IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

1 hour ago, Estil said:

That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure...and if I ever get to meet QE2 I'm not British so I don't have to bow right?

No bowing.

There is a polite courtesy protocol when meeting her. Generally you address her initially as "your majesty" and  "Ma'am" everytime after.

You don't HAVE to do it, but if you don't, it's unlikely you'll be asked to meet with her again. 😛

3 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

I've yet to see compelling statistics/evidence that point to systemic racism.

Yea yea. We already know you deny systemic racism exists. Keep on living in your fantasy bubble.

So what's the plan to dismantle the other "systemically racist" issues I wonder?

There are many plans if you wish to do the research.

Remove some more logos? More statues? Rename some more sports teams? 

Every little bit helps. No one pursuing these things assumes its going to automatically  end systemic racism. 

BLM started by protesting police brutality and instead of focusing on police brutality as a whole, they chose to make it about race,

Hold up. You are telling me the... Black... Lives Matter movement is protesting a race issue? Weird. Black lives... protesting an issue... that affects black lives... My mind is blown. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Factor in their mission statement and claims of being Marxists, you start to understand why a lot of people are not in favor of the movement itself.

You can disagree with the beliefs of some of the founders of the hash tag and still believe that Black Lives Matter. I can guarantee you anyone I know who disagrees with BLM (and I know a few, being from Nebraska), none of them will cite that the owners said they were Marxists in a 5 year old video. Instead they will simply say "All Lives Matter", proving they are either ignorant or racist.

1 hour ago, Rhino said:

The BLM movement is a sham. 

See above.

2 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

What's their skin color have to do with anything? I see what you're trying to do but I don't see where they lied about anything. 

@MrWunderful is doing exactly what @spacepup told the rest of us not to do - to take petty jabs at one another. You don't get a free pass just because you're a mod.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Here's the latest SJW crusade. Trader Joe's is racist everyone! https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/us/trader-joes-food-labeling-racist-petition-trnd/index.html

Did you read the article? What is the issue here? The company said "yes, were going to change these labels". What's the harm in doing that?

16 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Did you read the article? What is the issue here? The company said "yes, were going to change these labels". What's the harm in doing that?

How are the names racist? They used certain names to market certain foods and correspond them to the culture they are from. Are Jose Ole taquitos racist because they have Jose in the name? Give me a break.

Edited by Rhino

13 minutes ago, Rhino said:

How are the names racist? They used certain names to market certain foods to the culture they are from. Are Jose Ole taquitos racist because they have Jose in the name? Give me a break.

Why are you so outraged at a company making a decision based on people’s input? 1700 people signed a petition, who cares?

Sounds like something that will not affect your life in anyway, so it seems fitting to rage about it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

What's their skin color have to do with anything? I see what you're trying to do but I don't see where they lied about anything. 

It's invalid because it goes against the media's narrative and the YouTubers don't support BLM. Being against the movement automatically makes whatever they say invalid. 

5 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Why are you so outraged at a company making a decision based on people’s input? 1700 people signed a petition, who cares?

Sounds like something that will not affect your life in anyway, so it seems fitting to rage about it. 

Where does it end though?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rhino said:

It's invalid because it goes against the media's narrative and the YouTubers don't support BLM. Being against the movement automatically makes whatever they say invalid. 

*Yawn*

6 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Where does it end though?

the SJWs will never stop, not until every 6 yr old hates the flag, and all the puppies have been forced to get sex changes at a planned parenthood (there will be one on every corner soon)

The true, american patriots Need YOU to rage about trader joes item naming on a video game website! 

3 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

*Yawn*

the SJWs will never stop, not until every 6 yr old hates the flag, and all the puppies have been forced to get sex changes at a planned parenthood (there will be one on every corner soon)

The true, american patriots Need YOU to rage about trader joes item naming on a video game website! 

How dare I express my opinion on a forum. 

1 minute ago, Hammerfestus said:

Thank you. I mean, this is the same guy who said That If you choose not to support a company for a certain reason or other, you automatically are not allowed to patronize any company that ever did anything questionable in their past. Regardless of if they tried to correct the problem or not.

I’m sure he thinks that if Trader Joe’s decides to change their name on Middle Eastern products from “Arab Joe“, next stop is Nancy Pelosi Giving Ar15s to MS-13 members so they can perform child sacrifices in churches. Slippery Slope!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rhino said:

How dare I express my opinion on a forum. 

No I want you to keep up the Fight.  What else are the SJWs up to? 

Did you hear Starbucks doesnt say Merry Christmas  on their cups anymore?

Crazy Times we are living in. Man I miss the Antebellum south. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Thank you. I mean, this is the same guy who said That If you choose not to support a company for a certain reason or other, you automatically are not allowed to patronize any company that ever did anything questionable in their past. Regardless of if they tried to correct the problem or not.

