IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - KUNG FU!!!

BeaIank

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

This is actually higher than the TG world record for B mode which is 502k.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/kung-fu-1/nintendo-entertainment-system

I'll be surprised if that's enough to win the contest this week. It wouldn't be the first time a TG record got beaten multiple times in the weekly contests. Our players have always been just as good!

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

He was probably just waiting for me to post mine first. 😂

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Score update! Your turn @skinnygrinny!

woooah! nice job meerkat! 

300k is my best right now. i hope to get some time this weekend but i think 400k will be my best if i can get it.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'll be surprised if that's enough to win the contest this week. It wouldn't be the first time a TG record got beaten multiple times in the weekly contests. Our players have always been just as good!

It's more of a case of the "world record" being hilariously low. You could probably roll the score without much issue in a normal run. I guess B mode isn't as popular as A.

I think I can hit 400k with my current strat of doing most of my pressing on the first level instead of the second. I always have some BS unavoidable death whenever I try to point press the dragons in the second level, like a dragon or exploding disco ball spawning right on top of me as I jump over a snake.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

It's more of a case of the "world record" being hilariously low. You could probably roll the score without much issue in a normal run. I guess B mode isn't as popular as A.

I tried playing normal on Mode B and made it to the fourth loop. I wasn't really pressing points though. I wanted to see how far I could get.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

15 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

woooah! nice job meerkat! 

300k is my best right now. i hope to get some time this weekend but i think 400k will be my best if i can get it.

It didn't take me as long as I was afraid it would. I did the math in my head to figure out where I needed to be on points going into my last life so there was a lot of hitting the reset button involved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It didn't take me as long as I was afraid it would. I did the math in my head to figure out where I needed to be on points going into my last life so there was a lot of hitting the reset button involved.

im finding it difficult to stay focused while purging the extra lives. nice work meerkat its a grind for sure.

Just now, skinnygrinny said:

im finding it difficult to stay focused while purging the extra lives. nice work meerkat its a grind for sure.

That part does get tedious, but it's interesting to see how high the score can get on one loop. I'm guessing a perfect run with good luck on the second floor would be 525k or a little higher.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Yeah many records on TG are like that. I remember beating the Revenge of the Gator record when playing in the Gameboy weekly contest despite never playing that game before. Although this one is especially impressive considering they are playing by easier rules (unlimited loops).