IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

1 minute ago, Estil said:

Too bad BLM recklessly disregards that notion...they don't even bother finding out what really happened...they just automatically presume not just mere guilt, but presumed racist.  Darren Wilson and the Duke Lacross players are the most perfect example I can think of why presumption of innocence (or at the very least, take the time to find out what really happened!) before presuming a white person accused of doing something wrong to a black person must be presumed guilty of a racist HATE crime as the BLM types do.

I too Cody, hold the right to presumption of innocence just as near and dear as you do...even if the reasons I feel that way differ somewhat..

You're speaking like BLM is an individual, I'd be willing to bet 90% of them agree with you on innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  The media however doesn't care at all and will destroy your life without factual evidence (that's something that needs fixed)

• Like 3

Administrator · Posted

Okay people, I think we've reached the official tipping point here.

This thread will be locked in the near future.    The staff encourages anyone that would like to have a political topic to open a club, and then you can have political debate posts in there to your hearts' content.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

37 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Okay people, I think we've reached the official tipping point here.

This thread will be locked in the near future.    The staff encourages anyone that would like to have a political topic to open a club, and then you can have political debate posts in there to your hearts' content.

Don’t lie, we all know @Gloves is just tired of hearing about American politics and doesn’t want to waste precious AWS storage on it!

The truth wants to be free!

Viva la Sage! Only @The Sage can judge me.

14 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm going to miss this thread. There were some solid debates about shoes and chicken sandwiches.

Me too. I never did get that Popeye's sandwich yesterday. Posting about it when I finally do won't be nearly as much fun unless I am interrupting personal attacks or semantics arguments.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doctornick said:

You're speaking like BLM is an individual, I'd be willing to bet 90% of them agree with you on innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  The media however doesn't care at all and will destroy your life without factual evidence (that's something that needs fixed)

90%? What about Michael Brown? People are still throwing his name out as an unarmed victim (and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" is still a mantra of BLM) even though upon investigation, the cops were acting in self-defense and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was/is false. Clearly, they're not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, or even looking beyond skin color to actually identify if the motivator was racism. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Me too. I never did get that Popeye's sandwich yesterday. Posting about it when I finally do won't be nearly as much fun unless I am interrupting personal attacks or semantics arguments.

Had one today, actually.  It had been so long I'd forgotten how good they actually were, especially with the cajun fries.

2 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

90%? What about Michael Brown? People are still throwing his name out as an unarmed victim (and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" is still a mantra of BLM) even though upon investigation, the cops were acting in self-defense and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was/is false. Clearly, they're not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, or even looking beyond skin color to actually identify if the motivator was racism. 

Sure thing man, they definitely don't want everyone to be treated the same.  You've totally convinced me now.

On topic make sure you guys check out the New Balance shoes club @Gloves is starting.

2 hours ago, G-type said:
3 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Got it. So getting pulled over, police smelling weed and asking the driver to step out and search the vehicle automatically equals racial profiling. No way for the driver to just say "I don't have weed, go ahead and search my vehicle"?

If the police are wrong, let them prove themselves wrong. Standing your ground and forcing them to remove you from the vehicle doesn't really help you in that interaction. He'd have a much better case if he was taken to jail after willingly exiting the vehicle and letting them search for weed that wasn't present.

Hypothetically, if the officer was black, would you feel the same way? Or if the driver was white? Race doesn't matter in this situation, no matter how much you think it does. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if your thought was, "well if he were white, he wouldn't have been pulled over, or asked to step out of the vehicle" - because after all, that's white privilege)  

I can link you to at least 3 videos of cops caught on camera planting drugs while searching a car.

If you're trying to prove that there are crooked cops, I agree. Never said there weren't any and that doesn't mean that it would happen more often than not in the scenario above. 

Unless you're implying that planting drugs is another method of "systemic racism" against minorities?

Just now, Doctornick said:
4 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Sure thing man, they definitely don't want everyone to be treated the same.  You've totally convinced me now.

What an irrelevant response.

Cops found to be acting in self defense after investigation, yet Michael Brown is still labeled as an unarmed victim and is used as evidence of racism in police....read that over and over again until it clicks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I wouldn't even recommend the chicken sandwich at Wendy's to my enemies.

6 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

For fast food chicken? I'd rather 4 more years of Trump!

Honestly, when was the last time you've went? I've never had a better fast food chicken sandwich than Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I urge you to give it a shot if it's been a while.