IGNORED

The Switch Thread

19 hours ago, Ampplays said:

SLG has been getting all the Taito releases so I just assumed it was coming. Now I wonder if they bring this to the states under the inin brand eventually but we surely won't get a special edition.

oh ok. I was so close to pre ordering the japanese version when it went up on play asia, glad I didnt

33 minutes ago, Lago said:

I’ve never ordered from Play Asia before.  There’s a couple of games I want to get.  But I need them in English.

does this mean they are in English?

https://www.play-asia.com/rpg-time-the-legend-of-wright-english/13/70fjsh

Yeah if it says English support then it has English!

2 hours ago, Lago said:

I’ve never ordered from Play Asia before.  There’s a couple of games I want to get.  But I need them in English.

does this mean they are in English?

https://www.play-asia.com/rpg-time-the-legend-of-wright-english/13/70fjsh

Down below all the junk about the game is a box, it will list languages and if english is there you're good as they don't do it in the title that often.  Sometimes they leave even liner notes when a game needs an update to have english, which means a download on another region server which you  won't have an account for (why I canceled a order for Fatal Frame.)  Commonly enough the ASIA region stuff has an english inclusion to the games, helped even more so if the game was intended in the US/PAL english regions because it's already coded in for their lame download only version.

54 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Down below all the junk about the game is a box, it will list languages and if english is there you're good as they don't do it in the title that often.  Sometimes they leave even liner notes when a game needs an update to have english, which means a download on another region server which you  won't have an account for (why I canceled a order for Fatal Frame.)  Commonly enough the ASIA region stuff has an english inclusion to the games, helped even more so if the game was intended in the US/PAL english regions because it's already coded in for their lame download only version.

Thanks!  The two games I am wanting are good to go.

I am also pondering Harvestella.  If I get it I will grab the US release.

• Like 1

I don't know.  I've picked up a few games from them over the last year, and it's terrible, most I haven't kept or used really (yet) in the case of Crono Cross but intend to.  I go in moods with stuff and right now so far largely this year the mood largely has been 16bit.  It's why I have still yet to put an order in for Klonoa from them along with TMNT.  I know both are franchises I'm into, far more so the TMNT game, but I'd play them.  I just know, now, right now, if I got them I'd let them rot in the wrap with the other.

Some I just found disappointing like Pocky & Rocky and as I have the original I got rid of it.  Same goes with the LRG fomo bs wagon, over it...play or don't pay.

TMNT also if you check them, they have multiple releases from many regions, even some overlap.  There's even a dual japanese release of it, but one of them, you pay nothing extra yet you get a free CD soundtrack for the game along with this neat other freebie too, no charge -- and it's also a more uniquely done dual japanese-english release.  Yet there's also the asia-english and the US one there too.  Klonoa got a similar deal, asia-english with english paper wrap and label, then another that's in english but the assets aren't.

You just need to be very particular.

On 8/11/2022 at 3:53 AM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

The Switch Library, now bigger than the Wii's with no sign of slowing down.  Also Nintendo's biggest North American Library.  Crazy!

Edited by NintendoTwizer
  • Like 1

So I have been seeing more code in box re-releases of some games that originally were physical. Has anyone been keeping up with a list of these? (Lego City Undercover was one that caught my eye other day, was originally full game on cart, and new releases of it are just code in box).

Also, does anyone know if all the original releases before they standardized the spine txt have a re-release with standard text? Has-been heroes, super bomber-man R, the binding of isaac, just dance 2017.  I have a small txt of Has-Been and Bomber-man, The Binding of Isaac, but have not found one of just dance 2017 yet.

Edited by Gutling

3 hours ago, spacepup said:

Thanks for sharing @Tabonga! It looks like an interesting release, coming out soon for switch and PC.  I'm guessing no physical (unless one of the LRG type companies picks it up at some point), but I'm A-ok with that.  I'll add this to my list of games to watch.

Thanks!

You are indeed welcome - I want to know more about it - if it looks good I will go with whatever I can get.

Administrator · Posted
56 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

You are indeed welcome - I want to know more about it - if it looks good I will go with whatever I can get.

Here is the Developer site with lots more info about the game, and more media / press kit / etc.

Edit: Probably more interesting if I actually add the link, oops hah!

https://www.soromantic.co.uk/games/jack-move/

This is up for grabs at Super Rare Games:

There are two versions - I just now ordered the collector's edition since it has a lotta nice feelies in it.  They are anticipating high demand so are likely going to release a second offering which won't ship until October.  This first batch they have on hand - one of the reasons I really like Super Rare Games is because of this way of doing things!

Edit - they initially were going to make 850 collector's editions.  When they opened the orders up they listed 1500 being available and now have upped the number to 2000.  They do have a waiting in line checkout - since I got in really early I was in line less than a minute.

Edited by Tabonga

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

A Short Hike is oddly really fun to play, that and Heaven Park which also hit GoG/Steam are cheap fun and relatively unique games totally worth playing.  They're not overly long, more of a short chill fun bit of exploration that's totally worth it.

Did you play The Last Campfire? I really liked it - mostly exploration with a bit of light puzzle solving - only one puzzle that is at all hard.   

• 2 weeks later...