IGNORED

The Switch Thread

I watched the mini direct last night. The first half wasn't too great in my opinion, but the second half was alright. 

Pac-Man World Repac

Despite the insane amount of remakes and remasters that have been released in the last decade or so, I wasn't expecting to see Pac-Man World Repac. I would've preferred a Pac-Man World 4, but I'm glad Bandai Namco hasn't ignored the Pac-Man World series. You know, Pac-Man's model in Pac-Man Museum + is similar to the Pac-Man World games. In fact, looking at the Cutting Room Floor's page for the game, Pac-Man Museum + has unused animations for Pac-Man that are also very similar to the Pac-Man World games. Was Pac-Man Museum + kind of a hint of things to come? 

Looks like it is getting a physical release, so I'll probably buy it. As with Pac-Man Museum +, Repac is going to have the new Pac-Mom character instead of Ms. Pac-Man...I wish the legal issues would be ironed out. I'll still buy Repac, but I'll keep the PS1 and GBA versions of Pac-Man World as well as the GameCube versions of the sequels.

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection 

Was there any doubt this would be released? I'm probably not going to buy it (I tend to prefer playing most of the Mega Man games using their original systems). As with Legacy Collection and X Legacy Collection, some games are missing: Mega Man Network Transmission and Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge. All the more reason to keep the GameCube hooked up, I guess. 

Still, this is something the fans wanted. Hopefully this does well enough that Capcom releases a Mega Man 12, Mega Man X9, and/or a Mega Man Legends Legacy Collection, all of which I would definitely buy. Also, for those not aware, Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters are included in Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium which is being released later this month. While I prefer the CPS1 version of The Power Battle, I'm hoping Capcom includes the CPS2 version in 2nd Stadium because I have Mega Man Anniversary Collection which includes the CPS1 version. If the first Capcom Arcade Stadium is any indication, they might include an option to switch between different versions.

Sonic Frontiers 

Though not terrible by any means, Sonic Origins was somewhat disappointing due to the changed music in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and several glitches (which I hope are fixed later). I don't have much to say about Sonic Frontiers, I just hope Sega doesn't disappoint the fans. While I think Sonic Forces is a decent game and Sonic Mania is great, Sonic Heroes was the last 3D Sonic game I had a lot of fun playing (though I haven't played Sonic Generations yet, and was thinking about buying the 3DS version). I want to like 3D Sonic games more, so I hope Sonic Frontiers is better than decent.

Portal: Companion Collection

I haven't played the Portal games yet. Now that they've been released on Switch, I'll likely buy this collection eventually.

Blanc 

Looked interesting. I'll have to read more about it. Might be worth playing when I'm in the mood for something different.

Edited by MegaMan52

Just sucks. So sorry you guys had a bad experience. I really don't understand what they are thinking with making this a store exclusive on such a buggy and flawed website that has no capabilities for such a demand. It was by some complete luck that mine had a button to finally click on to purchase after refreshing the cart over a zillion times.

22 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

So I’ve been thinking about this since the mini direct; is it just me that doesn’t give a flying fart about anything that was discussed?

Just you. The announcements were amazing!

I went from meh about Sonic Frontiers to hype (but kept very much in check because it's Sonic and most of the time the games end up failing). Persona obviously a given purchase, I'm keen to give Nier Automata another playthrough, Monkey Island I've never played and that should work well in portable mode, Portal collection will be a fun replay, Live A Live is looking great, Mario + Rabbids was a great game so I'm looking forward to the sequel and that indie RPG Time looks interesting and different.

It is showing as out of stock @RegularGuyGamerhttps://www.play-asia.com/klonoa-phantasy-reverie-series-english/13/70f7k7

I had ordered it weeks ago and my order shows as shipped. So I'll let you know if I get it. I would imagine they will eventually get more in stock, but I guess there's no guarantee =/ 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

It is showing as out of stock @RegularGuyGamerhttps://www.play-asia.com/klonoa-phantasy-reverie-series-english/13/70f7k7

I had ordered it weeks ago and my order shows as shipped. So I'll let you know if I get it. I would imagine they will eventually get more in stock, but I guess there's no guarantee =/ 

Damn why are they like this? 

5 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I put in that preorder so hopefully they come through. I'm out of the loop on these international releases. What is the difference between this one and a hypothetical NTSC release? Just the rating logo being missing?

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I put in that preorder so hopefully they come through. I'm out of the loop on these international releases. What is the difference between this one and a hypothetical NTSC release? Just the rating logo being missing?

Basically. There used to be more distinct differences back in the day when companies would print different manuals in each region and potentially even have different translations on carts / CDs. But nowadays it's really up to the publisher. In some cases publishers have even used the cover art with the ESRB rating for regions that didn't have any ratings requirement like Southeast Asia. In other cases, the cover art will vary from one region to the next (Final Fantasy games are an example of this). 

With Klonoa, it looks like the cover art is the same in every region, with the only differences being the title text (Japan has it in Japanese, Korea has it in a mix of English and Korean, China has it in a mix of English and... Mandarin?) and rating. Oh and maybe the Bandai Namco logo, not sure about that. Seems like some regions are getting the newer logo. Of course the back side of the cover art might have differences where all the legal fine print goes. But I will say in the case of Mr Driller Drill Land, another Bandai Namco game that didn't get a North America release but at least had a Southeast Asia release with all English on the cover art and no rating, the backside looks exactly how a North American release would, with nothing indicating the region other than the release code (which actually says JPN for the region). 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Nice too know, I preordered on 6/3 and got an email today that it's delayed till the reprint arrives!? What the heck did I preorder for? 

I just went ahead and ordered an EU copy from Amazon UK for $50 shipped since both copies I order from Playasia are going to take well into August to arrive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Klonoa-Phantasy-Reverie-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B09SZTPHXT/ref=sr_1_120?qid=1656567185&s=videogames&sr=1-120&_encoding=UTF8&tag=polan18-21&linkCode=ur2&linkId=977ed1e57d821a11a0541f04b5b74623&camp=1634&creative=6738

67194000_Screenshot2022-07-12100545.thumb.png.85510f70f5364cf8c4b0e4008a668464.png

Edited by Ampplays

14 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

If you want this soon you might want to cancel this if it's a preorder because if they are waiting for stock to fulfill orders it's likely the reprint. You can get it from Amazon UK for $50 shipped and have it next week.

• Thanks 1