IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

2 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

I sent Wata 15 games/same platform (Speedrun service) delivered Apr 21st.

Unboxing began on Apr 23rd
Grading ended on Jun 17th
Been in Post-Grading stage for 32 business days now

I'm at 5 weeks post grading now. I'm pretty sure they're out of cases for a lot of consoles. Between various forums / groups I've only been seeing people post Gameboy sized cases for the past week or two. 

Edited by A_Feisty_Pickle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

I'm at 5 weeks post grading now. I'm pretty sure they're out of cases for a lot of consoles. Between various forums / groups I've only been seeing people post Gameboy sized cases for the past week or two. 

All the more for those of us only grading game boy games.

2 hours ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

For a company that is constantly growing, they need to plan ahead. If cases are made overseas and the reason for the delay is the time it takes from point A to point B or covid restrictions at the US border. Then Wata (or the company that bought them) should invest in a manufacturer here in the states.

If the delay is due to the backlog of submissions. Then they should close submissions off for a while until they catch up. Not jack the CIB prices. I am aware Wata has hired pple but is it enough to meet the current demand? I wish Wata (or the company that bought them) place a bulletin board on there website to give customers weekly updates (i.e. ebays selling announcements) instead of keeping customers in the dark.

• Like 1

I always have a bunch of orders coming and going from there.  I can tell you that it's the Gamecube / PS2 / Xbox style cases they are clearly out of at the moment. 

I have an 11/19 Turbo run that went into post-grading a long time ago, and I got most of the games back on 6/26.  Then I got a few more back on 7/25.  But the one Gamecube game from that group, still sitting in the post grading queue.

As far as Speed Runs back in hand, latest I got was my 4/29 order that came back Saturday. I don't count business days, I just assume about 3-4 months door to door on Speed Run and 8+ on Turbo.  I sent in a Warp Zone yesterday and I'll see if that really makes it door to door in 2 / 3 weeks.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jonebone said:

I always have a bunch of orders coming and going from there.  I can tell you that it's the Gamecube / PS2 / Xbox style cases they are clearly out of at the moment. 

I have an 11/19 Turbo run that went into post-grading a long time ago, and I got most of the games back on 6/26.  Then I got a few more back on 7/25.  But the one Gamecube game from that group, still sitting in the post grading queue.

As far as Speed Runs back in hand, latest I got was my 4/29 order that came back Saturday. I don't count business days, I just assume about 3-4 months door to door on Speed Run and 8+ on Turbo.  I sent in a Warp Zone yesterday and I'll see if that really makes it door to door in 2 / 3 weeks.

I have two N64 games that are shown as "scanned" (even though I know they were already graded), from a 4/23 order. 

I received a email from Wata, confirming A_Feisy_Pickle's was right. Here is the msg, "The final grader has already seen your order, and it's now in encapsulation. However, a shipment of parts we needed for encapsulation was unexpectedly delayed, and has not arrived yet. Unfortunately, that means that your games, while graded, are not encapsulated and ready to ship. As soon as the shipment arrives, we'll be encapsulating as many games per day as we can and  processing them in the order they were received. We are very sorry for the inconvenience."

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Just shy of 7 months later my turbo order flipped to Post-Grading. With any luck I'll have them back by the end of the year! 

140 business days for an "estimated" 45 at the time of order. At the rate they're going probably another 30-40 business days in Post Grading. 

To be fair, you sent them in when the estimated turnaround was only 15 business days (jan this year, right?).

What's even more puzzling is I sent in a turbo order at the same time (early jan) and it was graded and shipped back by mid-february.

🌈 nothing makes sense 🌈

15 minutes ago, inasuma said:

To be fair, you sent them in when the estimated turnaround was only 15 business days (jan this year, right?).

What's even more puzzling is I sent in a turbo order at the same time (early jan) and it was graded and shipped back by mid-february.

🌈 nothing makes sense 🌈

Jan 10. Turbo or speed run? I didn't think turbo was ever as low as 15 days, but it's been so long I wouldn't be surprised if I misremember. 

53 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Just shy of 7 months later my turbo order flipped to Post-Grading. With any luck I'll have them back by the end of the year! 

140 business days for an "estimated" 45 at the time of order. At the rate they're going probably another 30-40 business days in Post Grading. 

These TA times are getting so much worse... I remember when I sent my previous Turbo order in Dec. 2020. On the submission page, it read Turbo 45 BD est. then changed to 60 BD est. I emailed Wata about it in March 2021, I'll copy/paste our convo below but total actual wait time was 89BD. 

The Wata Team, "Thanks for reaching out. Your order has been received and we're working on getting items in your order graded. Please keep in mind that our turnaround timelines are estimates. The grading industry as a whole (and Wata in particular) has seen significant increases in demand. We are actively working to increase our grading capacity so that we can meet the demand and return to hitting our estimated timelines for grading our customers' games. In the next few weeks, we expect to see significant improvement in our capacity to grade games and get them back to our customers. Know that while customers' games are with us, they are safely stored in crates that are on racks. Please bear with us as we increase our grading capacity and get your collectibles moving through our process more quickly."

My response, "Thank you for replying to my message. You said your working on getting my items in my order graded, which means the graders haven't started. Yes, I'm aware the turnaround times are estimates only. What would you say the current turnaround time are for each service level? 

Examples: 

Turbo 45 BD est. (currently at 65 BD)

Speedrun 15 BD est. (currently at 25 BD)

Warpzone 3 BD est. (currently at 6 BD)"

The Wata Team, "I've actually moved all your games into the Speed Run line for you. Hopefully that will get it out a bit faster. My estimate would probably be the 25 business days, like you said, but that's just an estimate."

Edited by AnimalHouse

3 hours ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Jan 10. Turbo or speed run? I didn't think turbo was ever as low as 15 days, but it's been so long I wouldn't be surprised if I misremember. 

I submitted Turbo on Jan 4th. you're right, the turnaround was actually 30 days or somewhere around there.

Edited by inasuma

32 minutes ago, Mijael said:

Same is happening with CGC comics times doubled and tripled depending on the service but at least they publish daily the new estimates . Wata doesn`t even reply mails from customers 

Wata responds to customers. The problem is they aren’t updating turnaround times and cutting off tiers that are actively hurting their backlog (turbo and speedrun). 

3 minutes ago, inasuma said:

Wata responds to customers. The problem is they aren’t updating turnaround times and cutting off tiers that are actively hurting their backlog (turbo and speedrun). 

No they don`t respond to customers ... I sent them a mail two weeks ago and i am still waiting . I guess there`s also a Tat for that?

1 minute ago, Mijael said:

No they don`t respond to customers ... I sent them a mail two weeks ago and i am still waiting . I guess there`s also a Tat for that?

Lol they’ve responded pretty quickly to me so I’m not sure. Maybe because my order was a reholder.

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 2:45 PM, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

My others are Turbo tier so they'll probably be shipping somewhere around 2023. 

Sorry if my original question was confusing. Was your order only for those 3 games? My order are rather large and I'm trying to figure out if they'll partially ship an order back to me if certain cases are in stock or if they will only ship whole orders out. 

52 minutes ago, epiczail said:

Sorry if my original question was confusing. Was your order only for those 3 games? My order are rather large and I'm trying to figure out if they'll partially ship an order back to me if certain cases are in stock or if they will only ship whole orders out. 

My bad. This order included 6 games. 3 Turbo tier 3 Speed Run tier. I haven't received them back yet but I believe all 3 Speed Run's were shipped together. I have heard from others that they do occasionally send a few at a time though. 

• Like 1