IGNORED

The Switch Thread

On 1/28/2022 at 1:23 PM, Tabonga said:

This is not available as a physical release but looks good:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/59068/ruined-king-a-league-of-legends-story-switch-review

There was a nice collector's edition released - the scalpers are already trying to make money on it but there are a limited number of copies still available from the publisher:

Just got this in today - it is even nice IRL than on the video.

Can someone please help me understand all the different versions of Cotton on Switch? 

There's Cotton 2 / Cotton Boomerang with Guardian Force. 

Cotton Reboot

Cotton Rock n' Roll? 

Now there's a new Cotton Fantasy just announced for pre-order? 

And I'm still waiting on a Cotton collection which I ordered looong ago...

Also apparently the input lag on the Cotton 2 / Boomerang / Guardian Force release is really bad. Which Cotton games are good? I want something worth playing. 

Oh come on.... now Lodoss War is on Switch in the US and Gamestop is pushing it in another month??

I picked up the english copy from video games plus which is a dual CA/US operation (they ship from both Niagra Falls cities) and it keeps being pushed back like a week to a month everytime the date almost arrives and I'm getting pissed.  Same price at Gamestop too, yet I could have paid maybe $5-10 more and got it like I think a month ago from playasia in english too.

Kind of getting fed up with these fly by night douchy limited style print run game operations that make physical copies of digital games as they clearly can't get their act together.  LRG is slipping, SLG is a goddamn joke who don't ship really, and it seems vgp is like slg too.  Hard to keep trusting any of these north american outlets.

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Oh come on.... now Lodoss War is on Switch in the US and Gamestop is pushing it in another month??

I picked up the english copy from video games plus which is a dual CA/US operation (they ship from both Niagra Falls cities) and it keeps being pushed back like a week to a month everytime the date almost arrives and I'm getting pissed.  Same price at Gamestop too, yet I could have paid maybe $5-10 more and got it like I think a month ago from playasia in english too.

Kind of getting fed up with these fly by night douchy limited style print run game operations that make physical copies of digital games as they clearly can't get their act together.  LRG is slipping, SLG is a goddamn joke who don't ship really, and it seems vgp is like slg too.  Hard to keep trusting any of these north american outlets.

Isnt Video Games Plus just a retailer? I don’t think they actually publish anything 

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

I wonder if that'll get a legit US release, or just give up because SquareEnix is full of it and order now.  That should be the same price here anyway.

Play Asia for all their faults is good about cancelling pre-orders - so you could pre-order there and cancel if a US release shows up.  (Here you can generally get free shipping also.)

6 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Play Asia for all their faults is good about cancelling pre-orders - so you could pre-order there and cancel if a US release shows up.  (Here you can generally get free shipping also.)

True, I had an order with them a time ago, but found the english was a download you can't get (UGH) for Fatal Frame. 😕

From what I see New P&R is not physical here, so it's safe, and even if it were the price would be the same looking at that too.  I've been lazy on Natsume stuff, still lack Wild Guns and Ninja Saviors.  It's like the trinity of SNES Natsume remasters.

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Do we know by the way if Klonoa and Pocky & Rocky are getting physical US releases?  I may just double/triple dip on those while already ordering from playasia.

US P&R preorder is already up on Amazon

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I wonder if that'll get a legit US release, or just give up because SquareEnix is full of it and order now.  That should be the same price here anyway.

None of the Square remasters got a US physical, just bigger titles and the full-blown remakes.

I know this has gone off the rails into being temporarily co-opted by LRG shenanigans....but... is anyone here slowly picking away or going nuts at it to finish that new Kirby game?  I'm taking the slow route every few days, game has a lot of charm, a few obnoxious hidden goals for waddle dees but the general game is pretty nice and a bit different than standard given the perspective of it all.

14 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Excellent.  I was planning on putting LaPucelle on my 2023 backlog as it was.

And I love Rhapsody, never got it on the DS but still have it on PS1. Also, good price ($29.99) for Disaster Report 4 if you still need a copy.

https://store.nisamerica.com/disaster-report-4-nintendo-switch-standard-edition