I’m sure he thinks that if Trader Joe’s decides to change their name on Middle Eastern products from “Arab Joe“, next stop is Nancy Pelosi Giving Ar15s to MS-13 members so they can perform child sacrifices in churches. Slippery Slope!

Don't put words in my mouth. I said you're a hypocrite if you do that, not that you can't patronize any company. Shop wherever you want. You're a good troll. Where do you come up with this stuff man? To be clear so he doesn't put words into my mouth again, no I don't think Nancy Pelosi will do that.

17 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

No I want you to keep up the Fight.  What else are the SJWs up to? 

Did you hear Starbucks doesnt say Merry Christmas  on their cups anymore?

Crazy Times we are living in. Man I miss the Antebellum south. 

Idk. The Trader Joe's thing was the most recent one I saw. 

Question, if someone doesn't support Starbucks anymore because they don't like them taking out religious aspects on their products, is this the same thing as someone not supporting Chick Fil A because Chick Fil A once donated to an organization that was against the lgbtq+ community?

42 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I said you're a hypocrite if you do that, not that you can't patronize any company. Shop wherever you want. You're a good troll. Where do you come up with this stuff man? To be clear so he doesn't put words into my mouth again, no I don't think Nancy Pelosi will do that.

Everyone knows you didnt say that man. I was using Hyperbole.  The idea of a “slippery slope” (but where does it stop though?) is a logical fallacy, and Im having fun with it because you come on so strong. 

38 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Idk. The Trader Joe's thing was the most recent one I saw. 

Question, if someone doesn't support Starbucks anymore because they don't like them taking out religious aspects on their products, is this the same thing as someone not supporting Chick Fil A because Chick Fil A once donated to an organization that was against the lgbtq+ community?

Yeah, why would it not be? 

YOU are the one raging against SJWs constantly. There is not a single “SJW” , participating in this discussion, who wants to cancel shit over minor things. All the SJWing/ manufactured outrage is being performed by yourself, and a small group of others. 

People who want to discuss race relations and believe Black lives matter =\= people wanting to cancel trader joe for calling something “Trader Ming”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:
5 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

I've yet to see compelling statistics/evidence that point to systemic racism.

Yea yea. We already know you deny systemic racism exists. Keep on living in your fantasy bubble.

My "fantasy bubble" is where I use statistics/evidence to decide my beliefs

So what's the plan to dismantle the other "systemically racist" issues I wonder?

There are many plans if you wish to do the research.

At least give me a warm lead on one...

Here's an example from Iowa: https://www.icgov.org/project/black-lives-matter-movement-systemic-racism

Though I see a very heavy emphasis on police, but no other areas of systemic racism. Or something like this, which is so vague I don't even know what the plan is other than throw money at it:  "2.  Commit $1,000,000 to local efforts promoting racial equity and social justice."

Remove some more logos? More statues? Rename some more sports teams? 

Every little bit helps. No one pursuing these things assumes its going to automatically  end systemic racism. 

Help me understand how renaming the Redskins or removing Aunt Jemima actually impacts systemic racism? Because to me, it seems like a hollow act that as no true, notable impact on systemic racism. 

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

BLM started by protesting police brutality and instead of focusing on police brutality as a whole, they chose to make it about race,

Hold up. You are telling me the... Black... Lives Matter movement is protesting a race issue? Weird. Black lives... protesting an issue... that affects black lives... My mind is blown. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Why is the movement about race when police brutality affects every race? It's not because every unarmed black person was killed by a white cop, or that racism was even a factor when it was a white cop. And it's not about the disparity of unarmed black people killed by police compared to population percentage, because there are many factors that play into that disparity. It can't be viewed as a single factor of systemic racism.

Also, just imagine if White Lives Matter was started to protest police brutality against white people. Since plenty of unarmed white people are killed by police every year, I'd say it's just as relevant. Do you really think that it wouldn't be viewed as some sort of racist movement? Or that it would even have close to the same support that BLM is getting? (Especially from the celebrities and major organizations) It'd be a laughing stock.

Factor in their mission statement and claims of being Marxists, you start to understand why a lot of people are not in favor of the movement itself.

You can disagree with the beliefs of some of the founders of the hash tag and still believe that Black Lives Matter. I can guarantee you anyone I know who disagrees with BLM (and I know a few, being from Nebraska), none of them will cite that the owners said they were Marxists in a 5 year old video. Instead they will simply say "All Lives Matter", proving they are either ignorant or racist.

Of course, I DO believe that black lives matter, but what I don't believe is that they're systemically oppressed and I don't think the collateral damage of this recent movement is  justifiable. And I don't care how old the video is, I'm confident that their views haven't dramatically changed in the last 5 years. Same movement, same intention.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

So why again is it racist? That's what I'm trying to figure out. 

Also 1700 people seems like a rather small number, there were more Cheetahman II's released than that!

• Like 1