IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

1 minute ago, Silent Hill said:

What an irrelevant response.

Cops found to be acting in self defense after investigation, yet Michael Brown is still labeled as an unarmed victim and is used as evidence of racism in police....read that over and over again until it clicks. 

So you're saying BLM doesn't want everyone person to be treated the same by the police?  

1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Honestly, when was the last time you've went? I've never had a better fast food chicken sandwich than Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I urge you to give it a shot if it's been a while.

I'll get burgers from Wendy's any day of the week, because they are OK enough for the price, though certainly not "great" by any standard.

But the last time I had their spicy chicken sandwich it just tasted like crunchy smoke.  It was terrible.

Yes, it was years ago, back when they introduced them in the first place -- but it was bad enough that I'd never be willing to try it again and they have forever discredited themselves as a purveyor of chicken sandwiches 😛

• Sad 1

Just now, Doctornick said:
3 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

What an irrelevant response.

Cops found to be acting in self defense after investigation, yet Michael Brown is still labeled as an unarmed victim and is used as evidence of racism in police....read that over and over again until it clicks. 

So you're saying BLM doesn't want everyone person to be treated the same by the police?  

That's what you're hearing, but it's not what I'm saying. 

I'm saying that BLM (and anyone in general) who still use Michael Brown as a statistic/example and use the mantra of "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" obviously don't care about the facts of the situation. They only care that it was a black man shot by a white police officer. No concern other than skin color. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

That is so heartbreaking. When I get them they are almost always tender, spicy, deliciousness. I have never had one be crunchy in my life.

Popeyes's and Chick-fil-a are whole muscle sandwiches. Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is chicken byproduct pressed into a patty with emulsifiers to keep it together. They are about as real as the dino nuggets you can buy at the grocery store. But hey, if that's your thing.  

9 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Popeyes's and Chick-fil-a are whole muscle sandwiches. Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is chicken byproduct pressed into a patty with emulsifiers to keep it together. They are about as real as the dino nuggets you can buy at the grocery store. But hey, if that's your thing.  

Do they not still offer regular whole-meat breast-fillet sandwiches at Wendy's?  I had assumed that was what he was referring to, not the value-menu chicken sandwiches.

2 hours ago, Doctornick said:

You're speaking like BLM is an individual, I'd be willing to bet 90% of them agree with you on innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  The media however doesn't care at all and will destroy your life without factual evidence (that's something that needs fixed)

Yeah that's more what I meant.  It's just that I don't ever recall anyone from BLM say, admitting the white cop shooting the black guy really didn't have any other choice, nor do I recall any of the several dozen Duke faculty that made/signed that open letter condemning the Duke lacross players ever apologizing for what they did...and I bet hardly anything happened to them.  While the players irreconcilably got their playing careers destroyed and their lives half ruined, the faculty got to just go about their business like normal.  BLM activists STILL do the "hands up don't shoot" thing even though Michael Brown did NOT have his hands up...and in fact the grand jury correctly cleared Darren Wilson completely of wrongdoing.

37 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

It's overrated. Go to Wendy's. 

OMG their spicy chicken...my first ever paycheck kind job was in the late 90s (HS days) at a local Wendy's...getting a free spicy chicken or double burger combo before your shift was a nice perk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Do they not still offer regular whole-meat breast-fillet sandwiches at Wendy's?  I had assumed that was what he was referring to, not the value-menu chicken sandwiches.

Ahh, I must be mistaken then. I'm honestly not sure about their "premium chicken sandwiches". I admit it has been a long time since I've had a Wendy's chicken sandwich. Although I have no regrets ruffling Cody's feathers though. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Okay people, I think we've reached the official tipping point here.

This thread will be locked in the near future.    The staff encourages anyone that would like to have a political topic to open a club, and then you can have political debate posts in there to your hearts' content.

Oh I don't know if opening a club is really necessary...there's all kinds of places out there in all parts of the political spectrum for that.

Eh, when exactly DID we reach the official tipping point?  I'm just curious.  Maybe debating politics isn't a good idea in a video game place...I mean Republicans and/or Trump supporters buy and play video games too, right?

46 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

90%? What about Michael Brown? People are still throwing his name out as an unarmed victim (and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" is still a mantra of BLM) even though upon investigation, the cops were acting in self-defense and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was/is false. Clearly, they're not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt, or even looking beyond skin color to actually identify if the motivator was racism. 

Yes!!!  My point exactly!!!  They don't CARE about the rights of the accused when the accused is a white person accused of doing something wrong to a black person.  In fact, I could've sworn there was a columnist several months back who made quite clear that males wrongly accused of #metoo kinds of things is perfectly acceptable collateral damage.  I really wish I was making that up but I'm not. 😞 

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

This thread will be locked in the near future.    The staff encourages anyone that would like to have a political topic to open a club, and then you can have political debate posts in there to your hearts' content.

I made an open club yesterday

https://www.videogamesage.com/forum/177-threads/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

Me too. I never did get that Popeye's sandwich yesterday. Posting about it when I finally do won't be nearly as much fun unless I am interrupting personal attacks or semantics arguments.

It has to be experienced to be believed. Good chicken is a far greater issue than politics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

Me too. I never did get that Popeye's sandwich yesterday. Posting about it when I finally do won't be nearly as much fun unless I am interrupting personal attacks or semantics arguments.

Good chicken is a far greater issue than politics. So good that it posted twice.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 2