WATA is now offering a "Warp-Zone" option as their actual highest tier offering, which adds $125 to whatever "Speed Run" option you chose ($85 for loose or $170 for CIB/sealed).

While The $85 loose option is only $25 more than the $60 "Turbo" option, if you read the fine print on the site, if you're submitting CIB/sealed games (which I believe everybody in this thread has been, but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), you have no choice but to submit it was "Speed Run," as there isn't any current option in "Turbo" or "Select" for CIB/sealed games, locking submitters into a $170 minimum committment which is $110 more than the previous tier at minimum or $235 more when requesting the highest processing speed.

As for investors in regard to how a service is operating in respect to the expectations they've set with their prospective and current customers?  Fuck them.  That's exactly how I feel about it.  Investors should have zero say or play in businesses actually executing on delivering the goods/services that they've promised to paid customers through their advertising and listings.  Fuck every investor who would slow down or stop the pipe for anyone except the people paying $295 + 20-25% of post-graded HA/"market" based value.

While most folks have been understanding, from a purely legal standpoint, a lot of the folks who have been waiting a year or longer despite having paid for whatever tier (based on the timeframe advertised at the time that they first paid and submitted their games) probably have fair case against WATA for fraud in regard to their truth in advertising, as well as whatever laws apply when someone unfairly and/or unnecessarily holds another's property and keeps it from them.

Businesses that don't actually deliver on their promises deserve to either go out of or be run out of business, period, regardless of how their "investors" feel about that.

Yeah, fuck those people that keep the company running and are the sole reason Wata is even able to operate.

So your solution is for Wata to no longer exist because without investors, that's what happens.

2 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

I thought sealed was supposed to be $85. Wtf did wata change the price again?

It is $85, he has his facts wrong.

5 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Totally understand. I'm still waiting on three turbo orders from February. I'm sure it's still several months out actually getting any back. 

Edited by mlbfan10