IGNORED

The Switch Thread

18 hours ago, Ampplays said:

Not announced and not looking like it's going to happen. I preordered from Play Asia, ended up having to buy two because the first one I bought was not the English cover and you know Play Asia  is no returns no refunds😣

They are like that?  They sent me a Japanese cover Pocky n Rocky but the game is in english.  Is your Asia-English Klonoa mailed already?  Maybe, just maybe depending, I could buy you out of it as i don't give a crap about the cover, as long as the game is in english since people are too damn cheap to make manuals anymore it's just a sticker and paper sleeve at this rate.  I've got Pocky like this, and years ago I Am Setsuna too.

I thought Klonoa was up for a US release, what kind of bullshit is that?!

38 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

It has a Euro release but no North America as far as I can tell. 

Hmmm...seems pretty messed up given the install base from the three primary regions.  Most confusing.  I'll have to look and see who is handling it then.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

They are like that?  They sent me a Japanese cover Pocky n Rocky but the game is in english.  Is your Asia-English Klonoa mailed already?  Maybe, just maybe depending, I could buy you out of it as i don't give a crap about the cover, as long as the game is in english since people are too damn cheap to make manuals anymore it's just a sticker and paper sleeve at this rate.  I've got Pocky like this, and years ago I Am Setsuna too.

I thought Klonoa was up for a US release, what kind of bullshit is that?!

Sounds good game releases 07/07 but I also got GrimGrimoire OnceMore on this order which releases 07/28 so its going to be middle of August before these arrive.

17 hours ago, Ampplays said:

Sounds good game releases 07/07 but I also got GrimGrimoire OnceMore on this order which releases 07/28 so its going to be middle of August before these arrive.

Ahh yeah that would be a bit of time, nothing crazy but...

17 hours ago, Ampplays said:

The  🇯🇵  version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge get's a free CD, we always get taxed for this stuff!

https://www.play-asia.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-english/13/70fhw9

As you now pointed out, this probably is the most intelligent pickup version of the game completely from play-asia.  $35 is what the others cost and get some lesser quality junk for that price, especially the US market.  That one though has the amazing sound track without having to pay more, and that diorama isn't utterly lame either and would present nicely on a shelf too.  I'm curious about the klonoa they have, one has an english cover (guessing the $53 one) and the other english-asia one just has the japanese cover for ($47).  Since it doesn't have a printed manual, seems $6 is a bit much for one time readable slip art at least to me.

Is it that the physical version of Turtles on Switch(etc) comes out at the last week of July?  I'm trying to figure out the best choice on this one.  Seems if you don't want any of the goodies, best buy probably is the best bet for fastest pick up or amazon.  It's LRG, but this is clearly going immediate retail so this won't be some 9-12mo free no interest loan with a game very much later.

17 minutes ago, greenthunder said:

Do you mean Yokai Watch 4? It was released on the Switch ages ago, unless you mean the localization which still hasn't happened yet.

Yea I meant the localized version. Not 100% sure it’s coming to the U.S. might be fakenews sorry. This is where I was reading it coming out. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/upcoming-nintendo-switch-games/

Editorials Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, Makar said:

Makes sense.  Resellers see Pirates Curse and preorder this one by the hundreds, and then have to eat them.

@Makar If that's the case, they're stupid, and wrong.  If it has a legit licensing agreement and is sold at some form of retail, it's part of the library whether their delusion accepts it or not.

And on that, I'm really really curious to know just how many LRG boxed copies of the original GBC Shantae were made/sold from start to them dribbling out so called 'extras' were all said and done **VS** the original Capcom published copy.

This would really setup a fascinating thing potentially.  What if there were less LRG games, but the Capcom one keeps commanding many times over the money on it?  It proves that rarity which should be trumping all things in monetary value, yet grifting made up shit has the money behind it.  Kind of breaks down the reality of how far things went wrong.

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Makes sense.  Resellers see Pirates Curse and preorder this one by the hundreds, and then have to eat them.

This is exactly what has been going on for the past year+. Every limited print release with open pre-order is heavily bought by resellers (and a good portion of sales go to game stores that carry the games, etc.) and after the games ship there's a considerable supply readily available at eBay and at stores like VGP, VGNY, PNP, etc. Lots of copies end up selling secondhand for basically a loss. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Makar said:

I’ve often wondered if part of it too is that collectors don’t view the limited release games as counting towards a full set 

I guess it's a free country and people can convince themselves that Race With Ryan is part of a set and Golf Story isn't if they really want to.  Seems like a lot of mental gymnastics.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I guess it's a free country and people can convince themselves that Race With Ryan is part of a set and Golf Story isn't if they really want to.  Seems like a lot of mental gymnastics.

I often wonder why collectors of full sets (which I only vaguely get in any event) worry about what other people think constitutes a full set - collect what you think is a full set for crying out loud.

• Agree 1