IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

15 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:
28 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

"black privilege"

Do you understand the meaning of the term privilege? Black privilege isn't a thing because they are a minority. White privilege is a thing because of the history of racism and bias used against people of color. 

So how does your definition apply to the situation I was referencing? If a white person is arrested without harm, why does that reflect their "white privilege" but when a black person is arrested without harm, it's not "black privilege"?

Let's keep an eye on how much positivity comes from people running around throwing false "white privilege"

A white person identifying and understand their own privilege is a good thing. There's nothing false about it. 

I hereby acknowledge my white privilege. I feel a lot better now. I think I just felt systemic racism get taken down a peg.

In all seriousness, quote me in context please. I was referring to the false white privilege claims against situations where white people are arrested without harm, because it has nothing to do with their "privilege" of being white. (ie. false) So feel free to address that point.

15 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I'm not as optimistic of the results as you seem to be.

I guess we'll see.

So far so good, right? I mean the last couple of months have resulted in some very good outcomes. I'll gladly trade the destruction of communities/lives and increased racial division in favor of the removal of old statues and having Aunt Jemima removed from syrup bottles. 

But perhaps if more people were to throw "black privilege" claims against black suspects who are arrested without harm, people would start realizing how ridiculous and hypocritical their claims of "white privilege" are in scenarios like this...

No, they would just sound like idiots who are trying to invent black privilege when everyone knows that's not a thing. 

Re-read what I said and answer this: If an example of "white privilege" is a white person being arrested without harm, then why isn't it "black privilege" when a black person is arrested without harm?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Do you understand the meaning of the term privilege? Black privilege isn't a thing because they are a minority. White privilege is a thing because of the history of racism and bias used against people of color. 

So privilege is based on being a majority over a minority, or based on history? You've got two different things going at once here, one based around history, the other based around majority / minority.

• Like 1

Where I live, believe it or not, I'm a minority, and...I'm white!!! And I've been discriminated against a billion times, will never be able to buy a house here without either marrying a local or getting financial aid from relatives, etc. Cannot receive stimulus vouchers despite paying taxes as I'm an "unattached" foreigner, no paid holiday time as I'm a whitey, hell, just earlier this week I was walking home from work and a little girl said to her mom , "Hey look at the fat, foreign white ape walking down the street!" Yeah, wheeee, I love this white privilege!!!

• Sad 1

Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Where I live, believe it or not, I'm a minority, and...I'm white!!! And I've been discriminated against a billion times, will never be able to buy a house here without either marrying a local or getting financial aid from relatives, etc. Cannot receive stimulus vouchers despite paying taxes as I'm an "unattached" foreigner, no paid holiday time as I'm a whitey, hell, just earlier this week I was walking home from work and a little girl said to her mom , "Hey look at the fat, foreign white ape walking down the street!" Yeah, wheeee, I love this white privilege!!!

Sounds shitty.  Seems like you'd be sympathetic  to racial plights, if anything.

• Wow! 1

Saw this one today, while looking out the window at the world that is the fish pond at my workplace.

Dead turtle floating around in a pond full of large and small fish, smaller fish eager and already starting to pick at his head, tasty dinner I guess?

Thing is, there's only about two turtles in the pond, and a large number of fish. Think one of the fish somehow farted in the water or something to kill the turtle? I mean, it's common for fish to eat other fish, but to see this guy floating about randomly? Definitely see majority / minority racism here. Fish on turtles. #turtlelivesmatter

IMG20200722110525.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Sounds shitty.  Seems like you'd be sympathetic  to racial plights, if anything.

I generally take it for what it is, and concern myself with those that do treat me with the respect. 😉

I'm also generally trying to act law abiding here, not getting involved in armed theft or drugs, stuff like that. If I didn't cooperate from a cop, here or elsewhere, I'd expect to get shot, at best.

Just gotta play by the rules.

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, fcgamer said:

I generally take it for what it is, and concern myself with those that do treat me with the respect. 😉

I'm also generally trying to act law abiding here, not getting involved in armed theft or drugs, stuff like that. If I didn't cooperate from a cop, here or elsewhere, I'd expect to get shot, at best.

