IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

11 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Holycow! Mine was from Dec 2020 and I didn't ask Megan to upgrade it because I was worried I would have to start from the back of the line again. She took it upon herself and put me somewhere in the middle. Very nice of her. 

I imagine its going to get slower for Wata in Q4 unless something changes again. Lately I have been thinking about the new grading company VGG. I don't like there case design but I really dig the simplicity of the graphics detailing what type of variant a persons nes black box is. Since Wata's price for CIBs is very expensive, I'm thinking about dumping mine to VGG. Someone here posted about 50% off levels 1-3 until labor day and half the est TAT.

If I wasn't broke right now, I would jump to the opportunity.

Yeah for just some CIBs I'm kinda feeling the same way. I have some cheaper ones I wouldn't mind testing out with them. I'd need some time to trust them with my sealed games

• Agree 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Open dev tools (assuming Chrome, it's key F12) -> Network tab -> Click 'View Grades' on your order in Wata -> There will probably be multiple network calls with your order number as the URI. Click one of those and in your dev tools select 'Preview' pane -> Click different requests until you find one with a list of your games that are in Post Grading status

(Request to click)

image.png.f26b1aeda8ea39f42222532feb546f16.png

(Preview panel, list of games in Post Grading status)

image.png.8c3047612724a176f9a025e09d0a2793.png

Expand each of those, expand 'grade'

image.png.8eb0e3bb6fb62a76de75a74eae1e520c.png

Doesn't look like this works anymore, no grade under my "grade" tab.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, inasuma said:

customer service complaints: "Why is the grade so low?!!"

Yeah, was rumored to be a customer service issue. I think the grades are preliminary at post grading as well and might change. So they were getting inquiries as to why the grades changed.

• Agree 1

I asked for an update on the case shortage and just received a response from Wata saying "We recently got all our cases in and we're shipping as quickly as we can. We expect to have all the games shipped by September 8th." That's tomorrow. I'll believe it when it happens but they've never given me an exact date before. I've been waiting over 5 months now for my "speedrun" order and have been in post-grading for 2 months. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:13 AM, mlbfan10 said:

The last message I got from WATA late last week was Turbo orders are taking around 175 business days now. Interesting since it was just updated to 150 business days.

Damn, that's crazy. I don't really see a point in submitting Turbo though since the discount is minimal for the absurdly long turnaround times compared to say the old PSA bulk rate. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, will916 said:

I asked for an update on the case shortage and just received a response from Wata saying "We recently got all our cases in and we're shipping as quickly as we can. We expect to have all the games shipped by September 8th." That's tomorrow. I'll believe it when it happens but they've never given me an exact date before. I've been waiting over 5 months now for my "speedrun" order and have been in post-grading for 2 months. 

They refuse to even give me a ballpark timeframe mine will get shipped. Been in post grading since Beginning of July

After 8 days i finally got an answer 

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting Wata customer service. Our apologies for the delayed response. 

Yes, we have received the missing parts for the DVD encapsulation and are currently working on catching up on that backlog. Rest assured your game is safe and we are trying our best to get each order shipped out as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

We appreciate your continued patience during this time. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Mijael

On 9/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, will916 said:

We expect to have all the games shipped by September 8th."

I was spoon fed the same BS. I was optimistic but wasn't surprised.

Idk how they pick and choose whos order is next to be shipped. Maybe those of you with quantities less than 5, goes first. Less hassle. Then those of you with more than 15, goes last.

23 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

Idk how they pick and choose whos order is next to be shipped. Maybe those of you with quantities less than 5, goes first. Less hassle. Then those of you with more than 15, goes last.

I had a Turbo from early November last year with only 1 DVD style game that was ungraded (other 8 games in the order were received 2 months ago).  That one finally shipped yesterday.

22 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

You'll probably get an email that says they're now waiting on the proper box size to be in stock in order for them to ship!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gulag Joe said:

You'll probably get an email that says they're now waiting on the proper box size to be in stock in order for them to ship!

Read the first post on page 12. 

6 minutes ago, jonebone said:

I had a Turbo from early November last year with only 1 DVD style game that was ungraded (other 8 games in the order were received 2 months ago).  That one finally shipped yesterday.

Yours was an open order with 1 remaining, could be the reason why yours was processed early? Mine are all dvd style and more than 15 quantity. This is why I am speculating mine will be processed later.

1 hour ago, AnimalHouse said:

Read the first post on page 12. 

Yours was an open order with 1 remaining, could be the reason why yours was processed early? Mine are all dvd style and more than 15 quantity. This is why I am speculating mine will be processed later.

I'm talking about an actual cardboard box to ship the game, not the wata slab

6 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

I'm talking about an actual cardboard box to ship the game, not the wata slab

Yeah, thats a possibility.

I wonder if Wata management show there shareholders a graph chart representing each month the volume of games being graded, the total quantity size each month, the quantity size per customer, etc etc.?

For example: The month of August, there were 5,000 video games sent to be graded. 5% customers games were resealed and chose return/as-is option, 5% customers sent 50+ each, 20% customers sent 15+ each, 50% customers sent 1 to 5 each, etc etc.

I would like to see this graph chart if it exist.

• Like 1