IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - KUNG FU!!!

BeaIank

I got lucky and carried the 5K bonus through the boss on level 3 and far along on level 5 , I was very fortunate with my level 2 points and slaughtered everything moving... there may be another little bit of points left for extra health bonuses but i think 600K isn't attainable... What do you think @Bearcat-Doug

Just now, TWarwick07 said:

I got lucky and carried the 5K bonus through the boss on level 3 and far along on level 5 , I was very fortunate with my level 2 points and slaughtered everything moving... there may be another little bit of points left for extra health bonuses but i think 600K isn't attainable... What do you think @Bearcat-Doug

I'd be surprised if 550k was even possible. 

1 minute ago, TWarwick07 said:

The question I have is this... Is the scoring on the snakes completely random?? I have hit then with every move possible and it always varies between 100-400. But always random no matter what attach you use

I think you get the 400 points if you hit them right before they hit the floor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

I'm to the point now that when I kick a dragon ball in the air before it lands I'm resetting the game

That's the interesting part about this game. It has a certain level of variance, but ultimately, it's about how few mistakes you make. I think it's pretty cool. You can do the same thing over and over and just get better at it as you go. 

• Like 1

I have told this story before in the past contests but kung-fu is one of the most special NES games to me. It was the first Nintendo game I ever played on a M8 demo unit inside jc penny in the Monmouth Mall. I knew Kung Fu master from the arcade and couldn't believe how good this game looked because at the time I was playing Atari 2600. No one even knew what Nintendo was yet it had to be right after launch

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

I have told this story before in the past contests but kung-fu is one of the most special NES games to me. It was the first Nintendo game I ever played on a M8 demo unit inside jc penny in the Monmouth Mall. I knew Kung Fu master from the arcade and couldn't believe how good this game looked because at the time I was playing Atari 2600. No one even knew what Nintendo was yet it had to be right after launch

I was the same way with Excitebike. I played the arcade version and when I got the NES game, I was amazed that it looked exactly the same.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

I don't think I played Kung Fu until the 2015 contests. It's a really fun game. The closest thing I can think of that I had played growing up was Kicker (in the arcade). That's a game I'd love to play again!

• Like 1