Just gotta play by the rules.

Uh, that's fucked up.  Not the sorta rules I'd be willing to live by.  Cannot own property alone would be a deal breaker.

Like, not to drag him into this, but I assume Opt's children are gonna have to deal with some form of this.  I cannot tell you how livid that would make me.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

Uh, that's fucked up.  Not the sorta rules I'd be willing to live by.  Cannot own property alone would be a deal breaker.

Like, not to drag him into this, but I assume Opt's children are gonna have to deal with some form of this.  I cannot tell you how livid that would make me.

Honestly Taiwan sounds like a pretty shit place to live, based on the content of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Nope, they'd automatically be Taiwanense citizens I'd guess via the mum. 

You can own property here as a foreigner, just gotta be paid in full,

I'm tempted to mix it up and get popeyes tonight to finally try that chicken sandwich since ill be relatively in that area. Even if I find it better, it's probably only marginally so and likely not worth my time compared to chick fil a.

I do not care for KFC. I might pay them more mind if they made a nice sandwich, but if I was in the mood for a fried chicken meal, it would be from a restaurant and not there. If I am getting fast food, it is sandwich or bust.

On a side note, sometimes my wife just gets a craving for KFC and makes me go there. The closest one has a taco bell in it too, so I at least can get some food I am happy with. Although a 2 piece with cheesy fiesta potatoes instead of kfc's instant box mashed potatoes looks like a sweet deal.

Edited by Kguillemette
I don't need a reason. I do what I want!

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Saw this one today, while looking out the window at the world that is the fish pond at my workplace.

Dead turtle floating around in a pond full of large and small fish, smaller fish eager and already starting to pick at his head, tasty dinner I guess?

Thing is, there's only about two turtles in the pond, and a large number of fish. Think one of the fish somehow farted in the water or something to kill the turtle? I mean, it's common for fish to eat other fish, but to see this guy floating about randomly? Definitely see majority / minority racism here. Fish on turtles. #turtlelivesmatter

IMG20200722110525.jpg

Perhaps he is just sunbathing? 

31 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

I'm tempted to mix it up and get popeyes tonight to finally try that chicken sandwich since ill be relatively in that area. Even if I find it better, it's probably only marginally so and likely not worth my time compared to chick fil a.

I do not care for KFC. I might pay them more mind if they made a nice sandwich, but if I was in the mood for a fried chicken meal, it would be from a restaurant and not there. If I am getting fast food, it is sandwich or bust.

On a side note, sometimes my wife just gets a craving for KFC and makes me go there. The closest one has a taco bell in it too, so I at least can get some food I am happy with. Although a 2 piece with cheesy fiesta potatoes instead of kfc's instant box mashed potatoes looks like a sweet deal.

I don't wanna be the one to give you bad news, but check out taco bells upcoming menu changes (what they are getting rid of)

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

But people were @ 'ing in that thread.... WHERE IS OUR SAFE SPACE?

Maybe you should make a club and only invite like-minded individuals so you have a safe space echo chamber where no conflicting ideals exist, so you can shit on the uninvited people without any fear of reprocussion? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Maybe you should make a club and only invite like-minded individuals so you have a safe space echo chamber where no conflicting ideals exist, so you can shit on the uninvited people without any fear of reprocussion? 

Wait a minute... The Inner Circle... we already have that!  Thanks.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Popeyes has good fried chicken, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with the chicken sandwich. You should get the Cajun fries too. They're really good.

16 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Well that sucks. They took literally all the things I eat. No need to ever go back then.

Doesn't hurt as bad as when Burger King removed the Chicken Fries (THANK GOODNESS they've brought them back), but I officially have no reason to go to Taco Bell anymore without the beefy nacho loaded griller. It's the only decent thing on the menu there since it always came out hot.

Now when will I see a McRib again.

23 hours ago, Rhino said:

@MrWunderful is doing exactly what @spacepup told the rest of us not to do - to take petty jabs at one another. You don't get a free pass just because you're a mod.

He also said not to call one another trolls, and yet there you are 

22 hours ago, Rhino said:

You’re a good troll.

And you call other people hypocrites. Ok.

• Haha 2