IGNORED

The Switch Thread

454081385_Screenshot2022-06-28113557.png.f2421850d46865ef143f5f4ae013f068.pngThat Direct was pretty good!

Today also M2 and Taito announced a new Shmup collection Ray’z Arcade Chronology!
https://www.taito.co.jp/en/rayzarcadechronology

https://www.play-asia.com/rayz-arcade-chronology/13/70fjlb?ref=agent&sc1=N587878167

M2 always gets my money so easy.

Edited by Ampplays
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Doraemon Story of Seasons getting a Western release is a big deal. This immediately gave me hope that Crayon Shin Chan Summer Vacation would get a western release too. So I went to look it up and when I found this my eyes got all watery. Must be dusty in here. Or maybe I'm having allergies. 

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/06/shin-chan-me-and-the-professor-on-summer-vacation-confirmed-for-western-switch-release

Edited by MiamiSlice

Thing is with Playasia's Portal listing is that Playasia has put up preorders for physicals that end up never existing, such as Project Diva Mega39s' US/EU listings. Until a publisher gets attached/announced for it, I don't think it's guaranteed, which is why I'm mildly annoyed everyone is taking Playasia's listing as fact. Don't get me wrong though, I'm very much hoping Valve decides to do a physical release through someone.

4 hours ago, Ampplays said:

454081385_Screenshot2022-06-28113557.png.f2421850d46865ef143f5f4ae013f068.pngThat Direct was pretty good!

Today also M2 and Taito announced a new Shmup collection Ray’z Arcade Chronology!
https://www.taito.co.jp/en/rayzarcadechronology

https://www.play-asia.com/rayz-arcade-chronology/13/70fjlb?ref=agent&sc1=N587878167

M2 always gets my money so easy.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, greenthunder said:

Thing is with Playasia's Portal listing is that Playasia has put up preorders for physicals that end up never existing, such as Project Diva Mega39s' US/EU listings. Until a publisher gets attached/announced for it, I don't think it's guaranteed, which is why I'm mildly annoyed everyone is taking Playasia's listing as fact. Don't get me wrong though, I'm very much hoping Valve decides to do a physical release through someone.

On the other hand Playasia often lists upcoming releases before anyone else.  As it turns out I generally don't buy US releases from them since I usually can get it over here with no shipping charges - Europe is more of a wash on that count.  I keep a list of possibly upcoming releases (based on info gathered there and elsewhere) that I watch for. So for that alone I find the info useful.

8 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

For those who missed it:

Nier Automata

Mega Man Battle Network 1-5

Square Enix RPG (Harvestella?)

Return to Monkey Island

Persona 3 Portable

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 5 Royal 

Dragon Quest Treasures

A cool looking horror game

Mario Rabbids 2 Date

Portals today

Really looking forward to the battle network collection and dragon quest treasures. 

@Lago there are 10 battle network games. 1, 2, white, blue, red sun, blue moon, colonel, protoman, gregar, falzar

• Thanks 1

At the pace Nintendo is going, and given where we are years wise, this isn't slowing down as it historically should, it's speeding up.

I've never touched but heard of Nier Automata, looks and sounds fantastic, pretty tempted to add that to a buy list as much as let's be honest, title aside, that's so a new Dragon Quest Monsters and looks special it does.  I can see grabbing those, nothing else, that's not to say though that this was just a sliver of a bigger picture yet still.  We know of some things to come like Klonoa, couple TMNT packages, etc too not included in this.

5 hours ago, Brickman said:

Nier Automata is an amazing game and has an awesome soundtrack too. I'm glad it got a Switch re release, I'll definitely be replaying it.

Does it take time to get good? I played it a while ago on and wasn't getting into it. I only made it to the first planet (station/outpost?) after the tutorial area, if that makes sense.

Edited by Aguy

1 hour ago, Aguy said:

Does it take time to get good? I played it a while ago on and wasn't getting into it. I only made it to the first planet (station/outpost?) after the tutorial area, if that makes sense.

Well I was hooked right from the start but the game opens up once you get past the tutorial area and becomes more open world. So maybe put in a few more hours and if you still aren’t hooked then it might not be for you.

I'm so angry. Spent hours today trying to order this thing between work and taking care of my kids. It was sitting for the longest time where I had placed the order but it wouldn't go through. Finally after washing dishes I get back to my computer and see I'm back on the order screen. I place the order only to find out it's out of stock. So unfair. 

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, Skorp said:

If anyone is after Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Special Edition, it has been up for a bit. It took me over a hour to finally get one. That's how bad it is. At least the site did not crash this time. Good luck to you all.

The worst experience, spent a total of 8 hours between the two drops. Did not get one either time!! Pissed 1907746899_Angry40.png.d418e6c6a4bb33cf4510c95163278dc6.png.ffd8ad7947922444c51abde5f836cd83.png

Edited by Ampplays
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted

I generally do, but for a few games that I really love, I'll go for them.  Xenoblade series is one of them.  I have the CE's of the first two and it is just one of my favorite series, so I really wanted the third as well.  

I was able to snag one the first round, but the experience was definitely bad.  The site was crashing and bugging out for hours, and it kept telling you to wait because you were in a 'queue,' but it was either untrue or completely faulty.  People who waited in the queue for hours, were watching people post about getting one after popping in and buying within 5 mins. 

The first round was so bad they pulled the listing and advertised a second one (the recent one), and the experience was pretty much exactly the same hah!