IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Ninja JaJamaru is getting a new collection and it's getting a physical release for Switch: 

Ninja JaJaMaru: The Great Yokai Battle +Hell – Deluxe Edition is coming with six of the most important platformer evergreens in the iconic JaJaMaru series. Besides the brand new 2022 released Ninja JaJaMaru: The Great Yokai Battle +Hell, true ninja fans can look forward to awesome, classic Jump & Run action and also a very special addition to this collection – Ninja JaJaMaru: The Great World Adventure, an original GB game can now be experienced in color for the first time! We painstakingly hand-coloured this “black & white” classic and made it run perfectly on modern consoles – for this Deluxe Edition!

https://www.iningames.com/games/ninja-jajamaru

Looks like they put more effort into including the GB game than most publishers would. Imagine if Final Fantasy Adventure got a "hand-coloured" update for Collection of Mana? Or if Link's Awakening on the modern Zelda Game and Watch was actually Link's Awakening DX? What an idea. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Agree 1

Square has put out a message regarding the Final Fantasy collection, saying there will be another opportunity in the spring but again supplies will be “extremely limited”

Edit: Also looks like VGP canada is looking into getting a run printed for their store

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

They're just baiting people as abusively as possible which is a real shame.  They know it's hot, they know that era of FF is most cherished despite the years after as they offered up some semblance of franchise stability/consistency too.  It's bad enough it's square-taxed so they don't lose any money having the physical one cost less than the individual downloads each go for, but then to toxically limit it in such a way people get into online click level cat fights is asinine and utterly not necessary.  That's a real shame.

Personally, knowing their history going back a good decade online with sales, that usually for good cuts are nearly annual, that time is the Christmas-New Years gap period where stuff hits 50% off, not their usually 20% level stuff.

I'd advise seeing what matters most to stick it to their margins best...steam or your iphone/android device.  They're usually like.

Check this out.  Notice the price? FF1+2 $12/ea, FF3-6 $18/ea on steam, but if you buy the year around bundle? $75.  Funny coincidence eh?  Not.  https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/21478/FINAL_FANTASY_IVI_Bundle/

Mobile prices same, but no bundle discount package.

On 12/19/2022 at 11:22 PM, Tabonga said:

This is available for pre-order at First Press Games - looks really good but be aware that First Press Games takes a lot of time to actually deliver their pre-order stuff.

I'm playing it on Game Pass right now, looks great and plays great. The running speed is so fast, which is great for exploring but it's easy to miss hidden paths.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Anyone else finding sports story glitchy as fuck? Still having fun with it, but am soft locked on the baby tennis match.  Also, Ive had frame rate issues when on the shot slider and it has screwed me up frustratingly a few  times

Maybe that's why they shadow dropped it. I've haven't picked it up yet but I've seen lots of other people complaining about similar issues.

Yuk, I saw that, and that price is a real slap to the face but to be expected by resellers scalping that one as the nostalgia on those is extreme.  I wouldn't even pop for the standard as I know it would just sit and sit, bugged me it was priced to have no deal in price at all vs just having it on my phone bought individually which seemed pretty slimy.

On 1/6/2023 at 4:15 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Ok what's the switch game count? This is the biggest red wall I've seen to date. 

To be honest I haven't done a count in quite a while, but the total is somewhere in the ballpark of 1200-1250 games.

That's actually ~the same number I've had for a while, as I've both had to slow down on my Switch collecting for a bit while I settle some rather pricy sign/display deals, and I've also sold/traded a few "physically large+low priority" titles to make space in the game room (Valkyria Chronicles 4 comes to mind, with the giant CE box used to house a tiny plastic tank), as I'm pretty much totally out of space to display things and having to constantly "Tetris" things around to make them fit.

53 minutes ago, Quaze said:

To be honest I haven't done a count in quite a while, but the total is somewhere in the ballpark of 1200-1250 games.

That's actually ~the same number I've had for a while, as I've both had to slow down on my Switch collecting for a bit while I settle some rather pricy sign/display deals, and I've also sold/traded a few "physically large+low priority" titles to make space in the game room (Valkyria Chronicles 4 comes to mind, with the giant CE box used to house a tiny plastic tank), as I'm pretty much totally out of space to display things and having to constantly "Tetris" things around to make them fit.

That's good you slowed down so I can catch up to you. I'm at 1073 😛 JK. Either way INSANELY gorgeous collection. Those WOW displays are a gold mine making the game room perfect. Btw, curious on the lighting for your ceiling? Just LED strip? Look like the universe up there. Very neat setup.

1 hour ago, Quaze said:

Just have a potlatch to clear the shelves.........

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Skorp said:

That's good you slowed down so I can catch up to you. I'm at 1073 😛 JK. Either way INSANELY gorgeous collection. Those WOW displays are a gold mine making the game room perfect. Btw, curious on the lighting for your ceiling? Just LED strip? Look like the universe up there. Very neat setup.

Dang, creepin on 1100! I know the level of commitment that takes lol. Wouldn't mind seeing how you've got your collection set up! Thanks for the kind wordsanyway brother, I appreciate it. 

For the lighting, I've got app-controlled Geeni LED strips running along the top/back of the shelves to give that "backsplash" look against the wall, and for the galaxy effect, I have a small laser/light projector in the middle of the floor. You can see it this pic:

97556F19-2729-47E2-97EE-036836E2C366.jpeg