IGNORED

The Switch Thread

On 1/9/2023 at 8:09 AM, Skorp said:

That's good you slowed down so I can catch up to you. I'm at 1073 😛 JK. Either way INSANELY gorgeous collection. Those WOW displays are a gold mine making the game room perfect. Btw, curious on the lighting for your ceiling? Just LED strip? Look like the universe up there. Very neat setup.

I counted today Skorp, I’m at 1350 on the nose. Little more than I thought! Don’t worry though, I’m still slowin’ down for a bit, so you’ll still probably “catch” me😂

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Castle of Shikigami 2 is a solid game, I had this one for Gamecube for years.  I just lost interest is all. 😄

I'm not sure I ever brought this one up, but last year through weird mail shenanigans and accidents over too many months I ended up with one of those 2000 Cotton Fantasy Switch boxes, I finally took the I DONT CARE angles and ripped the wrap off and opened it.  Willow is now on my desk that Nendoroid figure is just too cute, never owned one before.  Game is out of the wrap and I went and got back Cotton Reboot to go with it, solid shooters.  Shame the other entires on whatever system outside I guess of PC has some horrid delay lag because the other games like the Saturn release etc are solid.

16 hours ago, Ampplays said:

Operation Wolf is coming back!! LOL well I didn't play The House of the Dead reboot yet but I heard some good things…

I really wish that was the case. Im love the House of the Dead. Its one of the two or three arcade games I would actually go and get the real machine for. But the Switch port with gyro aiming just isn’t great. It gets un- calibrated SO easily. Yea you can recalibrate it with a button but it’s just not satisfactory. I end up firing with 2 buttons at the same time so Im recalibrating every shot. I could just play with the cross hair controller mode, but who wants to play a HotD game like that?

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

I don't know how long it has been available but I just noticed that this is available at PlayAsia

https://www.play-asia.com/atelier-mysterious-trilogy-deluxe-pack-english/13/70e5ab

I think there's 2 collections.  Hell, at least 2.

2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I think there's 2 collections.  Hell, at least 2.

I think there at least 13 games in the series.  This one caught my eye because one of them is more open world with an emphasis on exploration than the others and one is supposed to be tactically oriented in the battles,  

Target has a sale on about 160 switch games (including a lot of preorders) - buy one get one at 1/2 off.  I got Megaman Network Battle Collection, R-Type Tactics 1&2, Mato Anamoly, and Werewolf Heart of Darkness.   Saved about  $45 plus another 5% since I signed up for their Red Card.

Edited by Tabonga

Editorials Team · Posted

Can't even keep up anymore.  All the stuff from the direct, now I see there's a Raiden III release, a Rhapsody collection, Disgaea 7, a Dokopan game, another Trails game, every time I look at LRG it's a new slate of releases.

Good luck at being a new collector and catching up @Estil 🤣

There was so much, stuff largely I didn't want, but then there were those I'd be hyped for if it made sense, and those I'd likely or will grab.

The hype but not would be like Octopath 2 because I never got far in the first before time/life kept me off to where I sold it along with a few other RPGs and various titles.  And while Symphonia is nice, I have HDMI on Gamecube and my original game so...eh.

Yet I have wanted to return for some time to Metroid Prime, at $40 for one with proper control and nice refinement that's like a go to the store day one grab, and Kirby the overly belated Wii game getting a better Switch release count me in.  AW may make sense too, have to look into it since I just have the first on GBA.

I might consider, but long time commitment is a concern Etrian Odyssey as I've always been curious, also Fantasy Life.

Samba was amazing to see alive again, figured it was left for dead long ago as that was a lot of fun, so I am curious but not sure I'd pay for it.