IGNORED

The Switch Thread

13 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Then Golf Story and Bayonettas

Is Bayonetta 2 separate from 1 on the eShop? I know Bayonetta 1 is on steam.  Could save a few dollars getting the sequel instead of a bundle.

13 hours ago, Rooster said:

I was thinking more of Switch only games.  I've owned Darkest Dungeon on steam for years.  Dead cells is also available on steam.  If a game is available on switch and steam, I am 100% guaranteed buying it on Steam on a sale.

I'm doing the same. Buying games on console then not having easy access in the following gen has become frustrating.  Steam addresses that for me.  Thankfully Switch has plenty of great exclusives to keep me busy.

Check out the Jupiter Picross games if you like puzzles.

12 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

Is Bayonetta 2 separate from 1 on the eShop? I know Bayonetta 1 is on steam.  Could save a few dollars getting the sequel instead of a bundle.

I'm doing the same. Buying games on console then not having easy access in the following gen has become frustrating.  Steam addresses that for me.  Thankfully Switch has plenty of great exclusives to keep me busy.

Check out the Jupiter Picross games if you like puzzles.

The other issue is that Switch sales are virtually non-existent, and Steam sales tend to be pretty reliable.

2 minutes ago, Rooster said:

The other issue is that Switch sales are virtually non-existent, and Steam sales tend to be pretty reliable.

Yup. Been trading stuff in and replacing it with steam versions at no cost lately.  Stuff is so cheap on there.  Except for picross.  They don't have picross.

1 hour ago, Rooster said:

There are bangin' Switch sales all the time.  Picked up a ton of stuff for cheap in Dec/Jan.  Anything I see that I am even remotely interested in, I put it on my wish list and check that tab weekly.

Moonlighter is $10 right now.  Jump on it!

32 minutes ago, fox said:

There are bangin' Switch sales all the time.  Picked up a ton of stuff for cheap in Dec/Jan.  Anything I see that I am even remotely interested in, I put it on my wish list and check that tab weekly.

Moonlighter is $10 right now.  Jump on it!

Switch does some good sales. Fanatical and Humble Bundle spoil us on the PC side though. Got Spyro Reignited, Crash Trilogy, Shenmue I & II, and Call of Duty WII among others for $12. 

I really hope Nintendo rewards starts doing discounts of switch stuff instead of 3ds/Wii U.  That should stack nicely with their normal sales.

Please forgive the timing of this question because I know I'm way behind the curve here.  I'm rarely an early adopter with new consoles, so I didn't get my first Switch until last Christmas, and I didn't sign up for the Nintendo Online service until last night.

I was playing the SNES games that are available online and really enjoyed them.

Then I started playing the NES games while using my Pro Controller.  The A and B buttons in the NES games are assigned to the A and B buttons on the Pro Controller.  This makes obvious sense on paper, but in practice, those buttons angle up on the controller making it very difficult to run and jump in platform games like Super Mario Bros.  The obvious fix would be to assign the A and B buttons to the Y and B buttons so that your thumb can push both at the same time if needed.  If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but I don't believe it's possible to reassign buttons in the NES games on the Switch.  If that's true, how did Nintendo screw this up so badly?  This could be such a simple fix, but the vast majority of NES games are completely unplayable unless I have my thumb surgically altered to angle the other direction.  And I don't play on doing that. 😉

I assume there are some 2 button NES controllers that work on the Switch.  If so, which do you all recommend?  

Edited by TDIRunner

10 minutes ago, fox said:

@TDIRunner
why not use X and A?  That keeps you finger at the same angle as Y and B

That's a partial solution, but since X is so high on the controller it's not ideal for anyone who has been playing these games for 30 years and developed muscle memory.  I play these games to relax and changing the button placement takes all of the enjoyment out of the games for me.  It's extremely disappointing considering how simple it would be for Nintendo to fix their mistake.  

Edited by TDIRunner

6 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I finally bought a Switch a few months ago after holding on for a pro version. I couldn’t be happier. This is the most I have enjoyed video games since the PS2/GCN/Xbox era.

I can agree to those claims.  Also, welcome back!

3 hours ago, Skorp said:

Who knew Ring Fit would end up being so valuable now. I am so jelly seeing people with it now. xD Always thought it would be available to buy, so never got it.

I always thought it looked fun, but considering how much I used Wii Fit I just assumed I'd wait until it was super cheap. Kind of like how I handle Labo. Oh well.

15 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

I always thought it looked fun, but considering how much I used Wii Fit I just assumed I'd wait until it was super cheap. Kind of like how I handle Labo. Oh well.

I was in the same boat about Labo but I bought the Labo VR kit at launch because I figured it might be more in demand and that worked out. Then I saw the VR kit became hard to find and Nintendo was stocking the half version with just the goggles and blaster. When Ring Fit was released i heard some people were having trouble finding it in stores, so I gave up on waiting and I went to Walmart right away and picked up a copy because I was planning to use it for working out at home anyway. Then I remember when it was selling out everywhere in Japan and figured it would eventually do the same in the US.

it’s too bad Nintendo manufacturing can’t keep up now. It really is an amazing title. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

5 hours ago, Skorp said:

Who knew Ring Fit would end up being so valuable now. I am so jelly seeing people with it now. xD Always thought it would be available to buy, so never got it.

It'll be back in stock eventually. The quarantine is what's making it in demand. It's a good way to relax and play at home with getting up and moving around. 

Just FYI to all: the Hori Split Pad Pro is on sale over here for ~$35 with tax, free shipping: https://www.rakuten.com/shop/gamercandy/product/873124007756/

Just ordered one and so there's 14 left now. 

I've heard it's very comfortable for playing in handheld mode especially if you have big hands. 

45 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Just FYI to all: the Hori Split Pad Pro is on sale over here for ~$35 with tax, free shipping: https://www.rakuten.com/shop/gamercandy/product/873124007756/

Just ordered one and so there's 14 left now. 

I've heard it's very comfortable for playing in handheld mode especially if you have big hands. 

That's tempting, but if I'm reading correctly, the only work when attached to the Switch.  So I think that means they won't work when connected to the Joy Con Grip.