IGNORED

The Switch Thread

NIS America is bringing these three titles out - so far apparently just limited (or deluxe)  editions so a bit pricey - but NIS stuff is so nice..

https://www.nisamerica.com/monster-menu/

https://nisamerica.com/grimgrimoire/

https://nisamerica.com/process-of-elimination/

Edited by Tabonga

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm guessing I really should watch that nintendo direct as I ignored it other than seeing the Zelda clip.

Another theaterhythm and Tales of Symphonia??  More tempting bait.

Those, Radiant Silvergun, Pikmin 4, a new Fire Emblem, Octopath 2, and whatever else.

8 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Those, Radiant Silvergun, Pikmin 4, a new Fire Emblem, Octopath 2, and whatever else.

The collector's edition of Octopath 2 is up for pre-order:

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/769560/octopath-traveler-ii-collector-s-edition-set-switchsel

Seems to be pretty pricey IMHO for what is in it. The game itself looks impressive though.

On 9/15/2022 at 12:06 AM, Tabonga said:

The collector's edition of Octopath 2 is up for pre-order:

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/769560/octopath-traveler-ii-collector-s-edition-set-switchsel

Seems to be pretty pricey IMHO for what is in it. The game itself looks impressive though.

YIkes!  $180, pricey indeed! 

I've given up on Advance Wars from Nintendo, they burned that bridge with their childishly woke behavior.  There was zero reason logical or even rational side of emotional why to can that game with a future non-set potential release date for AW 1+2 Bootcamp.  Given other companies releasing actual war games, sim, fps, etc with real violence, real looking blood and death, explosions etc. was personally fine, but oh no...cutesy anime for kids level style cartoons on a turn based grid into a puff of cute smoke is just a bit too too far??  Nope.

I've had the original for awhile, but I found #2 a couple months back for a really off ebay value so they lost a sale being douchebags.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I've given up on Advance Wars from Nintendo, they burned that bridge with their childishly woke behavior.  There was zero reason logical or even rational side of emotional why to can that game with a future non-set potential release date for AW 1+2 Bootcamp.  Given other companies releasing actual war games, sim, fps, etc with real violence, real looking blood and death, explosions etc. was personally fine, but oh no...cutesy anime for kids level style cartoons on a turn based grid into a puff of cute smoke is just a bit too too far??  Nope.

I've had the original for awhile, but I found #2 a couple months back for a really off ebay value so they lost a sale being douchebags.

It is one of the dumbest decisions they’ve made.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Gamestop is giving a free steel book as a pre-order incentive if you get the gold edition Sparks of Hope from them.  I cancelled the regular edtion on Amazon I had ordered and went with that instead. 

Be careful preordering from gamestop, if  you did it online it’s probably fine, but they have been having more and more instances of not fulfilling preorders in store on time or at all

7 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Be careful preordering from gamestop, if  you did it online it’s probably fine, but they have been having more and more instances of not fulfilling preorders in store on time or at all

Since the shipping was free I did it online - never had trouble with their online stuff before so hopefully this will be smooth sailing.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

Is there an up to date list with PS1 games that have a Switch phys. edition?

Off the top of my head...

Saga Frontier, Front Mission 2 (remake), Front Mission 3 (remake), Legend of Mana, Final Fantasy VII-IX, Tactics Ogre, Grandia, Pac World (remake), Spyro Trilogy (remake), CTR (remake), Crash Trilogy (remake), Chrono Cross, G. Darius, Raystorm, Raycrisis, Rhapsody, Klonoa, Mega Man X trilogy, Mega Man 8, Shadow Man, Powerslave (remake?), Myst (remake), Oddworld (remake), Sol Divide

I assume the Suikodens are getting a physical.

And a bunch of Capcom fighters in their compilations.

Saga Frontier 2 and Final Fantasy Tactics had plausible leaks too.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

It is one of the dumbest decisions they’ve made.

Agreed.  I know this is like black helicopters across the border level thinking, but... what if it was just a cover story because the game turned out under par for their standards and it's just quietly going to hopefully be forgotten once some media person stops remembering to bring it up every few months or so? 😛

• Like 1