IGNORED

The Switch Thread

10 hours ago, Makar said:

I’m just glad I’m not a full set switch collector. The LRG games alone would make that a massive (expensive) headache. 

It certainly doesn’t help and is much easier if you were in it from the beginning. I got the first 50 or so releases from them before I started skipping some. I think that worked out for the best because after the first 30 or so people started picking up on LRG Switch games and most are readily available for around or just slightly more than msrp

12 hours ago, Makar said:

I’m just glad I’m not a full set switch collector. The LRG games alone would make that a massive (expensive) headache. 

Yeah LRG really makes it pretty insane. That is why I can't stop now since I still have every LRG and started from the beginning...and they know people like me exist so they continue to put out whatever comes to their mind. Just THANKFUL they switched to preorder for almost everything at least. Like when Transistor was out and limited in print, I missed out on that one having to work all day and couldn't get it, then had to track it down later for double price.

12 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I often wonder why collectors of full sets (which I only vaguely get in any event) worry about what other people think constitutes a full set - collect what you think is a full set for crying out loud.

Its because when you talk about having a full set online there will be arguments. If there are games missing and its claimed as a is a full set that wont be accpeted online

1 minute ago, 360collector said:

Its because when you talk about having a full set online there will be arguments. If there are games missing and its claimed as a is a full set that wont be accpeted online

So they are collecting for others rather than themselves?  Like I said I really don't get the whole full set deal  anyway....................

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

It certainly doesn’t help and is much easier if you were in it from the beginning. I got the first 50 or so releases from them before I started skipping some. I think that worked out for the best because after the first 30 or so people started picking up on LRG Switch games and most are readily available for around or just slightly more than msrp

I've been in from the beginning and have thankfully been able to get almost everything I want.  In hindsight I would have ordered Furi, and maybe got Pirates Curse so that I had the full series on the Switch, and maybe 1-2 others.  But it's definitely a lot more manageable than trying to play catch-up.

5 minutes ago, 360collector said:

Could be both. They might want a full set but cant afford/find it all so they make up reasons games are not part of a full set

They could just lie - I doubt virtually all visitors to their abodes would know the difference (and truth be told likely wouldn't care) - on line who the f is gonna know?

Edited by Tabonga

I think collecting for most people is about clout. I know some of you are going to say that it isn't true for you and that's fine. But I feel based on what I've seen online the past few years that for the majority of people collecting right now, it's all about getting that sweet sweet social validation via YouTube or Instagram or whatever. And yes that requires consensus about what is a full set. So there will continue to be arguments about this stuff. 

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I think collecting for most people is about clout. I know some of you are going to say that it isn't true for you and that's fine. But I feel based on what I've seen online the past few years that for the majority of people collecting right now, it's all about getting that sweet sweet social validation via YouTube or Instagram or whatever. And yes that requires consensus about what is a full set. So there will continue to be arguments about this stuff. 

Exactly what turned me off completely about collecting.   

It went from "Look at this cool stuff" to some of your buddies to "Thought the group would like this" or "Don't forget to hit that like and subscribe button" or that bullshit manufactured drama from some of these channels.

8 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

One of the reasons I consider myself an accidental collector at best - more a person who really really liked playing video games and over the years (most in pretty prime years) have gathered a respectable batch by today's standards.  I do admit to buying a lot of switch games but only buy ones I (hopefully) will actually play.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

It went from "Look at this cool stuff" to some of your buddies to "Thought the group would like this" or "Don't forget to hit that like and subscribe button" or that bullshit manufactured drama from some of these channels.

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe and click that bell that I can never find

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Maybe its because I don’t do much in the way of social media in general basically here and some reddit. I dont see that much of it. I definitely don’t see it much on youtube, but Ive never went out of my way to watch videos actually about collecting either. Just some AVGN some years ago, Spawnwave (only his daily news videos) and A couple of channels that do the “play every game in the library” things. 

I mean I post my collection on Instagram. I've been doing it for years and barely have over 3,000 followers. I don't care about the engagement or anything like that. I find it fun, and also, I've found rad people in the community and built friendships. I've also had a lot of great trade deals or purchases that came solely from collectors I met on Instagram. So I enjoy that aspect of it as well.

19 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I mean I post my collection on Instagram. I've been doing it for years and barely have over 3,000 followers. I don't care about the engagement or anything like that. I find it fun, and also, I've found rad people in the community and built friendships. I've also had a lot of great trade deals or purchases that came solely from collectors I met on Instagram. So I enjoy that aspect of it as well.

I haven’t had social media since 2014 or so but game collecting is one instance where I would find it useful simply for making connections to find things that can’t be found by other means or even to see the cool stuff people have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Newest leaks (though not verified) are offering an increasingly likely chance the next Direct will unveil a new Fire Emblem.  Guess we'll see.

https://www.ign.com/articles/fire-emblem-screenshots-finished-new-game-leak

Wooo!  I love me some Fire Emblem.  Though I seem to be in the minority where Three Houses certainly wasn't my favorite.