IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

16 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

What if I told you I disagreed with him? And its the internet, lighten up. 

You said BLM is a sham and then took offense to me posting smiley faces. Get over it. 

BLM is a sham. They are not what they're purported to be. 

Actually guys, thanks to the C-Team (Corey, Cody, etc) I've had an epiphany. I'm here to join my brother's and sisters here in fighting the good fight.

Let's destroy all copies of M.C. Kids on NES. It's racist as the black guy is not the default.

Let's destroy all copies of the original NES Double Dragon game. The black characters in the game are all bad guys.

And don't get me started on the game pool. We use the white ball to hit the black ball, as well as the coloured balls, trying to drop them out of sight into little caskets, err I mean pockets.

Let's start some petitions here on VGS, we can win this fight!

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Administrator · Posted
14 hours ago, Rhino said:

@MrWunderful is doing exactly what @spacepup told the rest of us not to do - to take petty jabs at one another. You don't get a free pass just because you're a mod.

You are correct that mods don't get a "free pass" to break rules, but I don't see anything about his posts being out of line.

6 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Actually guys, thanks to the C-Team (Corey, Cody, etc) I've had an epiphany. I'm hear to join my brother's and sisters here in fighting the good fight.

Let's destroy all copies of M.C. Kids on NES. It's racist as the black guy is not the default.

Let's destroy all copies of the original NES Double Dragon game. The black characters in the game are all bad guys.

And don't get me started on the game pool. We use the white ball to hit the black ball, as well as the coloured balls, trying to drop them out of sight into little caskets, err I mean pockets.

Let's start some petitions here on VGS, we can win this fight!

Ever notice how the black sheep is a BAD thing? They should just kill all the black sheep to remove that racist terminology from the English lexicon :V

Also, Notice how bandages are advertised as SKIN TONE but only come in beige?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to General Current Events/Political Discussion
32 minutes ago, drxandy said:

FB_IMG_1595424360609.thumb.jpg.62a90c68f5cbb32225a99c2a50a8a99a.jpg

FB_IMG_1595424380458.thumb.jpg.0e465b36534a06d4b0d0e9cfd8c3a014.jpg

FB_IMG_1595424389481.thumb.jpg.7ed73c5f8b0a9cf0ee74aa4aa5c6ad32.jpg

What a poisonous mindset. This is the shit that moves us backwards. 

How many examples of black suspects taken alive would I have to provide to highlight how ridiculous the above is? How many unarmed white victims of police killings would I have to provide? 

This is the type of "collateral damage" of BLM and the overarching message that I was referring to in an earlier post. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silent Hill said:

How many examples of black suspects taken alive would I have to provide to highlight how ridiculous the above is? How many unarmed white victims of police killings would I have to provide? 

This is the type of "collateral damage" of BLM and the overarching message that I was referring to in an earlier post. 

Disagree.

28 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Think white privilege is the only thing going on here, or something about being female as well? I'd reckon the latter.

18 minutes ago, drxandy said:
21 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Disagree.

Fair enough. Good luck with the false mindset that all white people automatically get a free pass because of their skin color.  

Just over the weekend in Detroit, a black male executed 3 people in a restaurant, and left one in critical condition. Guess what, he was arrested by police within a day or two, still alive. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Good luck with the false mindset that all white people automatically get a free pass because of their skin color.  

Don't need luck, I'm white. It's worked out great for me. 

LOL dude denying white privilege exists.... boggles the mind.

How you gonna bitch about on off examples and then use a one off example to justify your point? 

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fcgamer said:
32 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Think white privilege is the only thing going on here, or something about being female as well? I'd reckon the latter.

Gender definitely plays a role statistically when it relates to use of force. 

The main issue I take with stuff like this is that the same exact outcome could (and does) happen if the suspect was black. Blanket statements like "imagine if she were black" are toxic and fall apart so quickly when examples are provided. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:
51 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Good luck with the false mindset that all white people automatically get a free pass because of their skin color.  

Don't need luck, I'm white. It's worked out great for me. 

LOL dude denying white privilege exists.... boggles the mind.

How you gonna bitch about on off examples and then use a one off example to justify your point? 

What makes you think that if that exact situation happened with a black teenage female, that it wouldn't have resulted in the same outcome? That's the problem. Absolutely no proof or pattern that suggests she was taken into custody without being killed just because she is white. Talk about a racist mindset...

I bitched about people using examples like this to prove "white privilege" when I can easily provide extremely similar examples of the same outcome, but with a black suspect. By that logic, wouldn't it prove "black privilege"? My point was that it's not as simple as claiming "white privilege" when plenty of black suspects are treated the same in similar situations. Just like plenty of white people have been unjustly killed by police. Their "white privilege" tank must've run dry at that point I guess?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:
1 hour ago, Silent Hill said:

What moves us backwards is denying systemic racism and white privilege exists while people of color continue to suffer from both every day in our country

Nope. People who focus on scenarios like this and claim "white privilege" while ignoring other scenarios of black people being apprehended without harm is what will keep promoting unnecessary racial tension and divide. Those narrow-minded, heavily vocal people do much more harm than good by promoting racial divide and only viewing scenarios based on skin color alone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

By that logic, wouldn't it prove "black privilege"?

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Those narrow-minded, heavily vocal people do much more harm than good by promoting racial divide

Promoting racial divide... lol. I can't with you dude, I just can't. You think anyone who supports Black Lives Matter fucking WANTS this divide? IT IS THERE. You are willfully ignorant to it. That's your own fault. No one is PROMOTING it. We are pointng out that IT EXISTS, it is a PROBLEM, and it needs resolved.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:
43 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

By that logic, wouldn't it prove "black privilege"?

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Those narrow-minded, heavily vocal people do much more harm than good by promoting racial divide

Promoting racial divide... lol. I can't with you dude, I just can't. You think anyone who supports Black Lives Matter fucking WANTS this divide? IT IS THERE. You are willfully ignorant to it. That's your own fault. No one is PROMOTING it. We are pointng out that IT EXISTS, it is a PROBLEM, and it needs resolved.

Ah, a GIF to reflect how ignorant I am instead of actually addressing the flawed logic and double standard. Classic.

Let's keep an eye on how much positivity comes from people running around throwing false "white privilege" claims at situations that have absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm not as optimistic of the results as you seem to be. But perhaps if more people were to throw "black privilege" claims against black suspects who are arrested without harm, people would start realizing how ridiculous and hypocritical their claims of "white privilege" are in scenarios like this...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

"black privilege"

Do you understand the meaning of the term privilege? Black privilege isn't a thing because they are a minority. White privilege is a thing because of the history of racism and bias used against people of color. 

Let's keep an eye on how much positivity comes from people running around throwing false "white privilege"

A white person identifying and understand their own privilege is a good thing. There's nothing false about it. 

I'm not as optimistic of the results as you seem to be.

I guess we'll see.

But perhaps if more people were to throw "black privilege" claims against black suspects who are arrested without harm, people would start realizing how ridiculous and hypocritical their claims of "white privilege" are in scenarios like this...

No, they would just sound like idiots who are trying to invent black privilege when everyone knows that's not a thing. 

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 2