IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Donkey Kong

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, IT'S BANANA TIME!
Who here is ready to get their plumbing tools ready to save Pauline from the terrible DONKEY KONG?

Here's the rules for this week:

• You may play with “Black Box” Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Classics
  • Choose 1 Player Game A
  • Play until Game Over or till you reach Level A
  • Once you reach Level A, pause the game immediately and take your picture
  • To get your score, start a new game and take your picture.  Your score will be in the “Top Score” spot.
    Try to pause the game immediately once you lost your last life and take your picture then. This way, we can see on what level you made your score, which is quite useful if someone roll the score.
  • If you roll the score, take a picture right before you roll it and right after you roll it.  This must be done for each subsequent rolling of the score.
  • The barrel/jump/ladder trick is allowed!
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Arcade

The contest ends Sunday, 05/24/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

"Back in my day, we used to have REAL gameplay... We didn't have any of this fancy 3D stuff!" - Kong, Cranky - 1994

• Thanks 4

Events Team · Posted
1st Bearcat-Doug 609,100
2nd bertsampson 602,300
3rd Kid Dracula 541,600
4th Jeevan 459,200
5th 0xDEAFC0DE 440,400
6th TWarwick07 366,000
7th CasualCart 337,000
8th mbd39 217,400
9th ninjistar 197,000
10th NESfiend 193,000
11th JamesRobot 148,000
12th Deadeye 137,700
13th arnpoly 130,600
14th 8bitdontquit 104,500
15th SuperJimtendo 96,700
16th skinnygrinny 76,400
17th MeganJoanne 69,000
18th Gaia Gensouki 65,400
19th Ausden 53,200

Events Helper · Posted

43700  Level 3 I believe, 3rd bouncing level.......I think that is 3

51200 same level, but slight improvement 🙂 

65000 L4

70700 L4

89100 L4

193100 L5

205500 L5

299800 L7 emulator started again before i could click off it 😞  

459200 LA  No thanks to you late boys, but i got some nice barrel rng in this run and made it to LA 🙂  Im proud, even if you all knocked me outta the top 3!

20200522_061844.thumb.jpg.a0ba6c9e7572d2b3dce4e6c8d8464d4c.jpg

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Can't help but ask: Are you guys playing with or without barrel jumping glitches?  Ex: Stand above ladder, jump straight up as barrel drops down it, get thousands of points.

Does Twin Galaxies allow this?

22 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Can't help but ask: Are you guys playing with or without barrel jumping glitches?  Ex: Stand above ladder, jump straight up as barrel drops down it, get thousands of points.

I don't use it when I play normally, but it should make for some really high scores this week.

TG doesn't allow the glitch. Obviously it's not as big of a deal in a shorter game, so it may be fun to try it here.

I was just glad I didn't have to milk the clock a ton for the kill screen games I did for TG.  That would have probably added another couple of hours to what was already a 7-8 hour game.

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

The barrel/jump/ladder trick is allowed for this week's contest! This should put a nice spin to DK along with the shorter run as well, and I also like the sound it makes when you net that load of 100 points real quick.

I'll add this information to the rules for clarity.

Events Helper · Posted
4 hours ago, ninjistar said:

This will surely be a competitive week!

Not for me, i dont know the barrel trick 🤣  I did look it up, and try it, but not gonna fret over it i guess, just see if i can get anywhere the good ole' fashioned way.

• Like 1