IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - KUNG FU!!!

BeaIank

I would have been upwards of 500k had I point pressed the third and fourth levels, and managed to survive to get a decent amount of points on the fifth.

You guys who can carry the bonus all the way through those levels are sorcerers.

At least I beat skinny and got 5th place, unless somebody else snipes.

15 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

I'm tapping out just had a run and scorers 515 then come back and see Bert shows up and bumps me to third ☹️ ... Pressing points on the forth floor is definitely the way to go. You're either going to beat the magician it not do it doesn't make a difference. Great job everyone on improving the scores all week.... I will agree a one life contest may have been more fun but we can always do that next year

Congrats Doug. Well played!! 

It looks like you all played equally well with minor score differences based on luck. Luck was a definite deciding factor in this contest.

Score updated on page 5. That's all I got and sadly I suspect it's not enough to matter.  I actually had a major issue posting my score right at the end where the image wasn't refreshing. I use my own website and was just overwriting the same file for each update. I noticed that sometimes it wouldn't refresh in the browser. I feel like it's a local caching issue, however when I loaded the direct URL in a new tab, the right image showed up, but not in the actual thread (even when switching away and even refreshing the page). @Gloves is there any server-side caching happening for linked content like images to speed things up?

Edited by ninjistar

23 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

I'm tapping out just had a run and scorers 515 then come back and see Bert shows up and bumps me to third ☹️ ... Pressing points on the forth floor is definitely the way to go. You're either going to beat the magician it not do it doesn't make a difference. Great job everyone on improving the scores all week.... I will agree a one life contest may have been more fun but we can always do that next year

Congrats Doug. Well played!! 

Wow, that was close! Looks like I get to hold the Kung Fu championship until the next contest!

spacer.png

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

Score updated on page 5. That's all I got and sadly I suspect it's not enough to matter.  I actually had a major issue posting my score right at the end where the image wasn't refreshing. I use my own website and was just overwriting the same file for each update. I noticed that sometimes it wouldn't refresh in the browser. I feel like it's a local caching issue, however when I loaded the direct URL in a new tab, the right image showed up, but not in the actual thread (even when switching away and even refreshing the page). @Gloves is there any server-side caching happening for linked content like images to speed things up?

There is caching yes. 

I’ve asked this before. But here goes again. Do any of you listen to music while playing games, or do you just listen to the game music?
I listen to so much fucking music that I have to listen during playing most games just to get through it all. I sometimes find something I really like, and find it helps with playing tendo games.  😁

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I’ve asked this before. But here goes again. Do any of you listen to music while playing games, or do you just listen to the game music?
I listen to so much fucking music that I have to listen during playing most games just to get through it all. I sometimes find something I really like, and find it helps with playing tendo games.  😁

I always listen to the game music and sounds, cause they often give you sound cues that can help you playing well.

• Like 1

Just now, guillavoie said:

I always listen to the game music and sounds, cause they often give you sound cues that can help you playing well.

I usually listen to both. I might have something playing in the background but I still want to hear the game sounds.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'd say the easiest way would be to simply make a new post with each new score. Bea/Guil could use the "View all post by UserX" to find each user's score then. I know this would be a change for them though so I'd defer to their needs.

I guess we have some options to consider. Thanks for the prompt response!